Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Scatter is and always has been a horrible way to set up traps anyways. Any team over 1500 knows that when a scatter happens the chance of a trap following it is high, so they just bumrush to whoever is scattered to try and eat the trap.

I for one will not miss it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nightspear View Post
    Tbh some CC has to go, and they have to balance all classes. At the moment I'm not too worried, and I don't think you should be either.
    It would be horible be the only class who got these changes, but we aren't.7
    Exactly. EVERYTHING is going to change. Amount of CC, DR-categories and even the way CC behaves. (Cyclone dispellable for instance!)

Many people see this change and tries to imagine how to live without it in Mists of Pandaria.
    People need to relax and see how it works in WoD and THEN freak out if they still think its shitty

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Conjor View Post
    Scatter is and always has been a horrible way to set up traps anyways. Any team over 1500 knows that when a scatter happens the chance of a trap following it is high, so they just bumrush to whoever is scattered to try and eat the trap.

I for one will not miss it.
    This! Thanks to addons like gladiatorlosa you can now see everyone reacting like bots after every scatter

Quote Originally Posted by SquishyHunter View Post
    When didnt we have scatter shot? AFAIK we always had it. I think that if traps were turned into arrows only it would loose alot of flavor to the hunter class, but i see no problem in making trap launcher a target ability with a cast time.
    Mages have Health regen as a drawback
    Locks got "movment" as a "drawback"
    Rogue got too much CC for something to be spammable and its instant
    Warriors got a cooldown instant AoE and target stun
    And many other hybrids got their CC baseline and can use them while healing.
    Hunter drawback is the 30 sec CD on traps, and thats the price we should pay for it being instant. We shouldnt have to pay an extra CC to actually land trap, nor should we be expected to land a trap on a moving target with latency and all.

With CC removed, there should also be CC improved, and "insta arming" , yeah, not sure that will cut it.
    Scatter Shot was the 21 point MM talent in TBC and the 11 point SV talent in Wrath. BM hunters more than likely never took this, as Go for the throat talents was too powerful to pass. Also Aimed shot in wrath was mortal strike (11 point MM talent).

So SV had to chose between readiness or scatter in TBC. Yea and traps were spells then so they missed a lot too.....

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by morislayer View Post
    Scatter Shot was the 21 point MM talent in TBC and the 11 point SV talent in Wrath. BM hunters more than likely never took this, as Go for the throat talents was too powerful to pass. Also Aimed shot in wrath was mortal strike (11 point MM talent).

So SV had to chose between readiness or scatter in TBC. Yea and traps were spells then so they missed a lot too.....
    Yeah, i knew that. However i wasnt really sure as i have gone thru all the changes (played since late vanilla). But we always had scatter however as hunters even if it was specc specific.

10+ Year Old Account
    i was wondering didnt they say they werent removing wynvern sting ,why not spec into this and trap

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Fullmetal89 View Post
    Because CC traps are about the only utility Hunters have for PVE that makes them worth bringing. Wyvern Sting has always been pretty shitty, if anything they should remove that and just make traps an on target ability; instead of a skillshot. Considering Scatter Shot is gone, it's going to be even harder to get people into your traps.
    What?!?!? If you can trap it, you can put sting on it as well. Even more, when CC was extremely critical in the encounter, I used Wyvern instead CC trap (Lei Shi).

Quote Originally Posted by Shisui-kun View Post
    I suppose we need to use Concussive shot to slow them to trap effectively now.
    Crokolisks are effective snares as well

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ettan View Post
    Im really sad about the loss of scatter.
    And not primarily in the context of trapping.
    For trapping we will make due as always.
    Its been an invaluable survival tool for me for many years.
    Rouge on your ass? Scatter his face and flare him up.
    Warrior in your face? Scatter faaaaaace
    Scatter the fuck out of them all...

Now its all disengage instaweb.
    Fine and dandy that, but it will never be as satisfying as a scatter to the face.

I guess I will have to put it in the sad box now
    Along such greats as;
    100% run speed limit on concussive shot,
    50 focus on kb,
    Eyes of the beast,
    wing clip & entrapment
    You will just see people add Freezing trap to the Disengage/net macro. This will become one of the effective ways to pull off a trap. Remember there was a day when trap launcher didnt exist.

There are many ways to still be an amazing hunter, this will weed out the bads. Freezing trap Doesnt share DR with Binding Shot, so right there is yet another way to pull off an equally obnoxious CC duration. Good hunters will adapt, bad hunters will roll the next easiest class in the game to play
    Last edited by pill8w; 2014-03-03 at 09:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by pill8w View Post
    Crokolisks are effective snares as well
    They mentioned reducing the number of pet abilities and cc's; it's possible crocs will lose their snares too
    You're not allowed to discuss conspiracy theories on mmo-champion, which makes me wonder what they're trying to hide.

