Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by madassa648 View Post
    I'm sure your one subscription will be missed.

[Blizzard] See you when we launch a patch or a few weeks after the game comes out. Lots of love.
    You don't really have a mind for business when you think that not every sub is important.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Fiddlesnarf View Post
    That seriously happened? Wow. Scumbag Blizzard.
    They got beta, so they didn't really didn't break the deal.

Cancel your subscription and stop double funding Blizz (i.e. your $15 a month is mostly being used to fund creation of a new expansion that you then have to pay $40+ to play). The second my $15 a month stops being used for current content I cancel sub. I will probably buy the next xpac and enjoy it, because I am going to use the $ I saved over the months before.

And yest some of the $15 is for customer service and maintenance.... some.... but I don't find the 3+ day waiting period and realm restarts worth any of that $15. If enough people stop playing until the next Xpac maybe Blizz will do something, but that won't happen, so i just chose to save my money and enjoy other games in the mean time.

10+ Year Old Account
    Eh. I just wish Blizzard was more honest with themselves. It's fine to take 22-24 months to deliver an expansion... if you create enough content. The problem is that they keep creating 15-18 months worth of content. The first year has a lot to do and sees almost all of the raid tiers drop... the second year, almost nothing. Personally, I don't care - it's not my product and I'm not responsible for the business. But I really do wonder about the tools they use and whether those hold them back.

I hope the game has another year without content. It would be interesting to read what the apologists would come up with.

Either way, I don't care when it comes out.

Quote Originally Posted by enchanted View Post
    After reading all the tweets and the comments devs are making, they are making WoD release way later than June or summer. Even when asked at Blizzcon, they said that their aim is before winter which means that it could be in autumn (as far as Sept or Oct).

Let's get realistic, even if beta was to launch today, there's no way they'd make a 3 month beta for an expansion (heck even raids need nearly 2 months to test them fully) so that makes WoD atleast to be launched in July if not August. And with the comments on class changes? Maybe September which concludes a full year of siege without any new PvE content or new content in general, leaving the ones not in the beta be completely bored and burned out.

Way further ahead in development than MoP? What a blatant lie... You people need to calm down pressing F5 all the time for beta/pre-orders since all what the devs are doing is just grabbing our attention and building hype for the game. So what do you think, will we face another full year without any new content?
    This is probably true. There are TONS of other games out there, go play them.

Well with the newly released PVP season, people were saying they last around 26 weeks per season (think some were 24), but that's still just under 6 months. So we're looking around July onwards for a release of WOD. I see it more of a September release myself. Won't do well with it being during summer when everyone is on family holidays etc. You'd loose a massive chance to get a lot of day one sales and subscribers.

I for one wouldn't want a summer release, don't want to loose my chance of being active in the sun for a video game.

Quote Originally Posted by Sarac View Post

My god. What will people not defend blizzard for?
    Chronomancer Club

Quote Originally Posted by Sarac View Post
    People paid to get into the beta then some only got a few days worth of beta access is an extremely scummy move.

Quote Originally Posted by Kosic View Post

I for one wouldn't want a summer release, don't want to loose my chance of being active in the sun for a video game.
    Then go outside and don't play the game. Not hard.

People paid to get into the beta then some only got a few days worth of beta access is an extremely scummy move.

Then go outside and don't play the game. Not hard.
    They act like every day in the summer they will be busy. The fact that they are even commenting on a forum post on a wow website shows that they have time on their hands.
    Chronomancer Club

you can always play dota2 :P

http://wow.joystiq.com/2012/04/19/40...ites-sent-out/

Mop beta began March 21, 2012, with the last wave of beta invites going out less than a month later. AP signup ended at the end of April: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/4662897371. There was no one who only got "a few days worth of beta", beta had lasted until the September 25 expansion release date.

There's a ton to be critical about in regards to Blizzard, but please. The AP is not one of those things.

Only an idiot looks at it that way. It wasn't paying extra. Commit to a year of paying the same monthly fee you'd be paying anyway, get D3 for free, MoP beta access, and a mount for WoW. It was a pretty good deal.

Later than August would be a huge mistake for Blizzard and would cost them way too many subs.

