Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Surfd View Post
    "Something of this Magnitude"? What exactly are you talking about?. I imagine the idea has recieved so little attention because 90% of the people who read it realise that it is pretty much barely though out drivel that you slapped into a text box and hit "post" on. As such, they simply ignored it and moved on. The fact that you seem to think you have made some kind of stunning revelation of immense proportions just makes it all the more hilarious to most of us.
    Most people avoid long posts, as reading is a selective chore. Besides, it only seems to bother a handful of you people. Not sure why you still come into these threads and reply at all.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Anzen View Post
    Can't say I believe this thread was made for serious discussion.

My thoughts:
    Well, it would seem I have a fan. Though teenagers with photo editing software is hardly impressive.

On Topic: If you hate these threads, you could always do the adult thing and not post in them.

Light comes from darkness shise's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The base of an MMO game is to level up in a raw world and to raise your stats in order to become stronger.

Sorry but I want to keep with such basic idea. Or else I'd play something else.

Quote Originally Posted by Superman-BladesEdge View Post
    They are not mutually exclusive. His opinions about the game are based on the nostalgia of a game with a design flaw. Given the chance, I would wager a month's pay he would revert everything back to Vanilla/TBC, just the way it was, and call it an improvement.
    Thats a preference, not nostalgia. I see the "rose tinted glasses" line come up on MMO-C sometimes, and most of the time its used badly. (like now)

And yes, when comparing Ammo to Leveling they ARE exclusive. Your wanting to remove leveling isn;t about a quality of life issue, its about you not wanting to leevel and wanting it removed. The problem with Ammo was it was so over the top. When you literally have to fill your bags with ammo multiple times in one raid, thats a design problem. Its not really comparable to leveling.

Most people avoid long posts, as reading is a selective chore. Besides, it only seems to bother a handful of you people. Not sure why you still come into these threads and reply at all.
    Most people avoid long posts because they want to spend their time reading something meaningful. Since the vast majority of long posts tend to be nothing more then the ramblings of idiots who post the first though that pops into their heads as if it was an enlightening truth, without actually bothering to fully think out what they just posted about, we generally skip them because we know the time would be better spent elsewhere. Case in point, the original post you made here. It reads like a short novel, and has about as much actual content as a twitter post.

As to why I bothered to post in the thread. Because I pretty much only needed to read the Title, let alone skim your grand revelation, to instantly know how dumb the idea you were talking about was, so I decided to share the fact that your idea was dumb as hell. Nothing more to it really. If you had actually thought this through for more then 30 seconds, I might have actually had something constructive to say.
    Last edited by Surfd; 2014-03-04 at 12:27 PM.

Maybe rogues would like to go back to farming the mats to make the poisons to carry around and apply to their weapons. While we're at it, let's make mounts take up a bag slot again. No more mount tab to access your mounts. you keep your favorites with you.
    i'd love that. and you're assuming too much.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think a better idea would be to remove the characters.
    You just log in and free roam the environments, you join raids, click the boss frame and get a .jpeg of the loot downloaded to your pc.

I like the idea, with some changes ofcourse. Not all you said would work as well as you might think BUT there is a potential to make your idea into a great game. Having said that I like wow as it is and dont want it to change in that way at all, and there are people who would agree with me. Its would be awesome to see a game sort of like that but you would still need stats of some sort.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Musty View Post
    I like the idea, with some changes ofcourse. Not all you said would work as well as you might think BUT there is a potential to make your idea into a great game. Having said that I like wow as it is and dont want it to change in that way at all, and there are people who would agree with me. Its would be awesome to see a game sort of like that but you would still need stats of some sort.
    I am always open to suggestions and restructuring. My main goal was just to get the blood pumping to the brain and search for alternatives.

Go play "The Secret World". It's an mmo without any leveling, been thinking about giving it a shot soon.

10+ Year Old Account
    Remove Character Levels and Gear Stats
    Nooo... that's like the game world equivalent of removing job titles and pay raises. How are my characters supposed to feel like they've succeeded at all in life. lol

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by OzoAndIndi View Post
    Nooo... that's like the game world equivalent of removing job titles and pay raises. How are my characters supposed to feel like they've succeeded at all in life. lol
    I think of it like Star Trek. No need for money since everyone just does their part. Same thing here. No need for levels as long as you are doing what you wanna do

10+ Year Old Account
    sounds like a completely different game.
    a 5 page thread isnt really "getting blood pumping for alternatives"
    Chaos! Madness! Like a hug for your brain!¯\(°_o)/¯
    Quote Originally Posted by Alpheus View Post
    People doing below 200k dps? Ain't nobody got time for that.
    Quote Originally Posted by smartazjb0y View Post
    Why? Why should content be gated behind skill?
    14/14h and finally done

GW2 works kinda like that, i like it
    I dont think it fits wow though

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Redpanda View Post
    sounds like a completely different game.
    a 5 page thread isnt really "getting blood pumping for alternatives"
    Well, that is your opinion and you are certainly entitled to it. I expected it to fall off somewhere around page 2 with all the talk about GW2. Honestly, it was just a suggestion. But, please fee free to express your opinion and say if you object and why. Sometimes, an idea is not ready for retirement until it has been shown it's just not fitted to the current archetype. I certainly welcome opinions as to why it might not work, or if other games have tried it and it failed. Mocking one of my comments is hardly constructive.

All this game really needs is for ilvl and achievements to not be viewable by other players, and for things like LFD and LFR removed.
    'Words do not win wars. That is a tragedy.'

WoW is fantastic the way it is. No thanks with this nonsense.

Wow, not a single rebuttal. Maybe I should email this idea to Blizz.
    The lack of a rebuttal does not imply that the idea is universally blessed. In my case it's more a matter of, "If you can't say anything nice don't say anything at all." Why, after spending ten years building a game that centers exclusively on gearing as the carrot that accompanies the raiding stick, would Blizzard ever chuck the entire premise of its game? Especially when that ten-year-old declining game is still far more successful than any other MMO out there.
    Quote Originally Posted by CandyCotton Marshmallows View Post
    People need to get over the gear color (and themselves). It doesn't matter, and it shouldn't matter what other players have either. Worry about your damn self. Live your life by that. If you want to concern yourself with someone else, then worry about HELPING them, not putting them down or making sure you stand out as better than them.
    Maybe the game would be better with more low DPS nice guys and fewer high DPS jerks? -- Ghostcrawler, Twitter, 6/29/13

I agree with you about everything, but I think this is too drastic for a game already in existence. For a new MMO... absolutely.

Quote Originally Posted by ro9ue View Post
    I agree with you about everything, but I think this is too drastic for a game already in existence. For a new MMO... absolutely.
    I think they're slowly shifting the game towards this direction, but there's a good deal of systems in place that interfere with dropping levels & such entirely, sadly.