View Poll Results: How do you feel about MoP as it comes to a close? Was your experience...

Voters
401. This poll is closed
  • Positive

258 64.34%
  • Negative

88 21.95%
  • Indifferent

45 11.22%
  • Other (explain below)

10 2.49%
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Deleted
    Was skeptical at first, after playing it up till the second raid tier I got bored, but that happens all the time with WoW. Came back recently to finish off and see the extra content. Ending was a bit cheesy but I liked it. Roll on WoD so I can rinse and repeat.

10+ Year Old Account
    Pandaria itself was beautiful upon release. Captivating physically, gorgeous music, well-designed quest system that reminded me of Wrath era, less kiddy humor and pop culture references. I liked the Asia theme 'cause it was a breath of fresh air in comparison to past themes. I liked having no flying til 90 (not a fan of flying).

Buuut... as the expansion wore on and the focus more clearly shifted to Alliance versus Horde, I found my interest drop considerably. It began to feel less like Pandaria and just more of the same old story-wise plopped on to a new background. By the time Siege of Orgrimmar came out, I'd lost all passion. u_u
    I knew it was inevitable that the story would turn out this way due to Cataclysm set-up, but I can't help but daydream about what coulda been had Cataclysm gone a slightly different direction that would've allowed for Pandaria to be more about, ya know, Pandaria.

Disappointed in lack of attention given to dungeons 'cause I've always been a dungeoneer at heart. I find scenarios to be boring, so I didn't do much of those. I did and do enjoy LFR, though! I don't care about the lack of prestige, I really just like being able to see the raid itself a few times (the physical design, boss design, boss voices, etc) without dedicating much to it and LFR gives me that.

I actually didn't mind the dailies? Haha. I enjoyed Golden Lotus, Klaxxi, Pagle, Tillers, August Celestials. The ones I didn't like, I just didn't do (such as Kirin Tor Offensive and Operation: Shieldwall). I liked that there was story thrown in with the dailies - like, the little lore quest every now and then that might change up the zone a little and give you more story info. Golden Lotus was especially good with this. Even the normal quests themselves were engaging due to the mobs usually having higher HP and specials to watch out for. Nice. *thumbs up*

Zone design was really awesome this time around! Dread Wastes, Kun-Lai, Jade Forest, and Krasarang Wilds were flawless and I didn't/don't have any feelings of dislike for any of the zones open upon release.
    Permanently changing Vale of Eternal Blossoms was a risky move and I'm glad they went through with it. It made the world feel more alive and like a story actually -was- happening, even if it was a story I didn't care for. I'd like more of that in the future.

All the little optional things to do like Brawlers Guild, pet battles, daily fishing spots, abundance of rares and trinkets to go after, etc was well thought out and helped broaden WoW's appeal to me.

My feeling as Pandaria closes is mixed. Which is good, actually. I came out of Wrath bursting with positivity, Cataclysm feeling pretty negative, so this is a step up. There was so much to like about Pandaria, but the story disintegration and lack of dungeons were hard hitters for me that I can't ignore.

10+ Year Old Account
    Their best expansion since Wrath in terms of storytelling, questing and level design, maybe not as good overall but still tremendous fun, so much new lore. I loved the Mogu and the Pandarens as well as learning about the Sha and the Celestials. While I wasn't won over by the raids this expansion I still found them passable.

Overall a good expansion, miles better than Cataclysm and its good to see I am not the only one that thinks, so.
    I love Warcraft, I dislike WoW

Unsubbed since January 2021, now a Warcraft fan from a distance

The visual style of Pandaria was to much the same (chinese).
    Only decent raid was SoO.
    Monk class is the worst class in the game.
    Pandaren are fine but need less peace loving and more balls.

Taran Zhu is a punk cunt who talks shit about our "nature" when he's clearly not in control of himself.
    Many pandaren waifu's were had.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aydinx2
    People who don't buy the deluxe edition should be permanently banned. I'm sick of playing with poor people.

