Unable to validate version.

So wow just made me log out then it did a small patch update.. Now when I try to login it says can not validate version. Anyone else getting this?

10+ Year Old Account
    Yea, I'm getting it too along with Desktop Launcher acting like a douche. I thought it was because I lost power.

My desktop launcher only loads half the time... I usually have to go into my wow folder to launch wow. >.<

I too am experiencing this issue. Running the repair tool now to see if that will fix it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Batch of hotfixes going out soon that will result in a small client-side patch to fix a number of crashes.
    Rygarius posted this on Twitter so they're working on it.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Currently experiencing this as well. Hopefully I can get in before my guild kills heroic spoils and thok tonight as my warrior would love a ring and trinket.

Deleted
    Stuff like this are becoming awfully common.

Just wanted to update, running the repair tool did not fix the issue. According to Blizzard, players may receive "Unable to validate game version" errors for a short time after they deploy World of Warcraft launcher patches during non-maintenance periods in order to resolve urgent issues. Basically, if we continue to get this error after a few hours of attempts, then it's time to do a fresh install.

Quote Originally Posted by Trubo View Post
    Currently experiencing this as well. Hopefully I can get in before my guild kills heroic spoils and thok tonight as my warrior would love a ring and trinket.
    From the looks of it, your guild won't be able to login either.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Fizzelkazoo View Post
    Just wanted to update, running the repair tool did not fix the issue. According to Blizzard, players may receive "Unable to validate game version" errors for a short time after they deploy World of Warcraft launcher patches during non-maintenance periods in order to resolve urgent issues. Basically, if we continue to get this error after a few hours of attempts, then it's time to do a fresh install.
    Fresh install for reals ? Looks like its time to cancel my sub...

Got the error like 5 times trying to log in but just was able to log in randomly without any sort of update/hot fix.

Quote Originally Posted by Bryntrollian View Post
    Hopefully it won't come down to the re-install, that's more of a last-ditch effort. From the looks of it, Blizzard has it under control and is working on an update to resolve the issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Bryntrollian View Post
    From the looks of it, your guild won't be able to login either.

- - - Updated - - -

Just wait a couple of minutes for the server to pick up the new client version and you'll be back in.

10+ Year Old Account
    I was able to log in, maybe they fixed it. Or I just got lucky.

Well that was quick.

Good work blizz

Quote Originally Posted by Grapple View Post
    Haha you linked the post to my other forum