Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    I dident read all the replies, but I feel warrior tanking is very good atm. If you still have problem with norushen you should try This specc.

Make sure you have some vengence when you come down there and full rage. pop Recklessness, shield block and stormbolt when u come down there to get some burst dmg on him. At his first hurl you can spellreflect. Also make sure you have used thunderclap on him to lower his dmg output. When he casts his first ability (not Titanic Smash tho) use demo shout and as u got the incite rune you get 3 free heroic strikes. on the secund hurl use mass spellreflect and when you drop low use zerk rage and enraged regeneration. Then you still have shieldwall and laststand as backup cd´s. Just make sure you pop shieldwall on high hp and not as an emergency cd.

I play a prot warrior and am currently at 9/14HC. As with all tanks, clever CD usage is very important, don't forget to ask for externals should you need them.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Skarssen View Post
    And yet they are still far and away the best damage dealing tank.
    Why is it then that BrM monks get beaten by pretty much all other tank classes on pretty much every fight that isn't a constant AoE-fest?

Quote Originally Posted by reebelraabel View Post
    Why is it then that BrM monks get beaten by pretty much all other tank classes on pretty much every fight that isn't a constant AoE-fest?
    I'm not certain which fights you're referring to, but on my Monk I often was top or near the top of the meters for the later fights (the early ones don't deal enough damage to give that much vengeance to make tank damage do enough).

15+ Year Old Account
    I'm loving prot war tanking it's sooo much fun! we can do really good dmg, we have amazing mobility (heroic leap, intervene, charge) and with active mitigation and CD's we are in a pretty damn good place!

As for Norushen I really can't understand how a prot war does not like that fight... I look forward to it each week as we can cheese so much with spell reflect and mass spell reflect :P !

Last weeks log of norushen :
    http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/t...2&e=1927#Odina

the main thing about prot wars is using all the tools we have...if you just spam SS, REV and S.block your gonna have a bad time. If you start using everything right down to shattering throw etc you will have a much better time

I'm 512 with a 429 weapon and i feel stronger than most tanks

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by promdate View Post
    I'm not certain which fights you're referring to, but on my Monk I often was top or near the top of the meters for the later fights (the early ones don't deal enough damage to give that much vengeance to make tank damage do enough).
    Norushen, Jugger, Nazgrim (no add stacking), Malkorok, Thok, Siege, Garrosh...
    They do OK in fights like Spoils, Galakras and Protectors when there's always 2+ targets to cleave. And of course if you let your tank solo reflections on Sha or hoard adds on Nazgrim.

Norushen, Jugger, Nazgrim (no add stacking), Malkorok, Thok, Siege, Garrosh...
    4 of those 7 you listed you can actually be top 3 damage as a brewmaster on (malkorok, thok, siege, garrosh), as I said before the other 3 don't hit hard enough (norushen is a terrible fight to look at tank damage on as you can't compare because you're in two separate zones that screws up logs). I was consistently top 5 damage on my monk on normal juggernaut until we changed our strat for heroics. Having mained warrior, monk, and paladin between T15 and T16; monks aren't that far off from others on the harder hitting bosses. The first 8 hit like wet noodles and aren't going to give you that much vengeance.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ye BRM got nerfed HARD this tier.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Protection warriors are fine,
    Progressed normal SoO with 2x Prot warrior, myself + guildie.

Currently on 12/14 HC as protection warrior, and its fine.
    The banners / rallying. you name it, its all put to good use.

AOE wise we can do quite the dmg, aslong as you specc for it / glyph for it! (Thunder clap glyph / Bloodbath) etc!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by promdate View Post
    4 of those 7 you listed you can actually be top 3 damage as a brewmaster on (malkorok, thok, siege, garrosh), as I said before the other 3 don't hit hard enough (norushen is a terrible fight to look at tank damage on as you can't compare because you're in two separate zones that screws up logs). I was consistently top 5 damage on my monk on normal juggernaut until we changed our strat for heroics. Having mained warrior, monk, and paladin between T15 and T16; monks aren't that far off from others on the harder hitting bosses. The first 8 hit like wet noodles and aren't going to give you that much vengeance.
    You can be top 3 damage as holy priest for all I care. The fact is that brewmasters are nowhere near the top on single target.
    Also; first 8 hit like wet noodles? 500k++/second ticks on jugger not enough damage? How about 1mil++ Unleashed Angers on Norushen?

Warriors aren't just "fine", they're by far the best tank right now when you consider everything.

They bring:

1. The highest damage of any tank at a very low (nearly nonexistant) survivability tradeoff
    2. 2 raid CD's
    3: Great mobility
    4: Skull banner + Shattering throw

Consistent AoE pickup is their weakest point and even then it's really not bad with Mocking Banner/leap/tclap.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    shield barrier is probably one of the most op defensive talents in the entire game, using it properly makes warriors super effective mitigating damage

Deleted
    When I reach vengance cap with my 1.2mil hp I can't get killed by anything due to the fact that shield barrier is so good damm OP.
    But if your warrior tank has problems on Norushen I guess its because he don't use a aktiv medigation when the add cast Piercing Corruption. Cause then the coruption will stack up and you can't survive on second wind.

Deleted
    Why would you use 2nd wind tho? has been rubbish for a long time now.