Deleted

Survival two target focus dump

Something I've never really been 100% on, when dpsing two targets (e.g. dark shamans after wolves die) should you swap AS for MS or keep using AS and simply maintain SS on the off target? Also if keeping SS on another target should you swap target and SS or just multi shot?

I think the best option would be to use MS to keep SS up, then use AS, preferably the guy with debuffs.

10+ Year Old Account
    switch to multi shot as your dump

Quote Originally Posted by Kissthebaby View Post
    switch to multi shot as your dump
    neeehhhhhh... It's only beneficial to MS every 13-15 seconds to keep up SrS, otherwise AS. After 3 targets though MS becomes better slightly.

For BM, 2 targets(main+random mob) is enough for Beast Cleave to be better than Arcane shot though, so basically hitting only 1 mob with Beast Cleave is better than AS. Thought it is fairly difficult to have 100% uptime on Beast Cleave for 2 target cleave if using KC/GT on CD without haste buffs, it's doable to reach +85% uptime, but not really much more until you can use Focus Fire/Rapid Fire.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tehterokkar View Post
    neeehhhhhh... It's only beneficial to MS every 13-15 seconds to keep up SrS, otherwise AS. After 3 targets though MS becomes better slightly.

For BM, 2 targets(main+random mob) is enough for Beast Cleave to be better than Arcane shot though, so basically hitting only 1 mob with Beast Cleave is better than AS. Thought it is fairly difficult to have 100% uptime on Beast Cleave for 2 target cleave if using KC/GT on CD without haste buffs, it's doable to reach +85% uptime, but not really much more until you can use Focus Fire/Rapid Fire.
    top parse for shamans not cheesed. look at the damage break down. http://worldoflogs.com/reports/kigo6...18&e=3477#Yooz

also another high parse. used arcane shot once the w hole fight. http://worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-hf...?s=4180&e=4397

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tehterokkar View Post
    According to my own (and others) logs MS (improved serpent sting + the multishot dmg) on 2 targets does more than an average arcane shot and therefore a gain (despite being a little bit more costly). However I'd only switch to MS as focus dump on 2 targets if I was running thrill of the hunt as I feel 40 focus consistently is a bit much.

On 3 targets definitely dump with MS. On 4 or more targets MS (with thrill at least) spam seems to be higher dps than an "actual rotation" but I'm not a fan of that in SoO as those fights have "priority targets" if you are doing tactics correctly.