Thread: Racial changes

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Yeah, my tanks aren't douches who heroic leap 30 yards away and let the boss catch up. =P

Quote Originally Posted by Nightstalker View Post
    I personally think Tauren are stupid.
    If you want to play a Paladin, play a Human, Dwarf or Draenei . If you want to play a warrior, play whatever you want.
    Fixed it for you

My warrior will remain Tauren what ever happens.

Quote Originally Posted by CollisionTD View Post
    Yeah, my tanks aren't douches who heroic leap 30 yards away and let the boss catch up. =P
    nothing makes me rage harder than when my tanks take off at light speed and use every movement speed boost known to man and drag the boss away just as i CS.

another thing: what's the source for all these racials? can someone provide an actual link? apologies if i missed it in the thread.

Celestalon tweeted a bunch of teasers and such. There was a lot more info than just racials. I made a nice list for my guild but didn't repost here as most was stuff we already knew and he said he was working on a comprehensive post of everything instead of relying in the twitter machine.

Quote Originally Posted by Eranthe View Post
    another thing: what's the source for all these racials? can someone provide an actual link? apologies if i missed it in the thread.
    Front page

Quote Originally Posted by sjsctt View Post
    Collision told me to ask you more questions about what happened 5.0....no idea why?
    I don't know what he's getting at specifically. If it's PVE related he's probably referring to the fact I was a dogshit player. Ask him about the logs I sent him in 5.0 on Feng, you'll understand.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Gliff View Post
    Just get rid of racials FFS. Either that or make them quality of life bonuses rather then throughput bonuses.
    +1 pls troll warrior I miss you

Quote Originally Posted by Jalopy View Post
    I don't know what he's getting at specifically. If it's PVE related he's probably referring to the fact I was a dogshit player. Ask him about the logs I sent him in 5.0 on Feng, you'll understand.
    I endorse this message.

Proof that anyone can become a goo player with time, practice, prayer, a little bit of voodoo and a chance to prove themselves!

Those logs should be stickied as motivation in every fury guide in the world they're better motivation than a gun in your face

E: Yeah shame I'm only good and not great. Maybe if I worked harder I'd be on the dream team like Archi

Quote Originally Posted by Requiel View Post
    Crit damage % if fairly weak in comparison (flat comparison of damage) to crit raiting per %, since crit gives you a 1% chance to do double damage, each % of crit is a 1% damage increase overall.

So lets say you have a crit rating of 50% your crit mod would be 1.5 on average (the formula for average damage from crit is (2*crit+(1-crit))), if you were to add 1% crit rating your mod would go to 1.51. if you were to add 1% crit damage (its additive so (2.01*crit+(1-crit))) then your crit damage mod would become 1.505, but since the racial is 2% crit damage it would be 1.51.

• at 20% crit would have Crit damage give you 0.002 (0.02%) damage vs crit giving 1%
    • at 50% crit would have crit damage give you 0.005 (0.05%) damage vs crit giving 1%
    • at 70% crit would have crit damage giving you 0.007 (0.07%) damage vs crit giving you 1%

50% is where 2% damage and 1% crit are even, below this crit level the crit racial would be better if it were flat damage (no bt crit etc), above this the 2% crit damage racials would be better (but they wont because of enrage)

fuck collision post at same time
    Except that crits in WoD are 1.5x damage modifier, not 2x. The difference between 1% crit chance and 2% crit damage is pretty negligible.

20% crit: you start at 1.10 damage, you go to 1.104 for adding 2% crit damage, 1.105 for adding 1% crit chance.
    50% crit: you start at 1.25 damage, you go to 1.26 for adding 2% crit damage, 1.255 damage for adding 1% crit chance.
    70% crit: you start at 1.35 damage, you go to 1.364 for adding 2% crit damage, 1.355 damage for adding 1% crit chance.

25% crit chance is the breakpoint where 2% crit damage is even with 1% crit chance: you start out at 1.125 damage and go to 1.30 damage with either 2% crit damage or 1% crit chance.
    Last edited by shadowboy; 2014-02-28 at 08:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by shadowboy View Post
    Except that crits in WoD are 1.5x damage modifier, not 2x. The difference between 1% crit chance and 2% crit damage is pretty negligible.
    It's 150% against players, it's 200% in PvE.

