Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Skalm View Post
    ....dead targets....you need to re-check your information source.
    You want source? I have played this. Best example I ran into this, solo BT, the room just before Akama I pull all mobs, activate blade flurry, watch what happens. Don't use Fan of Knives, stand in one place so all the bodies pile up, and only use single target abilities, you will notice that bodies get hit and remaining alive targets don't. Usually around 5 or 6 alive targets and about 15 dead. I have ran into this enough to know its not bull. Test if yourself if you don't believe me.

- - - Updated - - -

My source of this information is through gameplay. I just tested this again, just to make sure I was right. Pulled 10 Hozen in Jade Forest. After about 4 of them died blade flurry started hitting the corpses. You can tell not only from the lack of damage numbers appearing, but also you can see the blade flurry hit animation ON the bodies. Its like a slight red flash.

I know what I am talking about, and have posted this in bug reports with no answer or fix. Maybe if more rogues notice this (finally) and mention it to blizzard, something will finally be done about it.

Didn't someone make a post a couple months ago about CT being worth it for combat at like 3+ mobs to keep the dot rolling?

Quote Originally Posted by Warstar View Post
    Didn't someone make a post a couple months ago about CT being worth it for combat at like 3+ mobs to keep the dot rolling?
    Yeah, I believe that was Lachtobi. In fact it was, thread's here: http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...3#post22759803
    I am the lucid dream
    Uulwi ifis halahs gag erh'ongg w'ssh

Quote Originally Posted by Ryme View Post
    Yeah, I believe that was Lachtobi. In fact it was, thread's here: http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...3#post22759803
    Which leads us to think, while we're talking about aoe... With the recent expose armor discovery and the value of CPE being substantially higher than CPE, how does FoK compare to using sinister strike?
    Fluorescent - Fluo - currently retired, playing other stuff

i5-4670k @ 4.5 / Thermalright Silver Arrow Extreme / Gigabyte Z87X-D3H / 8GB DDR3-1600 RAM / Gigabyte GTX 760

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Apolyc View Post
    The main problem with using Blade Flurry on that many enemies at once, is once a few of them have died, around 5 or 6 there is a high chance that Blade Flurry will start hitting the corpses instead of other targets. And obviously the more that die the higher that chance will go. Easy way around this is to move away from the bodies, but it's the principle of that matter.
    Went back and checked this in Naxx. Unbelievably, this is actually happening. With enough corpses (I was able to get ~35 stacked up) Blade Flurry becomes very unlikely to do any damage to a target next to the corpses. Wow.

Never had a good reason to doubt it before, so I never realized that happened... probably when the revamp happened.
    Last edited by Kael; 2014-02-27 at 05:54 PM.

Man the tweetdecks.

Quote Originally Posted by Kael View Post
    Went back and checked this in Naxx. Unbelievably, this is actually happening. With enough corpses (I was able to get ~35 stacked up) Blade Flurry becomes very unlikely to do any damage to a target next to the corpses. Wow.
    I am glad other rogues went out to test this. Spread the knowledge in hopes of a fix. FYI it can happen much sooner than 35.
    If you have your main target, 5 corpses and 3 others alive, there is still a high chance NONE of the other 3 will be hit by blade flurry.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Apolyc View Post
    I am glad other rogues went out to test this. Spread the knowledge in hopes of a fix. FYI it can happen much sooner than 35.
    If you have your main target, 5 corpses and 3 others alive, there is still a high chance NONE of the other 3 will be hit by blade flurry.
    I believe the chance is 7.142%, which is a low chance imo

Quote Originally Posted by nihna View Post
    Which only goes up the more bodies that pile up

Quote Originally Posted by Kael View Post

Never had a good reason to doubt it before, so I never realized that happened... probably when the revamp happened.
    That's not the only bug affecting combat rogues. The ruthlessness bug is still unfixed.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by shadowboy View Post
    That's not the only bug affecting combat rogues. The ruthlessness bug is still unfixed.
    Yeah, but that one I've had an eye on. The Blade Flurry bug caught me by surprise >.>

Quote Originally Posted by nihna View Post
    But you are guaranteed to do less dps than you are balanced around, which demands a fix with raging fury.