Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hermanni View Post
    Anyone with any idea on what's the best way to level up from 1 in 2.0? I need to replace my dead DH but I'm not sure which difficulty is optimal, mob level seems to go up too much on higher difficulties.
    get some1 who can farm Torment 2+ to boost you... you'll get to 60 in like half an hour

Deleted
    Playing on my barb at torment 1 stuff need a while to kill stuff but as long as I do pay attention I do not die dropped some interesting legendary
    Like the bracers that make the enemies take 26% damage for 5 seconds after a knockback, so my build kinda look like this: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculato...VRP!ZcY!ccYYcZ

May drop the inspiring presence for brawlers aybe not the most efficient build but it is fun to play
    Last edited by mmoc89084f456c; 2014-02-27 at 07:23 PM.

I notice improvements after playing a bit myself. I'm WD though and on torment1 I seem to run out of mana rather easily. I think only reason I can keep that level is because I happen to have set bonus that gives me mana regen and mana on kill. I havent been able to think of a way to play without bears yet. Well I suppose I could pick some other skills, but nothing I have tried so far is good for killing groups. I'd like to equip some upgrades, but I wont be killing much stuff, if I go oom :/ .

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Skorpionss View Post
    get some1 who can farm Torment 2+ to boost you... you'll get to 60 in like half an hour
    1 minute actually

Pre-patch I had just cleared Inferno with my DH and whilst I was killing stuff fairly quickly I was also going down pretty quick if I got in a bad position (i.e. anywhere a monster could hit me). Now I'm on Torment 1 and despite some pretty hefty upgrades from the Blacksmith (24k-38k on-sheet DPS) I'm finding monsters are going down incredibly slowly, but not really hurting much when they hit me.

Quote Originally Posted by ot4ku-mh View Post
    1 minute actually
    nerfedrip

Must say i felt exacly the same when i logged into my barb. He was my strongest char pre 2.0 and it felt so slow now. So i tryed other chars i had and i must say wiz turned out to be a machine for clearing. Also life steal still plays a huge roll, for me at least, even with like 2,5k Loh i dont get same results compared to 4-5% life steal weapon.

Link to my wiz is here, but a note, thats my build for farming the chest in act 1, its not what i do for normal play.

http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/profile/S...0/hero/8916489

Pretty much same gear, but with this build, i just demolish T2, even the elite packs, can just stand and tank them.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculato...STj!WZT!cbYZcc

Quote Originally Posted by Dhrizzle View Post
    Pre-patch I had just cleared Inferno with my DH and whilst I was killing stuff fairly quickly I was also going down pretty quick if I got in a bad position (i.e. anywhere a monster could hit me). Now I'm on Torment 1 and despite some pretty hefty upgrades from the Blacksmith (24k-38k on-sheet DPS) I'm finding monsters are going down incredibly slowly, but not really hurting much when they hit me.
    Probabli you were playing on MP 0-1; 38k dps is really really low to go torment, Master is your best bet. Also Torment levels are very far from each other, sitting at 138k dps Torment 1 is pretty easy, Torment 2 is way slower (though i can manage to play defensively and not die).
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

Quote Originally Posted by Dhrizzle View Post

I'm finding that somewhat as well, last time I played I had just finished clearing Inferno with a friend. I set it up to Torment 1 using this build after some trial and error, and it works it out great, but my damage is really lacking outside of Archon, especially against the bosses in just Act 1. Not sure if I should change anything with the build, since I only really put it together after CMWW was removed, but I'm still paranoid I might be making a huge mistake, or missing out something that would make it perfect.

Quote Originally Posted by Underskilled View Post
    I'm finding that somewhat as well, last time I played I had just finished clearing Inferno with a friend. I set it up to Torment 1 using this build after some trial and error, and it works it out great, but my damage is really lacking outside of Archon, especially against the bosses in just Act 1. Not sure if I should change anything with the build, since I only really put it together after CMWW was removed, but I'm still paranoid I might be making a huge mistake, or missing out something that would make it perfect.
    Dont want to tell anyone what build they should use, since i am all for go with whats fun for you in 2.0, but your build has a lot of +dmg% abilities and then it has rly bad dmg abilities. Dont know how high is your arcane power generation, with + on crit, but dont think you have nuff to maintain a build with only arcane power spenders. Imo should drop 1 dmg ability and get a primary skill. So you can have an ability to always deal dmg and have bursts of aoe from using arcane power.

Quote Originally Posted by Itakas View Post
    Dont want to tell anyone what build they should use, since i am all for go with whats fun for you in 2.0, but your build has a lot of +dmg% abilities and then it has rly bad dmg abilities. Dont know how high is your arcane power generation, with + on crit, but dont think you have nuff to maintain a build with only arcane power spenders. Imo should drop 1 dmg ability and get a primary skill. So you can have an ability to always deal dmg and have bursts of aoe from using arcane power.
    Well, the main reason I put the build up, is that I'm open to the harsh, sometimes nightmarish criticism of the internet. My AP isn't too bad, I've got 13 APoC so I'm only ever having some AP issues against single targets at a time. I feel like the bigger problem could be my gear, as it's only 86.2k damage on-sheet.