Since I enjoy exploring, I love this expansion. The continent of Pandaria was absolutely lush and beautiful, and beat out Northrend by a slim margin.

I don't understand how anyone couldn't have enjoyed this expansion. IMO, it was the best one yet.

Deleted
    Pandaria had no existing lore. I don't care if you try tell me "pandas were in warcraft one" or some sort of comic book. I'm not a massive nerd I only follow forums patch notes and what's in game.

To me, it was completely alien and irrelevant. We were fighting over "resources?" (bitch gimme your flowers and rocks) for no apparent reason. There was no danger, no threat, no nothing.

I played burning crusade onwards, regrettably not vanilla. However to me saying you played during tbc now qualifies as being a long term player. Outlands felt dangerous, it felt real, it was exiting, the whole world had different feelings throughout each zone. With the exception of the west side of hellfire peninsula and the northern areas of outland, that whole place was pretty damn well done. I loved zangermarsh, nagrand, terrokar forest and shadowmoon valley (in that order) and enjoyed everything in those areas.

I liked too that you could go to shattarath as a lowbie then get your ass kicked if you stepped outside. That made the whole place feel dangerous, outlands was a challenge and something to work up to.

I liked wotlk too. Brilliant expansion in my opinion. Not just rose tinted goggles, I loved naxx (never got the chance to do naxx 40, but I wanted to do it during tbc) although it was a little underwhelming, it is my favourite raid. Extremely immersive environment, feels epic and relevant. Very taboo, grim, cults, gore, screams ect like a medieval game should be. The freaking bosses are made from the flesh of children and women ffs (thadius) and they would never do that nowadays. The whole thing just felt a lot more relatable than elementals and magic dragons, it felt more like you were raiding a concentration camp than a zoo.

The lich king and northerend felt legendary to explore. I actually wanted to explore them. They felt relevant.

Cataclysm didn't offer anything to explore. Blizz admit that was a failure, and this guy just kind of appeared from nowhere, set fire to everything, and fucked off for 3 patches until he was like lolbtw im a human sometimes.

Mop offered somewhere to explore, but somewhere I didn't care about. At all. I didn't play cata or mop because they failed to hold my attention and im sure 40% of the 12 million during the wotlk peak agree. because they've since left the game.

Mop tried to slow everything down. The gear gaps became massive. fights were everlasting 1v1, reforging and transmodification destroyed the reward of getting new items. The game slowly became a spreadsheet as inflation blew numbers out of proportion beyond recognition. Raid finder meant you could run through an instance within an hour, destroying any exploration and trivialising the encounters, almost as if you had cheat modes enabled.

Number inflation meant you were just staring at item levels to see if something was an upgrade, no items felt epic in their own right. No one ogled a certain weapon or armour piece either. The only difference was the word "heroic" and some bigger numbers, the "feel" of the item itself was exactly the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Murdeh View Post
    Pandaria had no existing lore. I don't care if you try tell me "pandas were in warcraft one" or some sort of comic book. I'm not a massive nerd I only follow forums patch notes and what's in game.

To me, it was completely alien and irrelevant. We were fighting over "resources?" (bitch gimme your flowers and rocks) for no apparent reason. There was no danger, no threat, no nothing.
    SNIP...

Mop offered somewhere to explore, but somewhere I didn't care about. At all. I didn't play cata or mop because they failed to hold my attention and im sure 40% of the 12 million during the wotlk peak agree. because they've since left the game.

Mop tried to slow everything down. The gear gaps became massive. fights were everlasting 1v1, reforging and transmodification destroyed the reward of getting new items. The game slowly became a spreadsheet as inflation blew numbers out of proportion beyond recognition. Raid finder meant you could run through an instance within an hour, destroying any exploration and trivialising the encounters, almost as if you had cheat modes enabled.

Number inflation meant you were just staring at item levels to see if something was an upgrade, no items felt epic in their own right. No one ogled a certain weapon or armour piece either. The only difference was the word "heroic" and some bigger numbers, the "feel" of the item itself was exactly the same.
    Couldn't have said it better myself.

