Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowpunkz View Post
    Damn, I really thought with CRZ WoW overall would be populated. LFG is such an overpowering tool to leveling -__-
    ANYWAY I remember in Cataclysm when I had attacks of Nostalgia I always wanted to level up in low level zones to socialize/make friends/ world pvp on the low level zones...and even Goldshire and Tarren Mill were totally deserted.

At least now if I make those "alts that never pass lvl 20" I can still find players in the world xD
    Nostalgia gets the better of all of us at times. I have to remember to make sure I am not wearing my Rose-colored Goggles. CRZ was a great idea, on paper. Sadly, the leveling system has a design flaw, and after the 5th alt, the content becomes stale. People now, from what I have seen, just bulk up on heirlooms, join a 25 guild for the perks, and power rush through dungeons. In looking at their stats, they've probably cleared each Dungeon a dozen times and have 12 flight paths unlocked around Azeroth.

Until the questing content is improved, and scaled, and you can't just out level a zone, we will likely still only see the level 1-20 zones occupied and the others looking and feeling like Chernobyl.

Quote Originally Posted by Farabee View Post
    CRZ will never be removed. The real reason for its existence is to reduce the amount of server shards Blizzard has to run. They are fully aware that it has no benefit on player experience, it's simply another cost-saving measure to improve profits that are constantly shrinking.

What would be advantageous is increasing the spawn rate of "named" mobs so that they are always up, and taking Ring of Blood style quests (which are now absolute hell to complete) and giving them their own phasing for groups.

World bosses can easily be done with the "other raids" tab. It takes all of my characters about 3 minutes tops to get groups for Celestials once I join it (don't have the cloak yet for Ordos).
    So having wonderfully busy zones with lots of people to meet and group with is no benefit to player experience? Please tell me more how things that you don't like have no benefit to other people.

Quote Originally Posted by TommiTMX View Post
    So having wonderfully busy zones with lots of people to meet and group with is no benefit to player experience? Please tell me more how things that you don't like have no benefit to other people.
    Seems to me the only "busy" zones are Elwynn Forest and Westfall. After that, everyone either hangs in Goldshire, or starts dungeon grinding.

Quote Originally Posted by Nerraw View Post
    If People have a problem with other people being around them, they shouldn't be playing an MMO.
    That argument doesn't really hold water in an MMO where you'll soon be able to buy a level 90.

Deleted
    You do realize that MMO stand for Massively Multiplayer Online, right? You're not suppose to play single player here.

Quote Originally Posted by Templis View Post
    That argument doesn't really hold water in an MMO where you'll soon be able to buy a level 90.
    Yes, because once you hit 90 you are suddenly alone and don't play with anybody else. /facepalm.

Quote Originally Posted by Soulus View Post
    You do realize that MMO stand for Massively Multiplayer Online, right? You're not suppose to play single player here.
    Farm - phased
    Garrisons - phased
    Old dungeons/raids - soloable
    questing - they removed most of the elite mobs which required groups
    pet battles - phased
    pet collecting - solo
    farming materials - solo
    archaeology - solo
    cooking - solo
    fishing - solo (minus the STV event)

Please, tell me again about how a Multiplayer game is not a single player experience

No, CRZ is for older zones. Which actually still feel deserted, they are not CRZed enough if you ask me... People that want the game to be deserted only to get some shitty mount easier than it was intended are playing the wrong game

Quote Originally Posted by Master Tinker View Post
    Farm - phased
    Garrisons - phased
    Old dungeons/raids - soloable
    questing - they removed most of the elite mobs which required groups
    pet battles - phased
    pet collecting - solo
    farming materials - solo
    archaeology - solo
    cooking - solo
    fishing - solo (minus the STV event)

Please, tell me again about how a Multiplayer game is not a single player experience
    Raiding
    5 mans
    scenarios
    battle grounds
    arenas

Just because there are things somebody can do by themselves doesn't mean that it is a single player game.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Marema View Post
    Raiding
    5 mans
    scenarios
    battle grounds
    arenas

Just because there are things somebody can do by themselves doesn't mean that it is a single player game.
    None of those have anything to do with Cross-Realm Zones. What they add to the game is an incredibly subjective sense of "wow more people to look at while I try to do things fast."