Deleted
    Best case scenario: beta starts next week.
    Beta must last at LEAST 3 months to tune everything properly. And there was NO friends and family access yet.
    March + 3 months = june.
    Summer is gonna start.
    Who is their right mind would release such a big marketing product in the summer?

Earliest possible release: End of August
    I'd say September is a better choice.

If you're over 12 and not retarded, you realize that this is completely logical and will most likely be true.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by nyc81991 View Post
    Later than August would be a huge mistake for Blizzard and would cost them way too many subs.
    No it wouldnt. The only people saying that are players who simply are too impatient to wait. Everyone else couldnt care less as long as it worked.

Quote Originally Posted by Djouga View Post
    Beta must last at LEAST 3 months to tune everything properly. And there was NO friends and family access yet.
    March + 3 months = june.
    Summer is gonna start.
    Who is their right mind would release such a big marketing product in the summer?

If you're over 12 and not retarded, you realize that this is completely logical and will most likely be true.
    StarCraft 2 came out in July back in the day and had a shit ton of streamers and viewers, from release to way into September.
    It seems your view of WoW players exist of fashion aware 20+ year olds who lay at the beach 12 hours a day with their girlfriends and then hit the clubs at 11pm between July and September.

The summer cliché is outdated , proven by past summer releases of other games and the fact that in a 7 million playerbase and a game like WoW you are bound to have a big slice of underaged kids and people who get emerged in a game for a week straight without going outside.

Summer might be a ''logical'' point but September is equally as bad for their sub machine, I wonder how dumb they think the playerbase is to swallow another '' 1 year long raid '' for the 3th time in a row.

Fact of the matter is they made a mess of things by saying at Blizzcon that they wanted faster expansions and that there will be no 5.5 patch to put all the work into WoD and then when it's 4 months after Blizzcon everything points to September once again.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by madassa648 View Post
    I'm sure your one subscription will be missed.

[Blizzard] See you when we launch a patch or a few weeks after the game comes out. Lots of love.
    Tell that to the millions and millions of subscriptions that've already been out. You'll miss it if this expac bombs because of the content lull, and they continue to leave in droves.

Quote Originally Posted by VoodooGaming View Post
    As if that statement actually means anything.

You'll buy Warlords of Draenor like everyone else will, play that for several months, probably get bored, unsubscribe, whine on the forums and then return with everyone else with every major patch.

It's nothing unique, a lot of people do it...
    You have waaaaay too much faith in the playerbase. This game's been hemorrhaging subscriptions since Cataclysm, so it kinds of invalidates that argument.

Quote Originally Posted by enchanted View Post
    After reading all the tweets and the comments devs are making, they are making WoD release way later than June or summer. Even when asked at Blizzcon, they said that their aim is before winter which means that it could be in autumn (as far as Sept or Oct).
    Stopped reading after this. They said their aim was for spring. Meaning anytime before June 21st.

The entitlement is strong.
    No content? How about questing lvl 1 to 90, arena's, battlegrounds, raids, dungeons, world bosses, world PvP, RP'ing. Is that not content?
    It's like you cry if you didn't see a new shiny for over 1 month.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aydinx2
    People who don't buy the deluxe edition should be permanently banned. I'm sick of playing with poor people.

Quote Originally Posted by Djouga View Post
    March + 3 months = june.
    Summer is gonna start.

You mean when kids get out of school and college for 3 months? Yeah, who would do that?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Aydinx2 View Post
    The entitlement is strong.
    No content? How about questing lvl 1 to 90, arena's, battlegrounds, raids, dungeons, world bosses, world PvP, RP'ing. Is that not content?
    It's like you cry if you didn't see a new shiny for over 1 month.
    Dumb comment. You're making the assumption that everybody hasn't already leveled multiple toons from 1-90 already. Or that World PvP even exists. Or that people want to RP. Or that people aren't sick of doing BGs or arenas at this level. Or that people haven't already cleared all raid bosses, dungeons, and world bosses. I'm surprised you didn't throw daily quests in there. Or scenarios. As if the majority of the content you've just talked about isn't nearly 2 years old.