Thread: Cat problems

Deleted

Cat problems

So I'm a cat. And obviously always at the back of our heads as melee is the thought "we lose the benefits of ranged". But thinking about moonkin it has various disadvantages. First, it's abysmal in soloing anything, it has to build dots in a slow and clunky manner and it's generally less fun for burst.

But then if I try to say, ok let's go moonkin as offspec, it's also a bit silly since there are two problems. One, you lose any offspec that isn't dps which is silly in itself but also you lose any dps of the better geared cat on any fight you can compete with ranged. So it would be only useful if you WILL do less dps that ranged and while that might be true in some fights (fuck you Thok), it's a lot of the time nonsense to aim for that. In fact, even in something like Thok, you ARE going to out-dps your moonkin lower geared offspec for the whole of the first phase.

But then I have another problem. I'd like to heal a bit but still not full time but everyone thinks I should be tank. But still, I do not even play the tank that often, only rarely in a flex or something like that or for soloing something rarely or finding a group faster for a 5man if I need the rewards fast or so.

So the question is, how can I get 4 specs that I play whenever without respecing everything (including gear itself) and without having bad gear on everything? Gief WoD.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by FemaleGoblinMage View Post
    So I'm a cat. And obviously always at the back of our heads as melee is the thought "we lose the benefits of ranged". But thinking about moonkin it has various disadvantages. First, it's abysmal in soloing anything, it has to build dots in a slow and clunky manner and it's generally less fun for burst.

But then if I try to say, ok let's go moonkin as offspec, it's also a bit silly since there are two problems. One, you lose any offspec that isn't dps which is silly in itself but also you lose any dps of the better geared cat on any fight you can compete with ranged. So it would be only useful if you WILL do less dps that ranged and while that might be true in some fights (fuck you Thok), it's a lot of the time nonsense to aim for that. In fact, even in something like Thok, you ARE going to out-dps your moonkin lower geared offspec for the whole of the first phase.

But then I have another problem. I'd like to heal a bit but still not full time but everyone thinks I should be tank. But still, I do not even play the tank that often, only rarely in a flex or something like that or for soloing something rarely or finding a group faster for a 5man if I need the rewards fast or so.

So the question is, how can I get 4 specs that I play whenever without respecing everything (including gear itself) and without having bad gear on everything? Gief WoD.
    Short answer, you can't.

Long answer, you can, but you are not optimal. I play 3 specs, Feral, Resto and Guardian. My feral gear can be used in guardian spec, but it's no where near optimal. it will get me by in things like LFR, Flex, and maybe even 1-2 normal bosses, but using it in a HC raid would never be acceptable. I play both resto and feral for HC raiding, and swapping between these specs is no problem, but i've been asked to tank HC raids, using addons like reforgesaver, and a general idea of gems etc will help you a lot. There is no easy way to do this unfortunately. My best advice for you if you are stuck in the situation of swapping between more then 2 specs, more then often is to make sure you have a full agi set, and a full int set. Guardian can use very similar gear to feral, and balance will get away with gear used by resto, obviously things like trinkets, tier and cloak will be spec dependent, but keeping those in your bags shouldn't be to much of an issue.

Deleted
    Yeah I find that reconfiguration annoying. It's ironic since it's supposed to be easy being feral cat and bear but in the end you feel like a raggedy idiot moving around on cat gear. So you should have tier items for bear and even the rest items can't have mastery, it's abysmal for bear. Sure I can also do Flex, and maybe normal, but it would be like "that spec that isn't that good but it must be used for now".

In contrast, having an intellect offspec would mean it must be more optimal for the gear itself since nothing can be resused, but of course, it might be only an illusion since e.g. a 560 item from a cat on a bear would probably be much better than a healer getting a 528 item instead of a "misconfigured" 560 (the main stats usually win anyway).

I'd love to see something in WoD that freely makes you respec on same gear, optimally. It's not lazy, it becomes boring, pointless and a grind after a point, and it requires no skill whatsoever, so there is no argument of "working to skill up for it", just working for it for no reason.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by FemaleGoblinMage View Post
    Yeah I find that reconfiguration annoying. It's ironic since it's supposed to be easy being feral cat and bear but in the end you feel like a raggedy idiot moving around on cat gear. So you should have tier items for bear and even the rest items can't have mastery, it's abysmal for bear. Sure I can also do Flex, and maybe normal, but it would be like "that spec that isn't that good but it must be used for now".

In contrast, having an intellect offspec would mean it must be more optimal for the gear itself since nothing can be resused, but of course, it might be only an illusion since e.g. a 560 item from a cat on a bear would probably be much better than a healer getting a 528 item instead of a "misconfigured" 560 (the main stats usually win anyway).

I'd love to see something in WoD that freely makes you respec on same gear, optimally. It's not lazy, it becomes boring, pointless and a grind after a point, and it requires no skill whatsoever, so there is no argument of "working to skill up for it", just working for it for no reason.
    They are making it so that gears primary stats change to your activated spec, so been in cat your armour will have agi on, but swapping to balance, that agi will turn to hit. The secondary stats from what we know do not change tho, so while it solves the issue on a very casual level, a lot of us raiders will not care for this feature, unless by some miracle they make all 4 specs use similar secondary stats, which I highly doubt will happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Moosie View Post
    My feral gear can be used in guardian spec, but it's no where near optimal. it will get me by in things like LFR, Flex, and maybe even 1-2 normal bosses, but using it in a HC raid would never be acceptable.
    I play Guardian main spec, but sometimes I have to use my kitty DPS off spec (even in heroic). Seven pieces of gear I use for both guardian and kitty spec - this means some reforges and gems are slightly sub-optimal, but I can generally keep up with the rest of my raiders (well, mostly). You're not wrong, but you don't need two full sets of gear for kitty/bear off specs, even in heroic, is what I'm saying.

I logged out in my kitty spec, if you want to see the slightly schizophrenic gemming/reforging.
    Last edited by Blencathra; 2014-02-11 at 10:28 PM.
    Blencathra <Hexx> - Guardian Druid - Chamber of Aspects

Deleted
    I solved this problem, I have 2 druids, one is moonkin MS resto OS, the other is kitty MS and tank OS

Quote Originally Posted by Zoydberg View Post
    I solved this problem, I have 2 druids, one is moonkin MS resto OS, the other is kitty MS and tank OS
    Beat me to it. Have another Druid.
    My Collection
    - Bring back my damn zoom distance/MoP Portals - I read OP minimum, 1st page maximum-make wow alt friendly again -Please post constructively(topkek) -Kill myself

Deleted
    No way I'm playing another character again (in a full-on way). I had a tank, a healer, a ranged dps and a farmer in cata and it was ludicrous. I felt like wow was my job and my second job at the same time. I'd rather do what is fun now. It goes together with not caring anymore about achievements, e.g. those that need no skill, take only annoying grinding, they are no fun and in general they have nothing to offer other than points that no one cares about except you.