That's only been confirmed for PVP, not PVE.

Those logs should be stickied as motivation in every fury guide in the world they're better motivation than a gun in your face

E: Yeah shame I'm only good and not great. Maybe if I worked harder I'd be on the dream team like Archi
    That thread was such a hilarious shitstorm. Especially the people (*cough*Anaxie*cough*) upset they weren't mentioned!

Don't worry; I'll put in a good word for you bb.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Bloodletters View Post
    It won't happen in PVE. It would destroy Crit for every spec except fury. Which I am not adverse to.

Quote Originally Posted by Bloodletters View Post
    Fair enough, but the damage difference between the two is only most extreme at 0% and 100% crit. Most of the time you will be somewhere in the middle. The damage difference between 1% crit chance and 2% crit damage is 1% in favor of crit chance at 0% crit and about 1% in favor of crit damage at 100% crit chance. Crit chance is generally between 10 and 40% crit, meaning 1% crit chance is only 0.7% better than 2% crit damage at 10% crit and 1% crit chance is only 0.1% better at 40% crit chance.
    Last edited by shadowboy; 2014-02-28 at 08:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Eranthe View Post
    Original Source, if u want to see each tweet ure gonna have to find the tweets urself.

He revealed em over several tweets. Says he's writing a forumpost to sum it all up.
    Last edited by Juni; 2014-02-28 at 09:02 PM.

Fair enough, but the damage difference between the two is only most extreme at 0% and 100% crit. Most of the time you will be somewhere in the middle. The damage difference between 1% crit chance and 2% crit damage is 1% in favor of crit chance at 0% crit and about 1% in favor of crit damage at 100% crit chance. Crit chance is generally between 10 and 40% crit, meaning 1% crit chance is only 0.7% better than 2% crit damage at 10% crit and 1% crit chance is only 0.1% better at 40% crit chance.
    Except for that whole critical bloodthirsts/colossus smashes proccing enrage and what-not. Crit damage doesn't increase the chance of being enraged.
    Last edited by CollisionTD; 2014-02-28 at 09:04 PM.

Except for that whole critical bloodthirsts/colossus smashes proccing enrage and what-not. Crit damage doesn't increase the chance of being enraged. Crit chance wipes the floor with crit damage.
    That's a general warrior mechanic one (and a problematic one, too, imo). You're going to run into the exact same logic any time you compare ANY stat against crit chance (be it crit damage, haste, whatever). It's just not fair for whatever the other stat happens to be. The odds are stacked against anything other than crit in that case.

I firmly believe extra rage from crit is enough of an incentive to stack crit. Having crit bloodthirsts proc enrage just makes the spec feel horrible at low crit and props the value of crit much too much at any attainable gear level. I stopped playing my warrior because I HATED how it felt at 15% crit chance.

I'm not convinced it's good design, no matter how much you modify bloodthirst's crit chance. In my opinion, no spec or class should be outrageously dependent on one stat to feel like it's working right (such as fire mages with crit, or combat rogues with haste, although the rogue example isn't as bad as fury or fire).
    Last edited by shadowboy; 2014-02-28 at 09:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Archimtiros View Post
    I endorse this message.

Proof that anyone can become a goo player with time, practice, prayer, a little bit of voodoo and a chance to prove themselves!
    +1

I am another Jalopy. I don't consider myself great but when I came to these forums I was pulling 60k dps at the start of siege and now i am averaging over 300k being the best in my group. I have tons of room to grow but everyone here is incredibly helpful and I would personally like to thank archimtiros, collision, warriorsarri and anyone else I may be missing who helps with these guides and in general does all the hard work so we all can read a few posts and log in and have better performance.

- - - Updated - - -

That's a general warrior mechanic one (and a problematic one, too, imo). You're going to run into the exact same logic any time you compare ANY stat against crit chance (be it crit damage, haste, whatever). It's just not fair for whatever the other stat happens to be. The odds are stacked against anything other than crit in that case.

