Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Woodgela View Post
    LOL!!!!! that is a TeRrIbaD change for huntards lol. I get how they are trying to phase out CC's but that makes landing traps on anyone with a brain pretty fking difficult. I don't play hunter much at all now but I can GARUNTEE you I won't be playing it in wod at all if you have to assume enemys movement patterns and account for flight time to land your main CC. There is probably some shit about hunters they aren't telling us yet but in any case I have real concerns over the people blizz have working for them when they a) come up with these changes and b) release this type of info with nothing else. Since wotlk they have had a proven track record of INSANELY fucking shit up with dumbass changes and having to buff and nerf for entire patches. Their PvP dev team is piss poor there's no getting around it.
    Right and in order to reduce cc and the length players are in it you,playing as a hunter, have to rely on another player to initiate so you land your trap. I really don't see the problem here.

Traps use to arm/activate instantly. Was pretty nice when they did. Scatter Shot was still used to help getting people trapped but this was also before Trap launcher.

I think it will be very possible to trap people in WoD without Scatter Shot. That being said, I certainly hope they don't get rid of it. It's been a hunter staple of mine from the beginning.

Quote Originally Posted by Lassifer View Post
    Traps use to arm/activate instantly. Was pretty nice when they did. Scatter Shot was still used to help getting people trapped but this was also before Trap launcher.

I think it will be very possible to trap people in WoD without Scatter Shot. That being said, I certainly hope they don't get rid of it. It's been a hunter staple of mine from the beginning.
    Scatter<freeze trap needs to go or you can increase both cds to 90+ secs, it's too many instant cc in such a low cd.

Quote Originally Posted by Bisso View Post
    Personally, I think it should be the other way around, Polymorph should require a skill check.

After TBC, CCs drifted to PVP only (except a very few exception, mainly heroic encounters), so making a CC only requiring a cast time is just not good enough anymore.
    imagine the amount of QQ from other classes if they had all their cc turn into hunter-difficulty cc.

Quote Originally Posted by Trape View Post
    i have a dream, that one day my targeted cc will be just as easy to get off as polymorph or fear instead of requiring the skills of a navy seals sniper to get off
    at least there's still mongoloid damage, right guys?
    The entire expansion Huntard traps have been nearly unavoidable because Scatter Shot is an instant 4 second CC that cannot be avoided and then, because of the range of traps, you would instantly become frozen in a skill (freezing) trap. At least Fear any Polymorph have a cast time, with the former having restrictions on those that are instant casts (very limited range, high CDs, etc). There has been no downside to traps, or even the Hunter class, this whole expansion, but at least now there is some skill involved with their CC.
    Deathknight's do it using disease, blood and the power of the unholy. Warlocks do it with dark demons by their side. Mages do it with summoned arcane powers. Druids do it using the forces of nature. Rogues do it through stealth, poison's, shadows and....from behind. Paladins do it by calling to the light for aid. Shamans do it with the help of the elements. Priests do it through the holy light.
    But warriors....
    Warriors just fucking do it.

You're comparing blowing two CD's to trap one target, to casting a what...1.5 second cast? great logic. On top of the other team noticing what's about to happen (hello, Scatter...) and soaking the trap for them. You know there's addons that announce (via voice) skills that were cast, right? Hell, I don't even PvP anymore and I know that much.

Quote Originally Posted by Lolretadin View Post
    The entire expansion Huntard traps have been nearly unavoidable because Scatter Shot is an instant 4 second CC that cannot be avoided and then, because of the range of traps, you would instantly become frozen in a skill (freezing) trap. At least Fear any Polymorph have a cast time, with the former having restrictions on those that are instant casts (very limited range, high CDs, etc). There has been no downside to traps, or even the Hunter class, this whole expansion, but at least now there is some skill involved with their CC.
    you're terrible if you can't eat traps for team mates. Trap activation can take up to 2 seconds and plus the 1 second global cooldown from the scatter. There are SO many ways to screw up a hunter's traps it's almost not worth trapping anymore unless you've got both other players cced or you trap off a stun like stormbolt or asphyxiate.

Scatter has a very limited ranged, it's 20 yards. What's poly and fear? 30.

guys guys guys ... wait till they bring out the FULL changes list, including the additions, then complain.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Realist Phill View Post
    guys guys guys ... wait till they bring out the FULL changes list, including the additions, then complain.
    You are obviously new to the forum and how internet works

Quote Originally Posted by Realist Phill View Post
    well sometimes it's justified. I predicted that expertise for hunters in pvp would basically mean anything with dodge becomes a completely unviable kill target when it was introduced in the mop prepatch and it still holds true today.

This must be a joke. Or you have never played a hunter in arena.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's a CC and like everyone else they are getting either nerfed to hell or removed.
    Obviously with the plethora of CC hunters had access too, something had to go.
    Adding bewbs to his Avatar since 2011

Quote Originally Posted by Illana View Post
    you're terrible if you can't eat traps for team mates. Trap activation can take up to 2 seconds and plus the 1 second global cooldown from the scatter. There are SO many ways to screw up a hunter's traps it's almost not worth trapping anymore unless you've got both other players cced or you trap off a stun like stormbolt or asphyxiate.