MoP started as an expansion that made me thing WTF is blizzard doing? It also ended on that same very note.

Along with everything Murdeh said, MoP was a trudge through a small corner of some guys mind that got lucky enough to convince the people at WOW to push his napkin drawing for his kids into the game.

Everything Pandaria should have been nothing more than the Tuskarr for the expansion pack, not the entire focus. A nice little side show and quickly forgotten.
    Last edited by quras; 2014-03-04 at 02:48 PM.

Deleted
    Overall I'm pleased with MoP.

The theme and story was not up my alley. However the systems, mechanics and features have been excellent. With WoD being a return to more of a 'WoW' feel rather than asian I have super high hopes.

Quote Originally Posted by Murdeh View Post
    Pandaria had no existing lore.
    Even though I enjoyed MoP, this is kind of a big issue. They have a good bit of existing unfinished lore that I'm sure more people would much rather play. I don't care about the Shas or Lei Shen. They were cool raid wise but IMO it is fairly important to have recognizable end bosses.

Cata had Cho'Gall/Sinestra, Nefarian, Al'Akir, Ragnaros, and Deathwing. Most, if not all, of those are recognizable. Too bad the rest of the expansion sucked, though.
    WoTLK had LK, Anub'Arak, Yogg, KT, Sarth, and Malygos. All but Sarth are easily recognizable. You might not think Yogg was, but we spent a good amount of questing through the east side of Northrend experiencing his effect.
    BC has countless amount of bosses/NPCs from Warcraft 2-3 and their expansions. Kael, Illidan, Kil Jaeden, Mag, were all big parts of the RTS games.

Then you have Pandaria. I'm not a huge lore nerd, but I really didn't care for most of the story.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    I liked the expansion
    I liked the story, although it seemed that the pandas themselves were pushed to the side.
    I liked the expansion enough to actually be feeling burnout for the first time in 9 years. So I will soon be going on a break while waiting for WoD.
    I wish there was more improvements to proffesions but what we have gotten so far is ok.
    I think the monk class works very well, although I still cant get used to how monk healing works.
    This is not a symptom of the expansion itself but rather a fault from Blizzcon, but knowing that Garrosh gets away after/during the trial made me feel like the expansion hasn't actually ended. It's like watching a Law and Order episode and seeing them convict the suspect with 20min left in the show, you know SOMETHING is gonna happen/come up but you dont know exactly what until it does. With how it is now, they told us the ending with too much time left before the show is done. We even know HOW he gets away, and who helps him. They killed the suspense.

10+ Year Old Account
    best expansion so far... although it was not very Alt-friendly in my opinion, at least compared to Wrath and Cata (cata being deeply flawed but VERY alt friendly)

When someone asks you if you're a god, YOU SAY 'YES'!

For me

I would say in terms of the way content was presented/story told and game mechanics mops the best so far.

Pros:
    Presentation - most zones were very well done and had great visuals
    Story - Lore was brilliant lots of great stories and the way you interacted with lorewalker cho telling YOUR story at the end of the legendary quest line loved it.
    LFR/Flex - raiding in general went in the right direction when SoO came out plenty of choice for the players in WoD it appears we are in for a treat.
    Scenarios - I thought they would suck but they ended up being a good bit of fun and easy way of getting VP. Heroic versions I only done one or two and it was fun.
    One of my all time favorite dungeons Gate of the setting sun - I love the theme of defending the walls from the invasion and the whole look of the dungeon was awesome.
    Pandas - I enjoyed them it was a breath of fresh air no more DOOM n fucking gloom we've had for 2 expansions in a row (TBC was a bit of an invasion but ended up being more of an exploration and beating up a fairly minor threat in sillydin before KJ almost wrecked us. Their theme was more of a self exploration and the whole theme on pandaria was more about exploring the place and settling problems. We do screw things up and set them right prior to 5.1 invasion.
    Pet battles - Rather enjoyed them to be honest. Nice little diversion.
    Legendary quest line - Awesome! Wrathion was a great anti hero/semi villain

Cons -
    Not enough dungeons
    Daily grinds - Daily quests sucked in 5.0

I wish they had done more with Huggalon the Heart Watcher.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

All around, a very solid expansion.

