10+ Year Old Account

Post Getting back into raiding, HELP!

Alright so I haven't raided regularly in a guild since WoTLK. Heck I haven't even done a Normal or higher raid since Cata. I want to get back into raiding with a guild regularly, but I'm having such an issue gearing. I'm currently playing an Arms warrior at around 504 iLvl and just doing LFR but I'm only getting like 1 or 2 items a week. I have a crap 463 weapon which hurts my dps pretty bad (I cannot get a weapon to drop for the life of me! >.<). How do people make the jump from LFR to Flex when the Flex groups usually want around 535-540 iLvl? Are there any guilds left that accept people for being exceptional players rather than just uber gear? I play on US-Illidan so there's lots of guild opportunities...

Find groups that are willing to accept lower geared players like yourself. You may have to make some contacts to do this.

Spam your nuts off in BG's to get the 7250 honour that gets you weaps. The weaps will be 522, not sure how they are itemised for arms but they have to be better than 463 ones :P
    Try to get the crafted legs / belt if they aren't too expensive. Do the celestials and ordos weekly.
    Theres a couple of guaranteed burdens of eternity on the timeless isle. The first in a chest in the bit you need the cloak for (phone a friend!), the second for killing a rare when you get to honoured? with emperor whats his face. You can use both of these to upgrade a 496 piece to a 535 one.

That should be the fast track to a higher item level (well, its somewhat grindy)

The exceptional player / no gear thing is something you need to sell yourself at. Look at who is recruiting and convince them.

After coming back in about December and now running a guild that clears Flex just about every week, here is what I've got for you.

-Timeless Isle is your friend. you can farm a full 535 set here. Kill the rare mobs until you get so many Burden of Eternitys that you can no longer use them.
    -Farm 10k Timeless coins. You can get a 489 weapon. It isnt the greatest, but it is something.
    -Find the NPC in your Vale of Eternal Blossoms Capital. Trade in 50 Lesser Charms for Warforged seals. These are bonus rolls. Find which boss drops weapons (Sha/Nazgrim/Thok/Garrosh If I remember correctly) and use your roll there for the weapon. This will be the biggest upgrade you can get.
    -Start your legendary questline now. Every little bit of time helps for it.
    -Heroic Scenarios can give you some 516 gear, and LFR ToT can give 502 gear to fill in some spots.
    -Find a Blacksmith/farm gold. You can get two pieces of 553 gear (belt/legs)
    -Kill celestials each week for a shot at tier gloves and legs.

I too am on Illidan. I know how it can be for pugs. We require a 520 for our flex runs which is really all you need to clear.

Pay for a flex, normal or heroic clear if you are lazy and rich :P

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Blueeagle View Post
    After coming back in about December and now running a guild that clears Flex just about every week, here is what I've got for you.

-Timeless Isle is your friend. you can farm a full 535 set here. Kill the rare mobs until you get so many Burden of Eternitys that you can no longer use them.
    -Farm 10k Timeless coins. You can get a 489 weapon. It isnt the greatest, but it is something.
    -Find the NPC in your Vale of Eternal Blossoms Capital. Trade in 50 Lesser Charms for Warforged seals. These are bonus rolls. Find which boss drops weapons (Sha/Nazgrim/Thok/Garrosh If I remember correctly) and use your roll there for the weapon. This will be the biggest upgrade you can get.
    -Start your legendary questline now. Every little bit of time helps for it.
    -Heroic Scenarios can give you some 516 gear, and LFR ToT can give 502 gear to fill in some spots.
    -Find a Blacksmith/farm gold. You can get two pieces of 553 gear (belt/legs)
    -Kill celestials each week for a shot at tier gloves and legs.

I too am on Illidan. I know how it can be for pugs. We require a 520 for our flex runs which is really all you need to clear.
    Is it really still worth it to do the Legendary questline seeing that the Xpac is almost over?

There are some who hold the opinion that the cloak will still be valid well after the expansion begins.

With respect to killing rares and obtaining burdens a bit faster, consider farming out some Windfeather Plumes for fast mount riding to chase rares. Use rare coordinate finder or similar software to tell when they are up and where. tomtom or your favorite for way points. Also don't forget to use golden glider to fly around island searching for rares. That can be faster than mounted riding and is needed for garnia iirc. They are so cheap that they half way pay for themselves with the looted coins off the rares.

Find a decent rep group for shaoshao. I believe it is at honored where you take that third burden (first two are in chests immediately IIRC. One simple to get from ordos sanctuary (No cloak needed for any player) and another from main Yaungol rep area when you first go in).
    Last edited by coldcaster; 2014-03-03 at 04:19 AM. Reason: Corrected a set of grammar errors

Quote Originally Posted by Khaze41 View Post
    Is it really still worth it to do the Legendary questline seeing that the Xpac is almost over?
    Very much so

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Khaze41 View Post
    god yes, if you want to become a regular raider you NEED to have the cloak and meta. if you don't even want to get those i suggest you unsub till WOD. you won't find many guild wanting to openly recruit someone who doesn't want to get a 10% dps increase.

Deleted
    Try forming your own parties for normal/heroic Throne of Thunder for some loot, check OQ or Open-Raid too. See if your guild is running any alt raids or flex runs they can take you to.. if not, organise it yourself.

Blizzard fucked up with adding LFR.

Good luck doing anything but LFR unless you have 9+ friends.