Shadowmourne and val'anyr as protection paladin

Hi all.
    So, recently, I realized that there are legendary weapons I can get(so late ) and I see that the ones a paladin can use are thunderfury, sulfuras, shadowmourne and val'anyr. The first two are damn simple and is just rng, if i am not wrong.
    However, the shadowmourne and val'anyr seem to have some quests attached to them. Are they soloable by a decent geared protection paladin(http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ytank/advanced) .For that matter, is it possible to solo ICC and Ulduar on 25 man heroic?? From what i've heard, gunship is hard , and the quest blood infusion requires some friends to help(maybe even unholy infusion). Any comments and advice?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Doomken View Post
    Everytime I try to Que for LFR, the game completely crashes. WTF
    Quote Originally Posted by Nairobi View Post
    It's probably trying to save you a headache.

10+ Year Old Account
    Val'anyr requires just gathering 30 fragments from bosses in Ulduar and throwing the mace into Yogg'Sarons mouth. All of it is soloable.

For Shadowmourne you need friends. Either Blood Infusion/Unholy Infusion or Valithria Dreamwalker will stop your soloing attempts.

Valithiria can be bypassed by switching to 10 and soloing, then switching back to 25 (I believe 25 Normal can be soloed too but have not tried it, maybe next week I can do it). You need a friend for Unholy and several friends ideally for Blood Infusion.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nivena View Post
    Val'anyr requires just gathering 30 fragments from bosses in Ulduar and throwing the mace into Yogg'Sarons mouth. All of it is soloable.

For Shadowmourne you need friends. Either Blood Infusion/Unholy Infusion or Valithria Dreamwalker will stop your soloing attempts.
    Do I need any pre quest for Ulduar mace? or just pop into instance, keep killing bosses and hope that fragments will drop?

Quote Originally Posted by bazyk View Post
    Do I need any pre quest for Ulduar mace? or just pop into instance, keep killing bosses and hope that fragments will drop?
    Nope, just kill bosses, loot 30 fragments, done.

For Ulduar, you'll either need to bring a friend for Thorim or exploit a glitch that involves the gauntlet. Other than that 25 Uld (hard modes included) are all soloable provided you have decent enough gear. Yogg can be a bitch though.