Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    I don't know why people are against CRZ it was a fantastic addition to the game. Being able to play with friends regardless of realm was a fantastic idea and bringing the world back to life was a much needed change.

If you take issue with other people in your Massive MULTIPLAYER game then I am sorry to tell you but you are playing the wrong game. Please go back to single player RPGs.
    Aye mate

Deleted
    and what about the realms that are not yet merged ?
    can say for absolute certainty that the turning off off the technology used for CRZ would have no detrimental effect on those realms yet to be merged, Because if you cant then and those realms are effected then it would be unfair to turn dead realms into a worse condition.

Sure when all the realms are merged then they could look at the removal of CRZ, but even then would it be an improvement or a hindrance ? at the moment with CRZ you get several realms together in the world, where in merged realm only it would be just two realms. I dont think I explain how a CRZ free Merged realm would result in fewer people than a CRZ enabled realm or CRZ enabled merged realm.

you should be able to OPed out of CRZ

Quote Originally Posted by Airwaves View Post
    I don't know why people are against CRZ it was a fantastic addition to the game. Being able to play with friends regardless of realm was a fantastic idea and bringing the world back to life was a much needed change.

If you take issue with other people in your Massive MULTIPLAYER game then I am sorry to tell you but you are playing the wrong game. Please go back to single player RPGs.
    Except this tech is present without CRZ. Try understanding what you are talking about. It's clear that CRZ didn't do it's job since we are going for connected realms.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Raiju View Post
    Except this tech is present without CRZ. Try understanding what you are talking about. It's clear that CRZ didn't do it's job since we are going for connected realms.
    They have said time and again CRZ and the server merges are going after different problems.
    Aye mate

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by fernotao View Post
    you should be able to OPed out of CRZ
    I agree. Opting out would be a nice choice. Especially when you are already merged with 4 other realms.

They have said time and again CRZ and the server merges are going after different problems.
    And what problem is CRZ fixing exactly, given it offers nothing that we can't opt in to just with cross realm invites and the merged server tech.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Raiju View Post
    And what problem is CRZ fixing exactly, given it offers nothing that we can't opt in to just with cross realm invites and the merged server tech.
    The problem of that everywhere but the current content being void of people. CRZ was added to make the old zones still feel alive as they should in an MMO. Server merges do nothing to fix this because even on full realms the old zones were still void of people.

Server merges are to fix population problems at max level eg. never being able to find a raiding guild on small realms.

CRZ are to fix the problem of old zones been void of life. Which is why it is not used in current content.
    Last edited by Airwaves; 2014-03-03 at 12:53 AM.
    Aye mate

10+ Year Old Account
    The problem of that everywhere but the current content being void of people. CRZ was added to make the old zones still feel alive as they should in an MMO. Server merges do nothing to fix this because even on full realms the old zones were still void of people.

Server merges are to fix population problems at max level eg. never being able to find a raiding guild on small realms.

CRZ are to fix the problem of old zones been void of life. Which is why it is not used in current content.
    Well, the server merge also fixed the zone issue on my realm. In the RP world, people are making low level alts constantly. They should provide an OPT OUT for zones that are already full.

I like CRZ. It makes the game not feel quite as empty anymore.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Baar View Post
    No what you need is to be on a pve server. If you joined a pvp server you are only getting what you agreed to by joining it.

If you don't like random pvp don't play on a pvp server.
    I like random PvP, that's why CRZ is pretty crappy to me. Whenever I fly after someone, as soon as they enter a new zone, they disappear. I'm on a very high pop server, so I never had the need for CRZ anyways. There are tens of thousands of active players, I don't need more.

I'm sad that Sporeggar isn't a gold mine to transfer characters full with rare items anymore, but that's just a QQ matter. It's not good for the game to have servers with 5 people online on prime time. But having top 10 servers share with each other? No thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Netherspark View Post
    It always seemed to me that CRZ only actually benefits griefers.
    You can transfer to popular pvp servers and duel decent players as well as look for arena teammates. I get extra shots at rares and I can invite a friend from a pve realm to my group to avoid getting ganked on my alts.
    Last edited by worstpvperus; 2014-03-04 at 12:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Superman-BladesEdge View Post
    With the increase in merged realms, and the consistent over-population in some zones, I personally, in my own opinion, think it is time to remove CRZ. Cross realm Zones were a bandaid for a much bigger issue. Now that the issue is being addressed via realm mergers, there is no longer a need to be crossed with realms outside of our own merger.

The rubberband effect when crossing the lines is ridiculous. Trying to chase someone down for revenge is near impossible if they end up in a different CRZ. Going back to grab that rare you spotted as you flew over on a flight path is seldom, if ever, possible.