I firmly believe extra rage from crit is enough of an incentive to stack crit. Having crit bloodthirsts proc enrage just makes the spec feel horrible at low crit and props the value of crit much too much at any attainable gear level. I stopped playing my warrior because I HATED how it felt at 15% crit chance.

I'm not convinced it's good design, no matter how much you modify bloodthirst's crit chance. In my opinion, no spec or class should be outrageously dependent on one stat to feel like it's working right (such as fire mages with crit, or combat rogues with haste, although the rogue example isn't as bad as fury or fire).
    having a base crit chance does decrease crits value but would depend on how much. If BT had a 50% base crit chance that would mean each 1% crit was only adding (at best) 1% enrage uptime rather than 2% and thats a drop in value right there. I agree with you crit will always be our best stat and thats not a bad thing. Every class has a best stats but we need it to not be the best stat by a massive margin and I saw a post by collision somewhere else where crit for fury had by far and away the biggest gap between it and haste and even the gap between crit and mastery was quite large as well.

Unfortunately these monster parses have been lost in the sands of time.

However, I have decided to recreate them, taking great pain to ensure historical accuracy in this recreation. I was there in the trenches when this bombshell hit, so I feel like I am the best person for this job.

Here are a few of the steps I took to ensure this accuracy:
    1: I wore hockey gloves, did 360s in my chair to dizzy myself up, and then let Mike Tyson punch me in the face to alert me that the fight has begun. Naturally, this meant I forgot to pre-pot.
    2: Unequipped various pieces of gear randomly to ensure that the ilevel was correct, and that my stats were not optimal. I also wore an intellect staff, as I am a pretty, pretty girl.

3: I changed out the bar I normally used for something out of a horror movie:

(I spell booked any ability not seen here.)
    4: Just to make sure I had no clue what I was doing, I did not actually look at the screen while doing this, except for when I thought it was necessary to spell book skull banner.

The Trainwreck.™
    http://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/...pe=damage-done
    That's a damage done breakdown that only mother could love. Apparently I spent half the fight using hamstring, who knew?

http://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/...s=16&source=29

Jalopy 5.0 had a minor bug in his programming that instead of stacking all cooldowns possible, he liked to spread them out like cream cheese on a bagel. He took great care to ensure that colossus smash did not overlap with recklessness.

There are some other goodies in there, but yeah, Jalopy is a shining example of how even the worst players can become "somewhat better than mediocre but not quite dream team level like archi."

(Just in case it's not super-obvious, Jalopy is indeed a great player now. :P)
    Last edited by CollisionTD; 2014-02-28 at 09:50 PM.

Unfortunately these monster parses have been lost in the sands of time.

However, I have decided to recreate them, taking great pain to ensure historical accuracy in this recreation. I was there in the trenches when this bombshell hit, so I feel like I am the best person for this job.

Here are a few of the steps I took to ensure this accuracy:
    1: I wore hockey gloves, did 360s in my chair to dizzy myself up, and then let Mike Tyson punch me in the face to alert me that the fight has begun. Naturally, this meant I forgot to pre-pot.
    2: Unequipped various pieces of gear randomly to ensure that the ilevel was correct, and that my stats were not optimal. I also wore an intellect staff, as I am a pretty, pretty girl.

3: I changed out the bar I normally used for something out of a horror movie:

(I spell booked any ability not seen here.)
    4: Just to make sure I had no clue what I was doing, I did not actually look at the screen while doing this, except for when I thought it was necessary to spell book skull banner.

The Trainwreck.™
    http://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/...pe=damage-done
    That's a damage done breakdown that only mother could love. Apparently I spent half the fight using hamstring, who knew?

http://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/...s=16&source=29

Jalopy 5.0 had a minor bug in his programming that instead of stacking all cooldowns possible, he liked to spread them out like a fine wine. He took great care to ensure that colossus smash did not overlap with recklessness.

There are some other goodies in there, but yeah, Jalopy is a shining example of how even the worst players can become "somewhat better than mediocre but not quite dream team level like archi."

(Just in case it's not super-obvious, Jalopy is indeed a great player now. :P)
    Quoted for posterity, recommended for sticky.