Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkArchon View Post
    Skill rules the day...You think with your herding and being a Troll you have a decisive advantage over me? You don't. With current scaling you'll get 1.3% extra dmg if it's 100% taken advantage off every time. Picking a race for that soul reason is kinda a joke.

Am in a high end heroic raiding guild that has lots of Orc, Troll warlocks with same ilvl and my Blood Elf beats them every week, every encounter. Am the guilds top warlock. People of high skill don't need to worry about little baby increases, i guess if your rather bad, desperate and can use all the help you can get. Then i guess sure...But it still ain't gonna do much for yeah. Being a Troll warlock doesn't make you a good warlock.
    You scream of someone trying to justify a bad choice.

"I prefer belf aesthetics." See? How hard is that.

Ranting about skill in a discussion about self-handicapping racials is completely out of place.

10+ Year Old Account
    IF I ever roll a lock again it'd most likely be Dwarf or Gnome.
    "Everything is a manifestation of your own free will, for better or for ill."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lor_Azut View Post
    IF I ever roll a lock again it'd most likely be Dwarf or Gnome.
    Gnome with Horns of the Betrayer.
    What has been seen cannot be unseen - it looks AMAZING lol

Yeah, people should pick what they like the most based on looks, animations etc....Going against your will only for a tiny tiny DPS increase, people like that take the game way to seriously and need therapy imo.
    I don't see why people who want a power advantage are in any more need of therapy that those who select based on "looks." I'm happy that Alliance is getting some love, but I really think the best solution would have been to give everyone a version of Every Man and ditch the rest of the racials that have any power implications whatsoever.

Depending on how important EMFH does end up, I could totally see myself changing to gnome in Warlords.

Skill rules the day...You think with your herding and being a Troll you have a decisive advantage over me? You don't. With current scaling you'll get 1.3% extra dmg if it's 100% taken advantage off every time. Picking a race for that soul reason is kinda a joke.

Am in a high end heroic raiding guild that has lots of Orc, Troll warlocks with same ilvl and my Blood Elf beats them every week, every encounter. Am the guilds top warlock. People of high skill don't need to worry about little baby increases, i guess if your rather bad, desperate and can use all the help you can get. Then i guess sure...But it still ain't gonna do much for yeah. Being a Troll warlock doesn't make you a good warlock.
    Just a little curious about your rant, how about you put your money where your mouth is and link your armory so we can all see how truly high end you are
    Quote Originally Posted by Kirroth View Post
    Eh, I have little sympathy for such complaints. Mythic raiders will have mythic weapons and mythic trinkets that will be far more powerful than a random legendary world drop. Power wise they'll still be at the top of the mountain. This is just a way for other people to have other special things, which is not anything mythic raiders should get to have a monopoly on.

you guys know that 1% crit is 600 stats and 1% haste is 425 right? 1% crit will always be optimal compared to haste when we have this situations that haste = crit.

10+ Year Old Account
    I do hope DarkArchon does reply

Quote Originally Posted by MadBloke101 View Post
    I do hope DarkArchon does reply
    lol right?
    Eh, I have little sympathy for such complaints. Mythic raiders will have mythic weapons and mythic trinkets that will be far more powerful than a random legendary world drop. Power wise they'll still be at the top of the mountain. This is just a way for other people to have other special things, which is not anything mythic raiders should get to have a monopoly on.

Quote Originally Posted by Tya View Post
    You scream of someone trying to justify a bad choice.

"I prefer belf aesthetics." See? How hard is that.

Ranting about skill in a discussion about self-handicapping racials is completely out of place.
    Ain't justifying anything, am saying racial comes down to preference and not ''must have'' or ''superior race'' the effects are so tiny it's virtually not worth talking about and having these big benefits in game. Hearing about people paying for a different racial cracks me up.

Yeah, people should pick what they like the most based on looks, animations etc
    You are continuing to miss the point and I've singled out why.

There are people that do not care even a little bit about looks and animations. That leaves only racial bonuses as a factor when choosing a race. So for those people there is nothing wrong about picking the bonuses.

And racials are more than just minor gains in throughput. There are other things like sprint, PVP trinket, etc. that you can take into consideration.

Posting a armory is nothing but merely looking at a cover of a book. If you care that much transfer to Hyjal and go against me. Haven't had another lock beat me in a very long time...come to think of it never...then i'll give you the pages within, because the contents is all that really matters

ilvl's and guild progress have zero insight or baring on one's personal skill and ability since those things aren't solely on the person themselves alone.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Rethul Ur No View Post
    You are continuing to miss the point and I've singled out why.

There are people that do not care even a little bit about looks and animations. That leaves only racial bonuses as a factor when choosing a race. So for those people there is nothing wrong about picking the bonuses.

And racials are more than just minor gains in throughput. There are other things like sprint, PVP trinket, etc. that you can take into consideration.
    I know, i just like laying a seed of corruption once in awhile and see how many scrim and moan about a comment. Highly recommend it. Never fails. One thing you can cut on in this world is people will bitch

Really, in short...."pick what you want and understand that people want different things."

Quote Originally Posted by Rethul Ur No View Post
    Really, in short...."pick what you want and understand that people want different things."
    Yeap basically..

Currently I choose races based on what my preferences are and not on what racial benefits they get. (I find that I tend to forget about them anyway )
    After WoD I will choose races based on what my preferences are and not on what racial benefits they get.

I was actually leveling a troll warlock to +60 for the free 90 boots (with profs max) while I already had a +60 BE warlock. But with the removal of snapshotting + troll racial nerf I wonder if it would even be a (even so slightly) dps increase compared to the new BE racial : /

I'm a dwarf warlock and will always be one.

Posting a armory is nothing but merely looking at a cover of a book. If you care that much transfer to Hyjal and go against me. Haven't had another lock beat me in a very long time...come to think of it never...then i'll give you the pages within, because the contents is all that really matters

ilvl's and guild progress have zero insight or baring on one's personal skill and ability since those things aren't solely on the person themselves alone.

- - - Updated - - -

I know, i just like laying a seed of corruption once in awhile and see how many scrim and moan about a comment. Highly recommend it. Never fails. One thing you can cut on in this world is people will bitch
    And what is your toons name on Hyjal? After a comment like that I'm sure we are all curious to see if you have your 14/14H and personally I'd love to see your parses.

Deleted
    Yeap basically..
    Not really, because you called out people who like to min max as head cases.

You're a joke.

Quote Originally Posted by Nazmina View Post
    EMFH is too binary, they tried nerfing it before, either it's OP or no one uses it. If they make the PvP freedom trinket so amazing as to be mandatory humans will complain that their racial is useless, other wise humans retain the ability to go double dps trink with no downsides only now they get a bonus 1% split stat on top of that, meanwhile almost every other popular pvp race is being nerfed. The balance of power as we currently have information for has been shifted in favor of humans even more so than before.'

The racial should really be removed and replaced with something else.
    I don't think it's impossible to balance it. I don't know if Blizzard gets it right, but it certainly isn't impossible. In the end it's a simple comparison between the CC-breaking trinket and the dps alternatives. The alternatives should be a little better to make the racial useful, but obviously only provide dps benefits similar to orc or troll racials. It would be dumb to touch the racial directly, it needs to be balanced by itemization.