It's time to rip off the bandaid and let the freshly merged servers heal. Just my 2 cents.
    I'm sorry, but CRZ and Connected Realms are addressing two entirely different problems. On the one hand, you have low populated realms, making it difficult to utilize the AH, form guilds, and progress your character in a group setting. People still treat others badly if they aren't from a specific realm, even worse if they are from a specific realm. Being able to do things Xrealm is nice, but it's not a good enough solution to low pop realms. That's why they came up with Connected Realms.

On the other hand, you have empty zones out in the world, making the game seem like a ghost town, which is bad for the overall appearance of the game. Wow is not a single player adventure, you should not be able to go from 1-90 without seeing other people out in the world.

Connected Realms addressing the problem of low pop servers. You can visit a major city and see other people. You can join guilds or recruit people you normally wouldn't have access to. The AH is more functional. All issues that CRZ cannot address.

Cross Realm Zones addresses the problem of empty zones and not seeing players out in the world. Expecting Connected Realms to address CRZ issues (or vice versa) is to ignore the problems each one is designed to address.

The idea of CRZ would have been great, if they hadn't gutted the leveling experience and removed all of the elite mobs and actual reason for being social. The problem with CRZ is that the only benefit you really see from it is you see more people, but the problem with CRZ and questing is that you see more people. The way quests are set up now in lower level zones it actually slows you down to be around people, you want to be alone so you don't spend half your time waiting on respawns. Yes I get that we had to do that in Vanilla and TBC, but it wasn't and still isn't a ton of fun' which is why they've worked on mob tagging and respawning. Players didn't much like it then, and don't much like it now either.

Don't get me wrong, I understand the theory and why it was done, I just think the reality of it turned out to not be nearly as good as they thought it would. While it makes the game world more populated, there is nothing left in those area's to actually make it social. If they would add things back in that made me happy to see those other people floating around it wouldn't be so bad. In reality it actually makes me more anti-social because I just want them to get the heck out of my way so I can get done. I actually pray for people to die when killing a named quest mob, just so I don't need to sit around and wait on the respawn.

Edit: Btw I wouldn't consider it the worst thing they have done, that would definitely be voice chat. It was buggy, and even if it wasn't buggy the quality was such crap that you didn't want to use it anyways. Coupled with the fact most people were already used to using Vent or TS at that point, it was a complete waste of development time. It truly was dead on arrival.
    Last edited by Armourboy; 2014-03-04 at 01:20 PM.

10+ Year Old Account

That is not actually a good thing from a game design perspective, seeing as most quests in the game are designed with a single player experience in mind. The inclusion of other people in your leveling experience is oftentimes not actually beneficial. Its function entirely counters how the game was designed in Cataclysm and the only positive it brings is the entirely subjective one of "more full zones" that appeals to a niche audience.

I can see the appeal, but this kind of thing should absolutely not be mandatory.

I am hoping the connected realms will slowly show the zones are repopulating with players from those realms. Maybe if Blizz sees a large enough trend, CRZ might be limited more, and possibly removed. I would not have called it the worst implementation, but it certainly ranks in my top 5.

Cross-Realm Zones help fill the gaps that even Server Merges can not fill. 100% Disagree with you.

Deleted
    Since when "more people" playing you MMO and populating the world is a bad thing?
    You didn't play Cataclysm did you? World of Desert Warcraft

Sorry bro, you are just an antisocial playing one MMO

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowpunkz View Post
    Since when "more people" playing you MMO and populating the world is a bad thing?
    You didn't play Cataclysm did you? World of Desert Warcraft

Sorry bro, you are just an antisocial playing one MMO
    I've personally been playing since TBC. Even back then, there were dead zones. During Wrath, and 12M players, there were still only 2 people in Silithus or Thousand Needles. Even with CRZ now, these zones still only have 1-3 players in them. The only thing CRZ did successfully was quadruple the number of noobs hanging out in Goldshire, and the number of players grinding the lvl 11-16 zones to get into LFD queues. I was just doing Archaeology in Stone Talon mountains last night. I was the only person there.

Maybe CRZ should only apply to zones with fewer than 5-10 players.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Master Tinker View Post
    The only thing CRZ did successfully was quadruple the number of noobs hanging out in Goldshire, and the number of players grinding the lvl 11-16 zones to get into LFD queues. I was just doing Archaeology in Stone Talon mountains last night. I was the only person there.
    Damn, I really thought with CRZ WoW overall would be populated. LFG is such an overpowering tool to leveling -__-
    ANYWAY I remember in Cataclysm when I had attacks of Nostalgia I always wanted to level up in low level zones to socialize/make friends/ world pvp on the low level zones...and even Goldshire and Tarren Mill were totally deserted.

At least now if I make those "alts that never pass lvl 20" I can still find players in the world xD