I quit the game during Cataclysm, July 2011. Came back two months after MOP came out. At first I thought MOP would be stupid. I mean Pandas, asian themes? And at first I wasn't really impressed. But it really has been a very good expansion. The story starts off a little weak but gets quite good, and the endgame has been pretty good. Leveling was a bit grindier/not as fun, but overall I'd rate this expansion a B or B+. Not as good as BC, a notch below WOTLK, but way better than Cata.

15+ Year Old Account
    Raid encounters were good. Everything else (gameplay changes, lore, aesthetics, "content") in MoP was a big pile of ****. Even Cata was better and that wasn't a pinnacle of perfection either.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhamses View Post
    I don't understand how anyone couldn't have enjoyed this expansion. IMO, it was the best one yet.
    Visually, it was stunning. But, as someone who is not a fan of Asian decor, I found it difficult to handle at times.

My second favorite expansion so far behind BC. I liked the unified look of the continent, and the updated graphics. I liked how Pandas were a break from WoW's cheesy attempts at being dark and ~*tragic past*~ and there was no Metzen screaming to Metzen while Metzen narrates how you kill the boss. I also liked the class updates and even though SoO is a bit dull, I think it has had the most overall unified and strong raiding tiers so far.

So to sum it up:

Good:
    -pandas are not my thing,but their lore is fleshed out and they are well designed. Works for me!
    -strong overall raiding. Even good past patches were often followed up by "clunker" raids. (Example, the greatness of uld quickly followed up by toc... Ugh) I think all of the raiding tiers were strong this time around.
    -on that note, flex is amazing and feels far more like "real" raiding than lfr.
    -gorgeous zones. Cata and LK both had some zones that were gloomy and depressing, and I just subconsciously seem to like running around in open fields and jungles more.
    - the sheer amount of stuff to do has kept me more entertained throughout the entire expansion than any other so far.

Bad:
    -panda design is a bit fat and cutesy for my taste. I would've preferred more like the old school Chen drawings.
    -5.0's dailies dailies dailies dailies dailies
    -the legendary quest line had quite a few parts that felt more like subscription-lengthening filler than epic challenges, though they are on the right track.
    -valor was tough to get early in, which combined with the daily overload really burned me out.

Overall, I'd give it an A-.

BC: A+
    Pandaria: A-
    Cata: B
    LK: C

Liked the expansion at first but kinda grew to dislike it over time. Main reason I disliked it were the changes to my warlock, the overall changes were good but playing it in raids just became too much micromanaging and staring at addons which took a lot of the enjoyment away for me. I think a lot of that's going away in WoD which I'm excited about but I've played warlock since release as my main and this expansion was the first that made me not care for it as much anymore. I also really disliked the Asian theme the expansion had and felt like the story wasn't really all that interesting until SoO when it kind of came to a culmination of sorts.

I'm also meh on the new talent system. I think the talents themselves are interesting but I wish there were more talents and I wish they still had some type of talent trees like the old ones maybe without having new abilities or spells located in them. Overall I just left this one feeling disappointed but I recognize there was some good content and some good changes made.. maybe they just don't appeal to me though.

10+ Year Old Account
    Got bored very quickly of the oriental theme, it was too much, a whole expac of it just wore me down. Combine that with the rep grind at the start, the 'compulsory' lesser charm grind, the bloated raid tier, the farmville grind and you had yourself a really terrible start to an expansion. I felt it got better as the expansion went along. I think the changes made to raiding will really help and hopefully they wont make a mistake with the first bit of content.

Oh and the Legendary quest was shit, one of the shittest thing's ive done to achieve an award. LFR was also turgid.

Its all balanced out because I really liked Flexi, I really like scenarios (ye gods) and I really like pet battles.

Overall MoP was good.