Page 1 of 922
... LastLast
    Deleted

Putin puts troops in western Russia on alert in drill

Nato supports the new Ukrainian government* ...what you guys think? Is there potential for a new war incoming since western europe and the states stepped right into the russian territory ? Would putin be really that stupid to mess with the Nato / US?
    Last edited by mmoc15f92c5277; 2014-03-02 at 01:43 AM.

According to the treaty signed when Ukraine gave up its nuclear arsenal, Russia, USA, Great Britain guarantee its territorial unity. Why the heck would Russia want to invade Ukraine?? Although, right now the situation defies any logic.

Deleted
    Because the ukraine is russias forecourt and in the south alot of russians live also the russian blacksea forces.... with the ukraine beeing pro west russia looses alot...also putin looses his face when he dont do anything about that the US / Western Europe take away ukraine from his eurasian empire...

That Viktor Janukowitsch guy was Putins marionette, since hes gone ukraine goes pro west instead of pro russia.
    Last edited by mmoc15f92c5277; 2014-02-26 at 12:56 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Moshrag View Post
    It’s On: Putin Deploys Troop Battalion: Russians Raise Flag Over Ukranian
    Source for this? I think it would be all over the news if Russia was invading.

Moshrag, please, write Ukraine without "the". Putin will lose his face if he does anything against Ukraine. The whole shebang right now is unfolding in the Crimea. Russians want the Crimea and they provoke pro-russian protests on the ground that russian speaking citizens are in danger. They have a doctrine that they will protect russians in case they are in danger in other countries. This is what they did in Georgia in 2008. This is what they want to do now in the Crimea.

10+ Year Old Account
    Would putin be relly that stupid to mess with the Nato / US?
    Hold your horses don't choose sides, no one wants a war which involves Russia and USA things can get really ugly really quick, let's just hope that the whole thing will end peacefully because the current situation sadly has all these characteristics that could escalate it in large scale conflict.

Eh, I can't find anything on a site that isn't InfoWars level.

Not that it would surprise me much.
    Russia doesn't seem interested in letting Crimea go.

10+ Year Old Account
    Would putin be relly that stupid to mess with the Nato / US?
    Why not? He's gotten the better of Obama almost every time.
    Quote Originally Posted by nôrps View Post
    I just think you retards are starting to get ridiculous with your childish language.

15+ Year Old Account
    In my opinion Russia's just sabre-rattling. I suppose everyone will go "Oh, please let's sit down at a table and talk!" and then have Russia setting its conditions there.

Quote Originally Posted by Notchris View Post
    Eh, I can't find anything on a site that isn't InfoWars level.
    http://www.welt.de/politik/ausland/a...Militaers.html
    http://www.spiegel.de/politik/auslan...-a-955793.html
    http://www.faz.net/aktuell/politik/a...-12821672.html
    http://www.reuters.com/article/2014/...A1P0RW20140226
    WoW: Crowcloak (Druid) & Neesheya (Paladin) @ Sylvanas EU (/ˈkaZHo͞oəl/) | GW2: Siqqa (Asura Engineer) @ Piken Square EU
    If builders built houses the way programmers built programs,the first woodpecker to come along would destroy civilization. - Weinberg's 2nd law

He seeks them here, he seeks them there, he seeks those lupins everywhere!

10+ Year Old Account
    This has been the game the whole time predicted months ago. If the US has done something like that they internet would be on absolute fire. The US can barely conduct a humanitarian aid operation without catching flak from keyboard jockeys.

Deleted
    Last edited by mmoc3ff0cc8be0; 2014-02-26 at 01:23 PM.

So far, it's 'drills to test the readiness.'
    EU and US militaries are probably aware and making plans just in case this goes wrong, but I don't think anyone expects it to, really. It's just posturing...

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenblade View Post
    In my opinion Russia's just sabre-rattling. I suppose everyone will go "Oh, please let's sit down at a table and talk!" and then have Russia setting its conditions there.

http://www.welt.de/politik/ausland/a...Militaers.html
    http://www.spiegel.de/politik/auslan...-a-955793.html
    http://www.faz.net/aktuell/politik/a...-12821672.html
    http://www.reuters.com/article/2014/...A1P0RW20140226
    I was looking for them putting troops in Ukraine already as the original post had said, not talking about the possibility of it. Which seems to be what your links are talking about.

As far as I've seen, only InfoWars type sites were reporting Russian troops deployed in Ukraine (other then what mans the port in Crimea).

