10+ Year Old Account

Spec for Gold Proving Ground

Hey all, just wanting to know if I should use Frost or Unholy for the Gold Proving Ground achievement that I'll be going for just for fun.

Thanks
    Shath'mag vwyq shu et'agthu, Shath'mag sshk ye! Krz'ek fhn'z agash zz maqdahl or'kaaxth'ma amqa!
    The Black Empire once ruled this pitiful world, and it will do so again! Your pitiful kind will know only despair and sorrow for a hundred thousand millennia to come!

I did gold as DW Frost. For Endless, I couldn't make it very far as DW Frost (round 10, iirc). I switched to Unholy and I got up to 37 rounds no sweat. Unholy is definitely the easier spec.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MagmyGeraith View Post
    I did gold as DW Frost. For Endless, I couldn't make it very far as DW Frost (round 10, iirc). I switched to Unholy and I got up to 37 rounds no sweat. Unholy is definitely the easier spec.
    Will have to try this, Gotten to 36 as frost, had to do alot of planing with cd's etc for that though. How did you gem for it?

Got endless as 2h frost with the wrong meta and my standard raid gear back when it was released. Just plan your cd's well and you'll be fine.

15+ Year Old Account
    UH is ridiculous in PG. Diseases just obliterate almost everything.

Quote Originally Posted by Lamelight View Post
    Will have to try this, Gotten to 36 as frost, had to do alot of planing with cd's etc for that though. How did you gem for it?
    I didn't change a thing from my DW Frost gear, so it was all Mastery/Str Mastery. My trinkets weren't great, nor was I using a Meta...Easy as UH, for sure.

Deleted
    Yeah, when I did it I had mastery gems as DW frost - didn't want to bother with regemming for str, which would be stronger at lower gear. For gold you'll be fine with any setup, but to make it easy for yourself just go unholy as has been suggested.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by 3DTyrant View Post
    Hey all, just wanting to know if I should use Frost or Unholy for the Gold Proving Ground achievement that I'll be going for just for fun.

Thanks
    I was able to do it as 2h frost a while back whichout much duress. Just plan your CD usage for the beefier mobs and save things like AOTD for the big sha guys. Also, be aware that you don't have to use the enrage buffs on the wave they appear; you can save them for the more difficult waves.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by 3DTyrant View Post

Thanks
    Unholy with the Pestilence Glyph is very nice, because you reach all mobs from the center with your diseases. With Chilblains alone you get very easy banana waves too.
    Wave 1-9 are just Pestilence fun and runing around amber bolts. And for wave 10 you only need to keep both buffs on the ground and use them back to back with Gargoyle+Army+UnholyFency+Dark Transformation.
    -