And what do you mean by really bad damage abilities? I feel like my build somewhat synergizes with itself, with both Arcane Torrent and Explosive blast working with Arcane Torrent's rune, along with Slow Time/Frost Nova for control, but I'd be open to what could be considered generally more damaging abilities at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by Morae View Post
    I notice improvements after playing a bit myself. I'm WD though and on torment1 I seem to run out of mana rather easily. I think only reason I can keep that level is because I happen to have set bonus that gives me mana regen and mana on kill. I havent been able to think of a way to play without bears yet. Well I suppose I could pick some other skills, but nothing I have tried so far is good for killing groups. I'd like to equip some upgrades, but I wont be killing much stuff, if I go oom :/ .
    Try firebats with cost 0 mana rune as bread and butter and wasp swarm fire rune as rightclick. Try and find drops with +fire damage on them or +damage to those 2 skills. Lastly use the passive rune that spawns headhunters from your physical attacks. Both wasp swarm and firebats count and since you are spamming firebats you can get a headhunter army up and running really quickly. Combine this with burning dogs and a garg and you have a massive creep army.

Im flying through torment 2 with that setup but I was pretty geared going into this patch.
    Last edited by minkage; 2014-02-28 at 12:48 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Itakas View Post
    Must say i felt exacly the same when i logged into my barb. He was my strongest char pre 2.0 and it felt so slow now
    Same! It took some real time to get used to but my barb felt very very clunky. Things just...didn't quite fall into place at the speed I would expect and was used to.

Deleted
    It's interesting reading this post since I feel a lot more powerful after 2.0.1 with my DH running with these items/skills.

The only problem I've really had is Torment 4 and above Jailers oneshotting me with their Jail... So I'm sort of "stuck" in T3 until I get more resistances.

Stopped playing Barbarian after my last HC death. So maybe like a year+ since I rolled Barb last- l30, incomplete SC.

That said, I felt this 2.0.1 patch brought Barbarians to a more perfected state than at any time in the franchise. The logic and mechanics are very sound. Took less than 10 mins of skill configuring and I was running a level 30 Barb through the difficulties up to master with extreme ease. Much more so than with any other l60, fully geared character.

Wizard, Barbarian and to a lesser degree Demon Hunter got some nice redesign in this patch. Feel like Monk made out the worst but haven't put much time into the game yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    Stopped playing Barbarian after my last HC death. So maybe like a year+ since I rolled Barb last- l30, incomplete SC.

That said, I felt this 2.0.1 patch brought Barbarians to a more perfected state than at any time in the franchise. The logic and mechanics are very sound. Took less than 10 mins of skill configuring and I was running a level 30 Barb through the difficulties up to master with extreme ease. Much more so than with any other l60, fully geared character.

Wizard, Barbarian and to a lesser degree Demon Hunter got some nice redesign in this patch. Feel like Monk made out the worst but haven't put much time into the game yet.
    Feel kinda weird without without old Ruthless and Into the Fray rune, they were very important for barb.
    Quote Originally Posted by kbarh View Post
    may i suggest you check out wowwiki or any similar site, it's Grom that orders the murder of Cairne

10+ Year Old Account
    My wizard's Archon spec is ruined, I have no clue how to play my Barbarian, and I can't be bothered to go and learn a new build/playstyle again. Meh, maybe when RoS comes out I'll try again.
    It's pronounced "Dur-av-ian."

Quote Originally Posted by Duravian View Post
    My wizard's Archon spec is ruined, I have no clue how to play my Barbarian, and I can't be bothered to go and learn a new build/playstyle again. Meh, maybe when RoS comes out I'll try again.
    I think it can be fun if you relearn it but... CBA atm. Waiting for Dark Souls 2.
    Quote Originally Posted by kbarh View Post
    may i suggest you check out wowwiki or any similar site, it's Grom that orders the murder of Cairne

Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    Same! It took some real time to get used to but my barb felt very very clunky. Things just...didn't quite fall into place at the speed I would expect and was used to.
    Im in the same boat as you, for the life of me I just can not get comfy with the current speed or play style, I have tried different combos and skills, but it just feels like I am just auto attacking. Maybe my paragon points need to be alocated better or maybe the gear i left with is not really good for 2.01,

Quote Originally Posted by Underskilled View Post
    Well, the main reason I put the build up, is that I'm open to the harsh, sometimes nightmarish criticism of the internet. My AP isn't too bad, I've got 13 APoC so I'm only ever having some AP issues against single targets at a time. I feel like the bigger problem could be my gear, as it's only 86.2k damage on-sheet.

And what do you mean by really bad damage abilities? I feel like my build somewhat synergizes with itself, with both Arcane Torrent and Explosive blast working with Arcane Torrent's rune, along with Slow Time/Frost Nova for control, but I'd be open to what could be considered generally more damaging abilities at this point.
    Sry if the answer took a while, was away. Anyway, what i was meaning is depending on how much AP you generate, you could maybe switch explosive blast with something that doesnt have cd, so you can spam it a bit more. Also, why dont you go with time bomb, if you use explosive blast. Since you dont have any cd reduction, having a 2,5s cast or no cast doesnt change much when its on a 6s cd (ok bit less because of the talents, but still over 2,5s)