Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    i don't like the changes they made with revamping the resource system for locks, nonetheless i feel lock is still the most fun class to play because of its spec diversity yet identical roles

Quote Originally Posted by jackvii View Post
    Really, you loved an 18 button rotation?

Yes. It required perfect execution to be successful. That added a level of difficulty to the spec, which in turn made it more fun to me.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by werdwitha3 View Post
    Yes. It required perfect execution to be successful. That added a level of difficulty to the spec, which in turn made it more fun to me.
    18 buttons didn't make it hard, and a fair few of them you only ever pressed once; the "difficulty" was largely down to getting the pull right - which was absolutely crucial to the point that anyone ninja-pulling would cripple you - after that it was all pretty straightforward 'press things in right order', which really isn't difficult regardless of how many buttons there are. It really wasn't good design to have your entire performance based basically on how well you executed the first half dozen globals. I'd argue the spec is harder, and more rewarding now with far fewer buttons than it was in Cataclysm; and I really enjoyed Demo in Cataclysm. The big difference is that you have to manage your resources and the encounter mechanics, neither were at all relevant in Cataclysm and that in turn made every fight feel very samey.
    Last edited by Jessicka; 2014-03-06 at 09:49 AM.

Pre-MoP locks were amazing, except for demo.

I understand that DoT throttling is a mechanic to avoid a very silly gameplay, otherwise it would be just spread DoT and wait for people to die.

However, DoT throttling PLUS that f.ing piece of shit called Malefic Grasp just to make our DoTs "work like they should" are too much. We don't even feel like a real DoT class because of so much throttling to make them work.

I can live with current Haunt style, but Malefic Grasp DoT acceleration is just TERRIBLE. It's annoying, makes me want to stop playing the game.

Bring back Shadow Bolt, increase out DoTs damage and get rid of Malefic Grasp.

Quote Originally Posted by Jessicka View Post
    18 buttons didn't make it hard, and a fair few of them you only ever pressed once; the "difficulty" was largely down to getting the pull right - which was absolutely crucial to the point that anyone ninja-pulling would cripple you - after that it was all pretty straightforward 'press things in right order', which really isn't difficult regardless of how many buttons there are.
    If you're hitting a target dummy, then yeah sure.

But when you're interrupted, constantly switching adds, jumping on platforms etc; you miss a beat by mistake or through bad luck you get to watch your damage tank. There's no reward for doing all this correctly, you just did more for less and if you messed it up, suffered harder than any other class.

Anyone that says that's fun probably didn't enjoy it but wants nothing more than to elevate themselves in a discussion by saying they're so awesome and everything was dumbed down on them to help 'lesser people'.