Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    Speak for yourself. That enhances the purpose of AV, in my mind.
    Then I will restate my original opinion. Any person that enjoys actual pvp in wow will blacklist AV. It isnt even pvp in AV when the game is extended; its aoe and tunnel random people. The most basic and least skillful version of pvp the game has to offer. Its not like world pvp with the randomness and team-play; its just masses of people tab targeting each other.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gandrake View Post
    I like how when people complain about getting killed by kill shot which can have a 43 yard range, no resource cost, and can be used again if it doesn't kill and everyone says WELL, HEY, YOU KNOW, IT IS CALLED KILL SHOT
    but when a warrior does it, clearly the ability's name is "useless wet noodle piece of shit strike with an exorbitant rage cost that should do the same damage as MS"

I have a sample size of 1000's for most BG's.

from around 1800 combined IOC and AV battles, I've won a little over 1/4 of them as Horde.

Other BG's are closer to 50/50 with horde narrowly edging some like AB and WSG by about 55% to 45%.

Here's actual data on BG win rates for people interested in reality and not just talking out their ass based on limited personal experience:

http://www.mmo-champion.com/content/...Tweets-DLC-424

Win rates outside AV/IoC are something like 60-40 in favour of Horde, whereas AV and IoC are 80-20 or more in favour of Alliance.

Pre-blacklisting the rates were close to 50-50 across all BGs.

Quote Originally Posted by Demsi View Post
    It is quite weird, back in wrath when i started i had like a 50% ratio, but ever since cata the horde has dominated every bg, besides AV and IOC
    Yes I had roughly 50% win rates on all BGs back then as well and BG stats at the time confirmed it. There was a slight advantage to Alliance in AV IIRC, but nothing serious.

The change was caused by the introduction of blacklisting. Because of the (false) perception that Alliance have an advantage in AV and IoC the vast majority of Horde players who know anything about PVP blacklist them. Conversely smart Alliance players never blacklist them. This means that on average the skill level of Alliance players in those BGs is far higher than Horde - which means Alliance mostly win, which contributes to the perception that the Alliance have an actual advantage there and more Horde players blacklist them. Negative feedback loop.

Similarly the non-AV and IoC BGs have marginally higher skill level towards Horde side therefore a higher Horde win rate.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Koala View Post
    ah every single time ive played i never saw one ally jump the fence.. this change wont help horde at all
    You realize that's not the only AV change that was made, right?

You know what the best way for alliance to get honor gear? Do heroics. Yes I'm serious. The fastest way for alliance to get honor pvp gear, without it being AV weekend, is to do heroics and convert. It's way faster even with the loss on converting. My win rate is abysmal as alliance, the truth is. The few good alliance didn't boycott randoms, they went horde. Like everyone else. I've know a lot of high end horde pvpers that faction swapped for que times. They said the que times wasn't worth this and switched back to horde. They said they'd much rather sit in queue for 25 mins then be alliance. The rate was horrid and people were bad, and horde was just way too dominant.

Partying in Valhalla
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by edmorte View Post
    The real question is: Why do you keep playing this garbage pvp?

Where epix ppl kill green ppl... why? why? why?
    An uneloquent summation of why I don't PvP in WoW. Gear-based PvP is... ugh. Maybe if I ever managed to bear through weeks of getting stomped, and finally got a good set of gear to be on par with the rest, I'd enjoy it. But I just can't bring myself to do it.

Quote Originally Posted by Annoying View Post
    An uneloquent summation of why I don't PvP in WoW. Gear-based PvP is... ugh. Maybe if I ever managed to bear through weeks of getting stomped, and finally got a good set of gear to be on par with the rest, I'd enjoy it. But I just can't bring myself to do it.
    My lock got geared from blues to grievous in about a week without even playing much. Go in with friends, kill the rares every day, buy the % increased honor guild flags and and know when to use them. Now with the bg honor change I am getting way more honor and will be able to gear even faster. Even when undergeared you can contribute alot if you know what you're doing. My locks dots were ticking for like 500 when I started so instead I took it upon myself to be a cc bot in battles, peeling my healers and cc'ing theres. Does alot more than you think.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gandrake View Post
    I like how when people complain about getting killed by kill shot which can have a 43 yard range, no resource cost, and can be used again if it doesn't kill and everyone says WELL, HEY, YOU KNOW, IT IS CALLED KILL SHOT
    but when a warrior does it, clearly the ability's name is "useless wet noodle piece of shit strike with an exorbitant rage cost that should do the same damage as MS"