Thread: Racial changes

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Deleted
    I see, by the looks of things at the moment it'll mean Worgen/Belf will be best until 25%~ then Dorf/Tauren become better but they're ugly...

So as it is now, for warriors, crit chance would be better or eqaul, seems like tauren would be the race to play for pve reasons due to the stamina increase.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ashtwo View Post
    I see, by the looks of things at the moment it'll mean Worgen/Belf will be best until 25%~ then Dorf/Tauren become better but they're ugly...
    What do you mean with 25% ?

If enrage stays as is (likely) then +1% crit will still be the best, but 2% crit damage at least isn't a terrible 2nd option now.

:late edit:

2% crit damage could catch up with crit during the last tier, maybe? Too many factors to tell atm.
    Last edited by CollisionTD; 2014-03-04 at 04:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by CollisionTD View Post
    If enrage stays as is (likely) then +1% crit will still be the best, but 2% crit damage at least isn't a terrible 2nd option now.
    Well it's a good thing I'm working a night shift, hopefully I'll be able to find a raid during the day to keep my crit instead of the stupid haste ;~;

10+ Year Old Account
    So I basically have 2 servers, 1 for alliance dom and 1 for horde dom. I was thinking of making a orc warrior on the horde but after these racials, I am now thinking otherwise. I don't know how Blood Fury is going to do against 1% crit damage but the tauren seemed to have gotten a 2% crit dmg gain and now increased stamina that scales with level. That seems much better than rolling a orc.

Also, no fucking way I am rolling a draenei or a blood elf . Unless I am a girl and I can be hot

:super-late edit:
    When I did these charts, I had changed berserking to a 15% haste buff... but only for casters. I forgot to change it for melee. I'll post new charts sometime, but for now just drop trolls 1-2 spots.

Racials for TG

T16H

T16N

T15N

Racials for SMF

T16H

T16N

T15N

Notes:
    Skull banner/stormlash removed
    All racials implemented/removed as necessary.
    Human was given 300 rating of crit/mastery.
    Draenei was given the same bonus as panda, +300 str
    Gnomes have 125 max rage, but the action list was not tweaked to take advantage of it. Might push it up 1 rank, if that.
    Glancing blows removed -- Boosts value of haste
    All tier bonuses have been stripped out of the code.
    Early implementation of Anger Management was used -- Boosts haste, as well as the blood elf racial.
    T16H/N have CDR trinket still equipped, which skews AM/Haste a little. Not significant enough to boost any of the haste-races above the crit/primary stat races. Might push Trolls up 1 rank.
    Last edited by CollisionTD; 2014-03-13 at 06:33 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Super balanced actually. If you want to min-max, you can. As for me, I'll save my money, stay orc, and enjoy my new animations

just wondering, how is the same situation for current racials? wonder if it worse or better balance
    well can't be much worse really

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Enosh View Post
    just wondering, how is the same situation for current racials? wonder if it worse or better balance
    well can't be much worse really
    Fury:

Worgen=450264 DPS
    Orc=449381 DPS
    Draenei=447414 DPS
    Troll=446717 DPS
    Goblin=445885 DPS
    Undead=445677 DPS
    other races=444778 DPS

Arms:
    Orc=387304 DPS
    Worgen=386752 DPS
    Draenei=385830 DPS
    Human=385359 DPS
    Troll=385347 DPS
    Goblin=384663 DPS
    Undead=384427 DPS
    Other races=383621 DPS

I've never been one for min/maxing but the fact that people would pay for a race change to a race they don't even like aesthetically (you have to stare at it ALWAYS) sounds crazy to me. Especially for a 1% or 2% buff to a secondary. That translates to such a minor boost. Not to mention no matter which race you pick, you're going to get some sort of dps racial even if it isn't ideal for your class. They could make WotF a 10 min CD and remove TotG and my Lock will still be Undead!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Moglock View Post
    I've never been one for min/maxing but the fact that people would pay for a race change to a race they don't even like aesthetically (you have to stare at it ALWAYS) sounds crazy to me. Especially for a 1% or 2% buff to a secondary. That translates to such a minor boost. Not to mention no matter which race you pick, you're going to get some sort of dps racial even if it isn't ideal for your class. They could make WotF a 10 min CD and remove TotG and my Lock will still be Undead!
    Some min/max because they are pushing cutting edge content and feel they need to. Others are forced to because their guilds. While still others do it because they have no interest in keeping $20 or however much it is and don't care about what their character looks like, if they can get .05% more dps.

Deleted
    I guess that tmorph removes the "I like my race" factor for a lot of people, leaving only the 20 € vs slight increase in performance choice.

10+ Year Old Account
    So it seems like the difference in racials for warriors will not be that big. I guess I shall keep and level up my orc warrior

10+ Year Old Account
    TBH--I don't think it will ever be more balanced than it is about to be. It is pretty close now. If there was a 1 dps difference, people would still faction change for the gain, even if they preferred their current race.

I think blizzard deserves a lot of Kudos on the upcoming change.

10+ Year Old Account
    The way Collision keeps talking is saying that we are going to be dancing together in Ghostlands because Blood elves are cute. Got it.
    Jakesterwars - Jakesterwars#1531
    Tyranny

I'll stop playing before I play a Blood Elf.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bloodletters View Post
    Exactly ma brotha!! A girly male holding an axe isn't cool, nor is some hot girl holding a sword and shield .

Quote Originally Posted by Bloodletters View Post
    I'unno, if they fix the actual voices of them to not be so metrosexual, weapons ceasing to be tiny, and bodies that -ACTUALY- follow Warcraft Lore and prior Concept-Art i'd honestly be fine with them, just saying Blood-Elves as a whole ingeneral were badass before WoW happened, though that might have something to do with the fact that the Blood-Elves we play as are cowardly backstabbers that turned their back upon their great leader Kael that saved their entire race from total extinction, and those that remain are whiny little douchebags. <.<,

Which in itself leads to....

ERMAHGEWD LORTHEMAR IS THE BLOODELF VERSION OF MALFURION @_@

Quote Originally Posted by Kickbuttmario View Post
    Exactly ma brotha!! A girly male holding an axe isn't cool, nor is some hot girl holding a sword and shield .
    But it is goddamn sexy!

Deleted
    If theoretically those would stay as it is, TG T16hc, 5k difference before squish...after...will be nothing, you can pick w/e you want. Rng alone will have more impact than that.