Deleted
    Trap launcher should transform:

- "Freezing Trap" into "Freezing Arrow"
    - "Explosive Trap" into "Explosive Arrow" etc

Both ranged and non ranged trap versions should be given casting time (same as aimed shot)

FIXED

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MrApple View Post
    Well..

Ferals lost shapeshifting roots/slows even tho "it was something we always had"
    Ferals lost fear removal on berserk even tho "it was something we always had"
    Ferals lost instant clones on my feral even tho "it was something we always had"

So...

To everyone claiming their lovely hunter is being destroyed and what not;

Deal with it!
    That is one spec though, not the whole class. That's the difference with Hunters.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tsoni View Post
    What?!?!? If you can trap it, you can put sting on it as well. Even more, when CC was extremely critical in the encounter, I used Wyvern instead CC trap (Lei Shi).
    I'm referring more to Ice Trap than Freezing Trap. The guy who I was replying to said they should remove all trap CC, just replying to that not specifically Freezing.
    "I can no longer sit back and allow Communist infiltration, Communist indoctrination, Communist subversion and the international Communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids. "
    -
    General Jack D. Ripper.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Fullmetal89 View Post
    That is one spec though, not the whole class. That's the difference with Hunters.
    Well... since hunter is pretty much just one spec its not a very distinct difference.
    Even blizzard themselfs think so. Source

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MrApple View Post
    Well... since hunter is pretty much just one spec its not a very distinct difference.
    Even blizzard themselfs think so. Source
    Yep, it's been that way since forever. To bad we will never get the same treatment as Warlocks.
    "I can no longer sit back and allow Communist infiltration, Communist indoctrination, Communist subversion and the international Communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids. "
    -
    General Jack D. Ripper.

10+ Year Old Account
    I dont mind losing scatter if they fix the traps. I mean, which hunter dont knows this scenario: Trap placed for about 20 seconds, enemy runs over the trap without any immunity or freedom on him. Trap gets two toon eyes, looks at the enemy and whispers you: nah, not worth it ...

has any other class had to resort to using two abilities to pull off a cc? has any other class had to rely on the enemy to run over a little hit box in order to trigger the cc?
    also, trap launcher was a pathetic joke from the start. it was just a half-assed attempt at throwing hunters a bone.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by c000 View Post
    has any other class had to resort to using two abilities to pull off a cc? has any other class had to rely on the enemy to run over a little hit box in order to trigger the cc?
    also, trap launcher was a pathetic joke from the start. it was just a half-assed attempt at throwing hunters a bone.
    Druids often have to either bash or disorient to land a non-NS clone.
    Hunters dont need to have an enemy running over the trap. You throw the trap at your target thats in place either with
    the help of your teammates or by your own doing.

Also... feral druids and rogues both use minimum of 2 abilities for key CCs. Often as many as 5 abilities for a 5 combo point finisher CC.

LOL!!!!! that is a TeRrIbaD change for huntards lol. I get how they are trying to phase out CC's but that makes landing traps on anyone with a brain pretty fking difficult. I don't play hunter much at all now but I can GARUNTEE you I won't be playing it in wod at all if you have to assume enemys movement patterns and account for flight time to land your main CC. There is probably some shit about hunters they aren't telling us yet but in any case I have real concerns over the people blizz have working for them when they a) come up with these changes and b) release this type of info with nothing else. Since wotlk they have had a proven track record of INSANELY fucking shit up with dumbass changes and having to buff and nerf for entire patches. Their PvP dev team is piss poor there's no getting around it.

Deleted
    Good news. Perhaps now everyone else will get to fight (win or lose ) against the player controlling the hunter instead of against the class itself. Only class in PvP atm where this feels to be the case.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think they should just delete the entire level 30 tier of CC talents rather than getting rid of Scatter Shot.

Just my two cents.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ickabob View Post
    I think they should just delete the entire level 30 tier of CC talents rather than getting rid of Scatter Shot.

Just my two cents.
    That is an awful 2 cents you got there lol

I love my binding shot ><

Quote Originally Posted by Trape View Post
    i have a dream, that one day my targeted cc will be just as easy to get off as polymorph or fear instead of requiring the skills of a navy seals sniper to get off
    at least there's still mongoloid damage, right guys?
    Personally, I think it should be the other way around, Polymorph should require a skill check.

After TBC, CCs drifted to PVP only (except a very few exception, mainly heroic encounters), so making a CC only requiring a cast time is just not good enough anymore.