Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Which spec for klaxxi 10 HC?

While the obvious choice would seem to be destro, the buff recieved from one of the paragons (name escapes me) that provides healing based on damage would allow affliction more of a reason to multidot.

Am I being shortsighted here?

Any opinions?

Also any general warlock tips going into progress tonight (as destro or aff)

Just use the Skeer with DS because it will spawn orbs from the extra ticks through MG. Stop multidotting its pointless.

Both Destro and Affli are good. Go for whatever you're more comfortable playing.

Deleted
    I haven't started multidotting Destrois my MS so I'll play that

The healing balls are only useful during lines, everything else pretty much 1 shots so healing won't save you.

Don't multidot.

Deleted
    The orbs don't need to heal that much so it doesn't matter which dps class or spec picks up the buff. We mostly use them to help out during lines and after the later Aims that put 3+ people at half health. Healers do most of the work but grabbing balls just helps smooth things out.

I personally prefer Destro, but Aff can work just as well I'd say. Multidotting is useless for the most part aside when Korven is up and you need to bait the Amber block on another paragorn. I do drop occasional Immolates on non-target bosses and Havoc Conflags and Incinerates for additional Ember generation, something that would be pointless for Aff.

Quote Originally Posted by Tehterokkar View Post
    The healing balls are only useful during lines, everything else pretty much 1 shots so healing won't save you.
    Eating a shared aim, getting a tick from Hurl, a ball from AE, parasite eating.. there is plenty of small bits of damage going around.

The fight is about staying alive, standing in the right position and burst on demand.
    Destro or Demo depending on raid setup.

go destro. Keep rain of fire down and enjoy the extra embers. Havoc w/ inc or conflag on an off target for more embers. Don't multidot cuz that won't give a single target benefit.
    Streaming high end lock, mage and warrior play in 1080p.http://www.twitch.tv/yoloswagins

Quote Originally Posted by yoloswagginz View Post
    go destro. Keep rain of fire down and enjoy the extra embers. Havoc w/ inc or conflag on an off target for more embers. Don't multidot cuz that won't give a single target benefit.
    Why ppl saying that?
    Multidot it's optimal to improve your single target dmg.

More embers = more CBs.

YES MY FRIEND, MULTIDOT EVERYTHING, keep ROF rolling up like a boss and CHAOS BOLT like a truck.

GG win.

This is not the case for affliction. Shadow Trance can only trigger on the most recently applied corruption.

Quote Originally Posted by Harsesis View Post
    This is not the case for affliction. Shadow Trance can only trigger on the most recently applied corruption.
    Yes I know but the guys that I quoted posted about Destro.

Deleted
    If you want to cheese meters then aff multi dotting will be best. Otherwise go demo or maybe destro.

Deleted
    Maybe Destro?

Quote Originally Posted by ItcheeBeard View Post
    provides healing based on damage would allow affliction more of a reason to multidot.
    Pmsl, Warlocks honestly.

Quote Originally Posted by JV Chequer View Post
    Why ppl saying that?

More embers = more CBs.

YES MY FRIEND, MULTIDOT EVERYTHING, keep ROF rolling up like a boss and CHAOS BOLT like a truck.

GG win.
    It isn't worth spending all the time immolating that's just padding
    Streaming high end lock, mage and warrior play in 1080p.http://www.twitch.tv/yoloswagins

Anytime you can spend Immolating when you would otherwise cast an Incinerate sure as hell isn't padding.

Quote Originally Posted by yoloswagginz View Post
    It isn't worth spending all the time immolating that's just padding
    No, it's not, are u completly wrong, mainly if u cast immolate mainly with 4tp buffs.

The amount of Chaos Bolt u will gain doing this will be surely a DPS Increase at single target.

1 immolate generates .2 of an ember on average (8 ticks * .26 crit = 2.08). you're telling me its a single target increase to cast 5 immolates that deal no useful dmg for one CB or SB? The only time i'd see it worth casting is with FnB is there are a lot of parasites stacked up together. in which case u would probably already be loaded up on embers with RoF.
    Last edited by yoloswagginz; 2014-03-08 at 08:14 AM.

Deleted
    You forgot the 15% crit from 4 set.

RoF is a pretty safe option for times when 2-3 bosses and/or some parasites are stacked up. Havoc is good for ember builders, is complete cheese/waste when used on ember spenders. Ember tap is also extremely valuable during progression since it can save your life in so many ways. I used dark bargain for emergency solo soaks, sacc'd VW, destro-gosac as my standard. F&B is never used. Don't glyph havoc. Rest is just eyes up and on demand burst so save your embers/cd's vs just blowing them on CD.