Scatter has a very limited ranged, it's 20 yards. What's poly and fear? 30.
    You're a terrible Huntard if you don't know how to trap properly. You keep mobility while trapping and lose 1 GCD. Other classes have to stay stationary and risk an interrupt or spell reflect in order to CC. If you actually think that Hunter trapping is useless you might want to reroll to something simpler like a Warrior.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by morislayer View Post
    This must be a joke. Or you have never played a hunter in arena.
    I've both played a Hunter and gone against Hunters in arena; there is no downside to Hunter CC.
    Deathknight's do it using disease, blood and the power of the unholy. Warlocks do it with dark demons by their side. Mages do it with summoned arcane powers. Druids do it using the forces of nature. Rogues do it through stealth, poison's, shadows and....from behind. Paladins do it by calling to the light for aid. Shamans do it with the help of the elements. Priests do it through the holy light.
    But warriors....

Bloodsail Admiral Lethey Alexandros's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Penguintamer View Post
    What a shitty change. Scatter Shot is the only reliable way to land a trap on something, and it's bullshit to make hunters have to rely on other players to land their own crap.
    T_T its bull shit my trap is a trap and has to function like a trap and actually trap something that runs into the area that is traped.

Quote Originally Posted by Illana View Post
    well sometimes it's justified. I predicted that expertise for hunters in pvp would basically mean anything with dodge becomes a completely unviable kill target when it was introduced in the mop prepatch and it still holds true today.
    Rogues have high dodge, they are a good kill target.
    But warriors....

10+ Year Old Account
    No they arent. That is a well spread lie, that is proven false by playing any high end arena, or simply watching it on twitch. Even a melee train team will focus a mage with blazing speed instead of trying to kill a rogue.
    "Gamer" is not a bad word. I identify as a gamer. When calling out those who persecute and harass, the word you're looking for is "asshole." @_DonAdams
    When you see someone in a thread making the same canned responses over and over, click their name, click view forum posts, and see if they are a troll. Then don't feed them.

I've both played a Hunter and gone against Hunters in arena; there is no downside to Hunter CC.
    Yeah, Scatter pathing issues don't exist. Trap flight times and arming times don't exist. Pets/teammates eating traps don't exist.

It's safe to say, you have never played or even watched any high rated pvp with statements like this.

Every type of CC has its pros and cons. To say that Hunter CC has no disadvantages would be an ignorant thing to say.

Deleted
    You're a terrible Huntard if you don't know how to trap properly. You keep mobility while trapping and lose 1 GCD. Other classes have to stay stationary and risk an interrupt or spell reflect in order to CC. If you actually think that Hunter trapping is useless you might want to reroll to something simpler like a Warrior.

- - - Updated - - -

Hunter cc is pretty easy to counter. In most comps you have a healer, soak the trap as a dps and get dispelled. Then just dispel their sleep. So hard to count hunters, the only thing that's really annoying about them is concussive shot, but it's not like that they are the only class with infinite snaring.

Quote Originally Posted by Hikashuri View Post
    Hunter cc is pretty easy to counter. In most comps you have a healer, soak the trap as a dps and get dispelled. Then just dispel their sleep. So hard to count hunters, the only thing that's really annoying about them is concussive shot, but it's not like that they are the only class with infinite snaring.
    Most CC is dispel able and easy to counter; it's the gall of Hunters claiming that they are, in some way, less competent than other classes at CCing.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Drakoes View Post
    Every type of CC has its pros and cons. To say that Hunter CC has no disadvantages would be an ignorant thing to say.
    The only downside is that it cannot be used repetitively; it has a fairly short CD. None of the complaints that have so far been made by Hunters about CC have been valid.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Korgoth View Post
    No they arent. That is a well spread lie, that is proven false by playing any high end arena, or simply watching it on twitch. Even a melee train team will focus a mage with blazing speed instead of trying to kill a rogue.
    Mages are focused because they have few defensive CDs that are effective when versing multiple people.
    Rogues are easy to kill fast if you can get a CC chain on them, which is relatively easy to do as long as you aren't against a team with multiple dispels. They're usually ignored because having to deal with a class that is able to reset a fight up to 3 times is a waste of time; it has nothing to do with their "high" dodge.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by aarjun View Post
    Yeah, Scatter pathing issues don't exist. Trap flight times and arming times don't exist. Pets/teammates eating traps don't exist.
    Saying X is bad because of pathing issues doesn't prove a point, many abilities have pathing issues.
    Pets/Teammates eating traps shouldn't be an issue unless you lack awareness of where everyone is when CCing. You still don't have to put up with the same amount of issues that other CCs do. Your one, and only, downside to trapping is the CD.
    But warriors....