Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by z4x View Post
    I LOL'ed so hard. Ranged control? Ranged damage? wtf are you talking about?

Rogue has more ranged damage than pvp specced (uh) DK (shuriken > DC by a mile, and can be spammed)
    Blind, sap > DK "ranged control"
    Are you trolling or actually serious with that?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Skeetzgaming View Post
    We've always had bad mobility, but we make up for in damage.... Mind you i'd trade some damage for mobility!
    PvE Deathknights wanna have a word with you......

Quote Originally Posted by Darkfriend View Post
    Except DPS.
    ehhhhh im gonna disagree. Beast mastery is very strong in pve, and hunters are currently the most ridiculous class in PVP at just about everything including damage

Let's see here Death Knight's in PvE (frost/UH/Blood) I'm Mainly Blood/Frost Pve & UH/Frost for PvP)

Blood: Sure we Suck at Mobility (that why Disc priest give's us Feather's/Body and Soul 60% run speed) and it's a must for DA/DG after! (Sure we cant Charge/Leap/Blink)
    Frost: Mobility PvP-Target's get away? (HOW AND WHY!?!?!?) *Let me guess you waste DG?* Ok I've Never had a Problem with Mage's, Locks, HUNTARDS! or Priests.
    My Reasons? (Mage fights? Ok what happens when you DG a mage? they either Blink or Ice block right? (Ur DG is useless and they are far away Correct?)
    ok, you don't DG as an opener Without a Macro/Chillblains (first HB, And then ur DG macro!*/Cast DG /Cast CoI /cast DC (Stole Blink lawlz!)
    same with other classes super easy! lol

UH?: Pet leap/Stuns? pet Charge/Stun? DG? Chains(4sec root with Chill Blains talent?) etc.

All around I don't see the problem? (some people just need to look up some Macro's or Reroll and Stop QQ'ing and getting DK's nerfed (Blizz need's to leave us ALONE!)

In my Personal Opinion: DA should be replaced and be a passive ability and put something else there. But that's just a Blah!

For PvE, i'd love a glyph that reverses death grip. So instead of pulling the target to me, i'll pull myself to the target.

10+ Year Old Account
    Make chilblains baseline for Frost DKs and allow us to choose between death's advance, asphyxiate, and a third option. I'd be pretty happy with that for PvP.

Either that or remove a few of the billion and four snare/slow removal and immunity effects that many classes have on fairly short CDs...

As for a PvE gap closer, perhaps make it so Death grip could increase your run speed for a few seconds if you use it on an enemy that's permanently immune to Death grip's movement effect.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Deleted
    Give deathknight undead mage pet

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    Make chilblains baseline for Frost DKs and allow us to choose between death's advance, asphyxiate, and a third option. I'd be pretty happy with that for PvP.

Either that or remove a few of the billion and four snare/slow removal and immunity effects that many classes have on fairly short CDs...
    I would love to make DA, AMZ and purgatory baseline, then we have a free tier, and we just move modifications for death advance in there, something in the lines of the first warrior tier, chillbains should be a frost baseline, no other spec can really use it

Quote Originally Posted by Basso View Post
    I would love to make DA, AMZ and purgatory baseline
    This x 100000000000. If we don't have stronger defensive CDs (compared to other classes) at the very least, give us baseline Purgatory.

Chillblains should not be baseline. Snares are completely out of control now; every spec has them and most are applied passively. Might as well just slow everyone by 50% the second the PVP flag comes on.

Same goes for run speed increases. Everyone thinks they need them, and bitches when they don't have them. The total homogenization of PVP is ruining it in my opinion. Too many snares, too many roots, too many stuns, too many incapacitates, too many disarms, silences, etc. This proliferation of "utility" spells just reduces the importance of them and dumbs down the game so much because strategically avoiding/interrupting/preventing them doesn't matter; you will just be hit with another version one second later.

And in PVE, utility means exactly squat if your DPS is good. If DPS isn't good then a spec may need more utility spells to stay raid viable, but again that is a problem with shitty DPS and not really shitty utility.
    Last edited by Skarssen; 2014-03-03 at 04:17 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Skarssen View Post
    Chillblains should not be baseline. Snares are completely out of control now; every spec has them and most are applied passively. Might as well just slow everyone by 50% the second the PVP flag comes on.

