Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Marais View Post
    Will a partial tick count Starsurge procs ?
    Also, what do you guys think of the Zenith talent ? I think it could be very OP to use on trinket procs since you can almost guaranteed the starsurge proc in less than 4 seconds.
    I don't think I like Zenith.

First its channeled. Also, the only scenario where I can see this being used is when 3-6 adds need to be AoEd quickly. And even then I think Sunfall is better overall.
    Last edited by mmocc0a31611b9; 2014-03-09 at 09:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryuuki View Post
    I don't think I like Zenith.

First its channeled. Also, the only scenario where I can see this being used is when 3-6 adds need to be AoEd quickly. And even then I think Sunfall is better overall.
    I don't like it either. It looks extremely situational, more so than Genesis for restos.

Quote Originally Posted by Juvencus View Post
    I don't like it either. It looks extremely situational, more so than Genesis for restos.
    We don't know all the changes to be made in 6.0 but sunfall isn't exactly the most inspired talent idea either...

I would like a single target, clump aoe, and multi-dot talents for that tier if at all possible. I guess sunfall would be great if the splash damage came back, but still very, very boring atm.

Stood in the Fire Steve the Sloth's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    What are your guy's thoughts on resto performance come WoD? I'm considering maining either resto Druid or resto Shaman but can't make heads or tails between either right now. Shaman seem like they'll be much less affected by the cast time implementation to all healing specs but I love the play style of Druid. All of this news makes me wary of even healing but I'd love to get some hands on time with beta and experiment.

I know anything is pure speculation until we get beta, just wanna get some overall thoughts that you might have!

Quote Originally Posted by Steve the Sloth View Post
    What are your guy's thoughts on resto performance come WoD?
    Its way way too early to tell. So much is likely to change between now and WoD release that at best all you can do now is speculate as you said at the end of your post. Blizzard never aims to make a spec suck (they still stumble into it from time to time) - so best guess is that druid healing will be acceptable enough to handle the content...most likely

So far druids aren't losing much of their mobility niche (only WG instant is gone).
    Shaman weren't affected much, mostly because they didn't have many instants to begin with (they've long been a more "turret" style healer)
    Beyond that we don't really have any specifics to base things on.

Overall thoughts on the paradigm shift, if, IF, blizzard pulls it off the way they say they want to, im all for it. I personally liked the slower healing of early cata. where who you healed, and with which spell mattered alot more than how fast your latency allowed you to hit stuff at the GCD non stop. The idea of more health and more time spent below 100% health, but not near death should be good for hots in general. As long as fight encounters are designed to match the new healing paradigm, i think it'll work out. Some people wont like it as they prefer reaction time limited versus decision based, but hey cant please everyone
    Last edited by Keiyra; 2014-03-13 at 02:36 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Keiyra View Post
    Its way way too early to tell. So much is likely to change between now and WoD release that at best all you can do now is speculate as you said at the end of your post. Blizzard never aims to make a spec suck (they still stumble into it from time to time) - so best guess is that druid healing will be acceptable enough to handle the content...most likely

So far druids aren't losing much of their mobility niche (only WG instant is gone).
    Shaman weren't affected much, mostly because they didn't have many instants to begin with (they've long been a more "turret" style healer)
    Beyond that we don't really have any specifics to base things on.

Overall thoughts on the paradigm shift, if, IF, blizzard pulls it off the way they say they want to, im all for it. I personally liked the slower healing of early cata. where who you healed, and with which spell mattered alot more than how fast your latency allowed you to hit stuff at the GCD non stop. The idea of more health and more time spent below 100% health, but not near death should be good for hots in general. As long as fight encounters are designed to match the new healing paradigm, i think it'll work out. Some people wont like it as they prefer reaction time limited versus decision based, but hey cant please everyone
    I played Resto during 4.0 and only swapped to Balance in Firelands. I absolutely loved the Cata healing style. And this is coming from someone who raided hc at the time and all I could remember is how utterly boring Resto was in ICC when mana might as well have not existed. I will be taking a close look as details unfold and am really interested to see if Blizzard can really return early Cata healing without the insane gear scaling (when int gave more regen than spirit :x).
    Last edited by mmocc0a31611b9; 2014-03-13 at 04:21 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryuuki View Post
    And this is coming from someone who raided hc at the time and all I could remember is how utterly boring Resto was in ICC when mana might as well have not existed.
    WG-Reju-Reju-Reju-Reju-Reju-WG-Reju-Reju-Reju-Reju-Reju-WG-Reju-Reju-Reju-Reju-Reju-WG-Reju-Reju-Reju-Reju-Reju-WG-Reju-Reju-Reju-Reju-Reju...