A mod should change the thread title, because it is entirely wrong.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Combatbulter View Post
    A mod should change the thread title, because it is entirely wrong.
    Yes i appriciate that...wanted to post originally the "Test the readinessof troops" thing....not a native speaker so i apoligize.

Deleted
    Big military drill with air forces, paratroops and land forces near the Ukrainian border. Think how conveniently those troops are deployed should things go wrong.

I was reading about the history of the region recently.

Belarus, Ukraine, and Russia all claim the Ukraine (or Kievan Rus) as their cultural heritage. So the entire Rus or "Russian" heritage stems from Ukraine. In fact, the term "Kievan Rus" only was coined in the 19th century. Before that, the Ukraine was called "Land of the Rus". The center of Russian / Rus culture was the Ukraine. Kievan Rus was established in 882 AD.

Kievan Rus went through a golden age but entered a decline due to some infighting and the decline of its main trading partner, Constantinople. But the major blow was the invasion of the Mongol "Golden Horde" in the 1200s. The entire area was utterly conquered as the Mongols would push even further west into eastern Europe. The Region was effectively partitioned into Ukraine, Russia, and Belarus -- cultural distinctions that emerged then (forced by the Mongols) which survive to this day.

Russia itself was originally a Ukrainian construct. Ukrainians invaded Russia, conquered the Finnish tribes living there, and established what would become the Kingdom of Muscovy. The entire Rurik Dynasty and later Romanov dynasty that would found Moscow and the Kremlin, build it up and eventually become the Tsars, were all Ukrainians. Ivan the Terrible, Catherine the Great, Peter the Great were all Ukrainians. Muscovy eventually expanded vastly into what we call today Russia.

Quote Originally Posted by Whiskymon View Post
    Big military drill with air forces, paratroops and land forces near the Ukrainian border. Think how conveniently those troops are deployed should things go wrong.
    Show of strength more than anything.
    Surely Putin can't actually be stupid enough to invade.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    I was reading about the history of the region recently.

Belarus, Ukraine, and Russia all claim the Ukraine (or Kievan Rus) as their cultural heritage. So the entire Rus or "Russian" heritage stems from Ukraine. In fact, the term "Kievan Rus" only was coined in the 19th century. Before that, the Ukraine was called "Land of the Rus". The center of Russian / Rus culture was the Ukraine. Kievan Rus was established in 882 AD.

Kievan Rus went through a golden age but entered a decline due to some infighting and the decline of its main trading partner, Constantinople. But the major blow was the invasion of the Mongol "Golden Horde" in the 1200s. The entire area was utterly conquered as the Mongols would push even further west into eastern Europe. The Region was effectively partitioned into Ukraine, Russia, and Belarus -- cultural distinctions that emerged then (forced by the Mongols) which survive to this day.

Russia itself was originally a Ukrainian construct. Ukrainians invaded Russia, conquered the Finnish tribes living there, and established what would become the Kingdom of Muscovy. The entire Rurik Dynasty and later Romanov dynasty that would found Moscow and the Kremlin, build it up and eventually become the Tsars, were all Ukrainians. Ivan the Terrible, Catherine the Great, Peter the Great were all Ukrainians. Muscovy eventually expanded vastly into what we call today Russia.
    That's all pretty... Suspect, in my opinion, seeing as the Rus were a viking nation.
    Last edited by Stir; 2014-02-26 at 02:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Stir View Post
    Show of strength more than anything.
    Surely Putin can't actually be stupid enough to invade.

That's all pretty... Suspect, in my opinion, seeing as the Rus were a viking nation.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rulers_...ia_family_tree

A nice Family Tree

The Russian Royal Family begins with Yuri I who was Grand Prince of Kiev. Ivan the Terrible shows up near the botton of the Rurik Dynasty. Michael I is in both the Rurik and Romanov lines. Then you run thru the Romanov line all the way down to Nicholas II. All of them trace back to Yuri I, Grand Prince of Kiev.

15+ Year Old Account
    It’s On: Putin Deploys Troop Battalion: Russians Raise Flag Over Ukranian
    Way to misinterpret what happened. Sensationalism effort much?
    But soon after Mr Xi secured a third term, Apple released a new version of the feature in China, limiting its scope. Now Chinese users of iPhones and other Apple devices are restricted to a 10-minute window when receiving files from people who are not listed as a contact. After 10 minutes, users can only receive files from contacts.
    Apple did not explain why the update was first introduced in China, but over the years, the tech giant has been criticised for appeasing Beijing.