Same goes for run speed increases. Everyone thinks they need them, and bitches when they don't have them. The total homogenization of PVP is ruining it in my opinion. Too many snares, too many roots, too many stuns, too many incapacitates, too many disarms, silences, etc. This proliferation of "utility" spells just reduces the importance of them and dumbs down the game so much because strategically avoiding/interrupting/preventing them doesn't matter; you will just be hit with another version one second later.

And in PVE, utility means exactly squat if your DPS is good. If DPS isn't good then a spec may need more utility spells to stay raid viable, but again that is a problem with shitty DPS and not really shitty utility.
    Frost DKs can literally have TWO hard CCs, both of which come at the expense of other talents, one of which preempts their only potential snare or speed boost and the other of which is easily negated by any class which can remove a basic slow effect. Almost all other classes have baseline hard CC, and often more than one form, that doesn't come at the expense of things like movement speed boosts or snare/slow pressure.

Sure, there are slows and snares aplenty in PvP, but DKs are NOT huge perpetrators of their mass existence.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Skarssen View Post

Then make it a glyph it just suck to have a talent that 2/3 of the specs cant really use.....

But as far as the blue post goes we will got some more spec based talent so i hope it will be a frost only talent then.
    Last edited by Basso; 2014-03-03 at 07:01 PM.

Just re rolled to dk and I have no problem with applying pressure from a distance. Uh dk is almost too good at applying pressure to casters. They definitely don't have a problem with mobility imo.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Drenan View Post
    Just re rolled to dk and I have no problem with applying pressure from a distance. Uh dk is almost too good at applying pressure to casters. They definitely don't have a problem with mobility imo.
    Unholy DK from distance ? yeah about 4-5 death coils then your runic power and pressure is gone....
    its the same for frost you can do a few howling blast and then its waiting until you runes are back....
    Last edited by Basso; 2014-03-03 at 07:42 PM.

The fact that we can arrive at a target eventually by holding w doesn't mean that a lack of mobility isn't a problem.

I really think other classes are just too mobile. It's an arms race between classes like Monk, Mage, Warrior and Hunter. For each new stun or gap closer/opener it feels like the others need and get new tools to stay competitive. DKs already have a lot of Cc immunities and death grip is innately a strong ability because it brings the enemy to you that it's hard to give us more; especially because of how fast a DK can drop someone if they a clean window to tee off.

I hope WoD goes a long way in trimming some of the insane mobility and snares/snare breakers even if it means we lose a little bit of our anti-CC ability. That'll help us in the long run and probably make us less frustrating to play. Really I think we are at a good level, the other classes need toned down. Not us brought up.
    My style is rich, dope, phat; in which we'll bake a cake today that looks rich.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zynx View Post
    I really think other classes are just too mobile. It's an arms race between classes like Monk, Mage, Warrior and Hunter. For each new stun or gap closer/opener it feels like the others need and get new tools to stay competitive. DKs already have a lot of Cc immunities and death grip is innately a strong ability because it brings the enemy to you that it's hard to give us more; especially because of how fast a DK can drop someone if they a clean window to tee off.

I hope WoD goes a long way in trimming some of the insane mobility and snares/snare breakers even if it means we lose a little bit of our anti-CC ability. That'll help us in the long run and probably make us less frustrating to play. Really I think we are at a good level, the other classes need toned down. Not us brought up.
    Well said. I think there are two ways to go about this. We know they are trimming CC from classes, and wanting to trim mobility down for casters (Which is great). But if all that doesn't pan out, and they leave it similar to how it is now. We will be in the same issue.

I can't speak for other specs but UH is more than fine. Damage and control are very strong.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tlaloc View Post
    Well said. I think there are two ways to go about this. We know they are trimming CC from classes, and wanting to trim mobility down for casters (Which is great). But if all that doesn't pan out, and they leave it similar to how it is now. We will be in the same issue.
    Trim the mobility from HUNTERS!

I really have no trouble sealing kills on proper casters as a DK. Hell, Death Knights practically eat Warlocks for breakfast.

It's hunters with their insane mobility, control, AND damage AND CC AND immunity effects AND a CD reset that need the "toning down."
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    Trim the mobility from HUNTERS!

I really have no trouble sealing kills on proper casters as a DK. Hell, Death Knights practically eat Warlocks for breakfast.

It's hunters with their insane mobility, control, AND damage AND CC AND immunity effects AND a CD reset that need the "toning down."
    I guess since dk's can't own hunters we must be buffed right? Dk's absolutely own all casters and are almost just as effective against other melee. What more do you people want?