But that HPS on Blood Queen!

Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post
    WG-Reju-Reju-Reju-Reju-Reju-WG-Reju-Reju-Reju-Reju-Reju-WG-Reju-Reju-Reju-Reju-Reju-WG-Reju-Reju-Reju-Reju-Reju-WG-Reju-Reju-Reju-Reju-Reju...

But that HPS on Blood Queen!
    I kinda like this rotation.... It felt like I was a dps.

It was the same on sindy too. Its really the fight mechanics that drove your healing style if i recall correctly since its been 3 years since I raided.

Just some things I like: Nourish gone: Was unnecessary since wrath and I always hated it, but I do miss 24 regrowth. Nourish was literally shoved into our rotation because they didn't want us rolling LB's only like in TBC. But rolling rejuv WG was somehow ok.

Shrooms & eff: Seriously, why is this spell baked in? Another force attempt by blizz to mandate a spell for druids we never needed. First off, this spell has zero thought involved. Set and forget at location. In PVP its complete shit. At least with swiftmend you could get a few ticks where the battle was taken place. Then they forced a glyph to make SM 20% stronger and gave the easiest aoe heal spell in game.... If this goes live, which I expect, its the biggest contradiction to all blue posts thus far regarding smart healing.

All in all, in terms of abilities I think druids are fine. I would consider only allowing forms per specialization but I think thats too big of a change that would hurt druids too much at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by morislayer View Post
    Shrooms & eff: Seriously, why is this spell baked in? Another force attempt by blizz to mandate a spell for druids we never needed. First off, this spell has zero thought involved. Set and forget at location. In PVP its complete shit. At least with swiftmend you could get a few ticks where the battle was taken place. Then they forced a glyph to make SM 20% stronger and gave the easiest aoe heal spell in game.... If this goes live, which I expect, its the biggest contradiction to all blue posts thus far regarding smart healing.
    You can use it for burst healing (Detonate) as well unlike other classes' ground healing.

I kinda like this rotation.... It felt like I was a dps.
    If that's what your dps rotation is like, how do you not fall asleep? WG, RJx5 worked, but I wouldn't call it anything but mind numbing after several weeks
    Shrooms & eff: Seriously, why is this spell baked in? Another force attempt by blizz to mandate a spell for druids we never needed. First off, this spell has zero thought involved. Set and forget at location.
    If all your are doing is setting and forgetting you aren't making using of half of what that spell is capable of. Moving its location as needed and intelligent Blooming are key parts to maximizing shrooms.

If that's what your dps rotation is like, how do you not fall asleep? WG, RJx5 worked, but I wouldn't call it anything but mind numbing after several weeks
    I dunno, seemed like fun. There was other things to worry about in those fights. Oh resto druids used to roll lifeblooms when I got into healing, so clicking two buttons was fun :/

If all your are doing is setting and forgetting you aren't making using of half of what that spell is capable of. Moving its location as needed and intelligent Blooming are key parts to maximizing shrooms.
    Try that in pvp and get back to me with your maximum results

Deleted
    WOD stats = haste-mastery-crit

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Juvencus View Post
    You can use it for burst healing (Detonate) as well unlike other classes' ground healing.
    I really only used it on things like T-Rex, otherwise mostly a prepull and forget about it. I specced eff and found it pretty effective, especially in PVP where popping ToL was always met with full duration stunlock, so I specced eff as a workaround and ended up loving it in PVE.

Quote Originally Posted by solitude View Post
    WOD stats = haste-mastery-crit
    You're forgetting multistrike and readiness.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    You're forgetting multistrike and readiness.
    Removing Swift Rejuvenation just bumped haste's value immensely. Everything else comes after that.

Why not just post in the other thread?

Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post
    Removing Swift Rejuvenation just bumped haste's value immensely. Everything else comes after that.
    Don't be surprised if you end up shunning haste entirely in WoD. It's way to early to make such assessments with any degree of accuracy.