I feel an opt-out is still the best option to satisfy everyone. It honestly baffles me why this wasn't been included for a feature that has such a radical and widespread impact on the game. WoW's consistently moved away from a "one size fits all" model of gameplay because the devs realise that the playerbase is incredibly diverse in terms of what they want out of an MMO.
    CRZs are no exception in that respect. They can't just be blanketed over every server and left there for everyone to deal with whether they like it or not. Similar cross-realm grouping features such as LFG and LFR are fantastic additions precisely because they are *optional*, and cater to a specific type of player. I personally feel that those two are a couple of the best things ever added into WoW, while CRZs are one of the worst, purely because of the lack of control we have over them.

Seems to me the only "busy" zones are Elwynn Forest and Westfall. After that, everyone either hangs in Goldshire, or starts dungeon grinding.
    Even if the other zones aren't bustling, they have more people than they would otherwise, an that is positive.

Quote Originally Posted by Giscoicus View Post
    Even if the other zones aren't bustling, they have more people than they would otherwise, an that is positive.
    You likely missed my post about being the only person in Stone Talon mountains last night. I was one of three people in Silithus. The other two were bots farming rep by killing Twilight NPCs over and over. CRZ should be limited to the "less popular" zones that need the boost. Popular zones already get enough traffic from their connected/merged realms.

Quote Originally Posted by Marema View Post
    Yes, because once you hit 90 you are suddenly alone and don't play with anybody else. /facepalm.
    That isn't what I said. This topic is about CRZ, which as has been mentioned, primarily affects low level zones. You can't use 'MMOs aren't for you' as a retort to not enjoying leveling because there are too many players when the developer of the game itself offers a service to overcome that issue.

10+ Year Old Account
    The aspects of CRZ that still bug me are the increased competition over ore and herbs as well as the respawn frequency of rares and quest mobs.
    I thought it was stated the frequencies would be tuned up a bit with the increased populations (linked servers and CRZ's) but it still seems barely over what it was prior to the whole process implementation. If they'd increase mob respawns and resource nodes then I'd be ok with the whole process itself.

Monsem - Shadow Priest / Halimath - Prot Paladin / Groundchuk - Elemental Shaman
    [/SIZE]

10+ Year Old Account
    if you dont want to get ganked - dont level on a pvp server.

CRZ is an awesome feature.
    Hi

personally i hate CRZ. its terrible for gathering professions(even though they changed the ghost iron ore and panda herbing thing) and lvling is bad too. im not talking about the ganking part. thats fine. im talking about the going to do a quest, and find everything to be dead and the spawns being camped by multiple people. that gets annoying.

10+ Year Old Account
    Crz will mostly be used to fix low populated areas such as leveling zones, and faction imbalance in an area from what I know ...

Quote Originally Posted by Baar View Post
    CRZ was developed for older zones, not newer ones. Which is the reason it wasn't enabled in Pandaria.
    heh. thats odd. I ran into a crz player farming in the known sweet farm spot the DAY mop was released.
    There is no Bad RNG just Bad LTP

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Skorpionss View Post
    Crz will mostly be used to fix low populated areas such as leveling zones, and faction imbalance in an area from what I know ...
    Elwynn and Westfall are flooded, yet most zones above lvl 20 are pretty empty even with CRZ. It would seem most people are grinding dungeons or pet battling. I don't see much use for it anymore.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nostalgia gets the better of all of us at times. I have to remember to make sure I am not wearing my Rose-colored Goggles. CRZ was a great idea, on paper. Sadly, the leveling system has a design flaw, and after the 5th alt, the content becomes stale. People now, from what I have seen, just bulk up on heirlooms, join a 25 guild for the perks, and power rush through dungeons. In looking at their stats, they've probably cleared each Dungeon a dozen times and have 12 flight paths unlocked around Azeroth.

Until the questing content is improved, and scaled, and you can't just out level a zone, we will likely still only see the level 1-20 zones occupied and the others looking and feeling like Chernobyl.
    I would have to agree with this sentiment.