Question [Healers POV ?] " Casters have slightly too many instant cast spells "

Reading :
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/content/...Tweets-DLC-429

" Casters have slightly too many instant cast spells, especially healers that can keep themselves alive without ever using a spell with a cast time. "

I only ever played Holy paladin, and Mistweaver monk. The first one is a spec where you're always casting (except a very few things, like ef but it cannot save your life by itself if you're focused), and the 2nd one where you're channeling except for a few things, the most OP being the " orbs spam " when you're hardly trained. I don't know much about the other healers gameplay. Who's really concerned about that future change, and is it so exagerrated ? I understand the " instant " concept might be a clear advantage in a fight (no interrupt), but are some healers classes so much based on instants that you nearly never have the opportunity to interrupt them ?

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    On my Holy Paladin I rarely ever stand still or cast.

I think you are just doing it wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Asthreon View Post
    On my Holy Paladin I rarely ever stand still or cast.

I think you are just doing it wrong.
    Maybe ... while being trained, HS, EF & holy prism are not enough to simply heal myself and my partners (BG/RBG POV). Divine light, Flash heal are still on shortcut here.
    Last edited by Strear; 2014-02-26 at 02:48 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    As a Resto Druid I almost never have to cast. Even when forced to cast i just pop incarnation and am cast free for another 45 sec lol. So no I never really have to cast anything unless shits hit the fan and i'm out of CD's

Restoration Shamans are the only ones who frequently have to cast. MW monks too I believe.

15+ Year Old Account
    I cast on my mistweaver...or well channel, but as soon as I do a enveloping mist I stop because I do not want to get interrupted. With so many people having interupts it makes me not want too. If all the classes still has interrupts it will be a bad place for us healers.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

As a Holy Priest I really don't have to cast that often. Same with my Resto Druid. Have to cast a lot on my RSham though.

But I would agree, 4 of the 5 healers basically never have to cast heals. Makes it kind of dumb really trying to kill one. They don't even really have to remove much to fix it, just take away some of the stuns. Interrupts aren't that bad, they're jukeable and have always existed anyway, it's the crazy number of stuns that's getting out of hand. They said they wanna tone down CC next expansion, if that includes stuns, then healers should be alright even if they have to cast a lot. Problem is lots of classes revolve around stuns nowadays.

Nothing to worry about right now. He's not even specifically referring to pvp. (Yeah, I know that would make the most sense, but perhaps they want them to think more about their movement in raids as well). The pvp game will be a lot different in WoD. The item squish will make sure of that.

It's true all the instants do make interrupts far less valuable. I miss the days of trying to fake out a dps in trying to lock me out personally. As long as the game is a little bit less bursty, and we don't sit unable to control our characters as long due to all the CC, it will be fine.

Deleted
    " Casters have slightly too many instant cast spells, especially healers that can keep themselves alive without ever using a spell with a cast time. "
    Good thing blizzard hired Cpt. Obv... pardon, Holinka, so he can tell us this.