Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Masark View Post
    The distinction is completely nonsensical. Both are being projected into your viewing field.
    Pretty sure you can't read your email or browse your newsfeed on a BMW's HUD.

Now, if release Glass have some way of ensuring that you can't do things that are unarguably distracting and irrelevant to the task at hand while driving, then sure, it seems like an improvement on the standard way of using GPS or taking calls. And from the stories I read, Google does have a point: "Glass is still in beta, so don't rush judgement."

It certainly comes off more like typical corporate concern for the bottom line though.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Masark View Post
    The distinction is completely nonsensical. Both are being projected into your viewing field.
    the only difference i could note is that the hud on the bmw is on the windshield itself, and is only in your peripheral unless you look at it, where as the google glass puts a map in your face that you cant look away from. i havent ever worn them so idk how much of your view they take up but i could see it being a concern (which again, could prove to be a non-issue if they arent that intrusive).

Quote Originally Posted by Bathory View Post
    I'm surprised so many people are ok with this. That's like assaulting someone because they brought a camera to a bar and decided to take some pictures.
    People aren't exactly "OK" with randomly abusing strangers but if you are taking video recordings of me without my permissions we are going to have a word with each other. With all the shit you see on Youtube and other websites the last thing I want is a video of myself randomly put online. Not that I have anything to hide but they don't really have the right to randomly video tape other people because we don't know what they are going to do with it.

15+ Year Old Account
    From comments I've read on stories about Google's lobbying against the proposed laws, when you're running the map app, it'll only pop up when you need to be making a turn soon. The difference is, like I said, all the other things you can do with a computer on your head that run the whole range from mildly to extremely distracting.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    I'd have done the same, I want a glasshole!

10+ Year Old Account
    It's San Francisco they don't seem to like Google much recently what with the Bus debacle
    Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    I'd never compare him to Hitler, Hitler was actually well educated, and by all accounts pretty intelligent.

10+ Year Old Account
    Attacked as in they took the glasses from her and apparently stole her purse.

Wearing those things in public is like asking to be robbed or something.

Like having a diamond ring that calls people names.. lol

But seriously, they are like $1500 a set right? What's the point of them? use your Android/iPhone like everyone else.

Not that i condone people getting beat up and robbed

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mancowski View Post
    Wearing those things in public is like asking to be robbed or something.

Like having a diamond ring that calls people names.. lol

But seriously, they are like $1500 a set right? What's the point of them? use your Android/iPhone like everyone else.

Not that i condone people getting beat up and robbed
    You can't look at your phone when driving/cycling or doing anything else that requires both hands. The price will no doubt go down too.
    It's always been Wankershim!
    My Brand!

Did anyone read the incredibly vauge article. Looks like she went to a bar filled with wealth hating punk rockers who attempted to steal her google glass. Doesn't say anyone punched her in the face or that it was because she was recording. Just a witness later claimed she shouldn't have been recording in the bar. I think it was more a punk rocker vs yuppie hipster thing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zoldor View Post
    Did anyone read the incredibly vauge article. Looks like she went to a bar filled with wealth hating punk rockers who attempted to steal her google glass. Doesn't say anyone punched her in the face or that it was because she was recording. Just a witness later claimed she shouldn't have been recording in the bar. I think it was more a punk rocker vs yuppie hipster thing.
    Like most threads here that start with some far fetched story that is embellished to the point that the bullshit shines like a supernova, people get behind it and attempt to justify every bullshit action that occured. If she was raped, burned alive, then eaten, someone here would go "well serves her right because X and Y and SHE WAS RECORDING!" That is just MMO-Champion.

It doesn't matter how absurd any story is, you'll find people here that make any absurdity a reality in their minds, then they bring that mentality here and justify it.
    It's always been Wankershim!
    My Brand!

It seems more likely that she was attacked for her bag and cellphone...

10+ Year Old Account
    Dive bar is wrong location to use google glass.
    We don't know if she made pictures of people, if i understand correctly, she was showing off how to take photos with google glass to her friend, she could make photos of food, furniture or w,e, else, it's not clear that she was filming people.
    These people was jelly.

Deleted
    I am somewhat surprised in a bad way by the sheer amount of support towards physical violence as a means to atempt to deal with perceived non-violent everyday issues.
    Last edited by mmocd9c750e2e7; 2014-02-27 at 06:17 AM.

She did nothing illegal, throw the people who assaulted her in jail and ruin their lives.

Quote Originally Posted by poser765 View Post
    Yeah I don't think I've seen anyone in here do that. What I HAVE seen, though are plenty of people who point out that a realistic expectation of privacy may be a bit different than what they think it is.
    You must have a very selective view of what is said then, because I see people openly say it's okay to have people recording your every act as soon as you leave your home.

Quote Originally Posted by Orlong View Post
    The term for people who use google glass is Glassholes

Yep.

Google glasses are going to be a nightmare for privacy. I hate to say it but I HOPE people become afraid to use them. I hope more businesses ban them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Showin' off in the wrong 'hood.
    Quote Originally Posted by Espe View Post
    I have, unfortunately, interacted with Randec on these forums before. I know what to expect from him.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Eugenik View Post
    Great justification for assaulting a woman... You need a supreme court seat good sir!
    What he meant is that you shouldn't be surprised you will get assaulted if you start filming in a bar full of drunk people who do not want to be filmed. Not that what they did was correct, you fucking retard.

Imo she asked for it.