Poll: Should 1% Secondary Stat Racials be removed

Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Remove the 1% Secondary Stat Racials

-Edit- This discussion is focused on Racial Theme. This is not about effectiveness in gameplay, rather that it is a lackluster thematic and mechanical replacement for Weapon Masteries. The topic is about the removal of 1% Haste or Crit racials --

I don't see the point in keeping 1% secondary stat racials when they aren't doing anything to making each class seem any more iconic or diverse. It adds no gameplay, and is about as rewarding as the non-optimal gems in your set to keep a socket bonus.

I think if they are going the route of retuning racials, they should address it properly and add racials that actually provide a bit of gameplay. Even the 2% movement speed or 1% to primary stat racials that NE and Draenei are getting seem more interesting; but 1% haste to this class and 1% crit to that is nothing a Gem couldn't replicate.

The racials in question that I think should be removed are Human Spirit, Touch of Elune, Nimble Fingers and Arcane Acuity. They should be replaced with something less transparent than a 1% Haste/Crit boost, and with more theme tied to the races. Worgen and Goblins are possibly the exception, since Haste/Crit has been a thematic inclusion from the beginning.
    Last edited by Thimagryn; 2014-03-01 at 09:00 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    You could at least offer other suggestions.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Have to agree that small percentages are boring. Isn't that why they got rid of the old talent tree? Better to give each race a unique spell or even proc.

The racial changes are so that players dont just rush to one Race/Faction specifically because they have a better Racial that performs higher. It will still happen, but its so players feel less forced to be a Troll or an Orc to raid and get the best out of their class.

10+ Year Old Account
    I vote all racials be cosmetic so everyone is on equal footing.

Quote Originally Posted by Treeskee View Post
    you mean like humans getting maskara?

I have to agree, 1% seems like nothing. Especially once stats get squished, I mean 1% of our current like 14k+ stats is at least something. But after the stat squish 1% will be almost nothing.

Will be virtually unnoticeable. Which is nice I guess, cause your race shouldn't matter, but it's kind of pointless to put it in in the first place.

Quote Originally Posted by Treeskee View Post
    This is what needs to happen. I've never even been able to play my favorite races because they've never been the best. Getting everything out of my character matters to me more than cosmetics, and it's a pretty big shame I can't just play the race that I think is the coolest.

Quote Originally Posted by Mozu View Post
    This is what needs to happen. I've never even been able to play my favorite races because they've never been the best. Getting everything out of my character matters to me more than cosmetics, and it's a pretty big shame I can't just play the race that I think is the coolest.
    You can.. you just choose not to.

Quote Originally Posted by Gephyrophobia View Post
    You can.. you just choose not to.
    As I said, performance matters way more to me. In order to take the races I want, I'd need to take a hit in effectiveness. To me, that's pretty silly.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    I wish they would replace them all with 25% secondary stat racials. That way, the hardcores would have to race change several times a week, and would FINALLY be paying their fair share for all the content 99% of the players can't even get to.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mozu View Post
    As I said, performance matters way more to me. In order to take the races I want, I'd need to take a hit in effectiveness. To me, that's pretty silly.
    Like you for example.

Quote Originally Posted by Rucati View Post
    I have to agree, 1% seems like nothing. Especially once stats get squished, I mean 1% of our current like 14k+ stats is at least something. But after the stat squish 1% will be almost nothing.

Will be virtually unnoticeable. Which is nice I guess, cause your race shouldn't matter, but it's kind of pointless to put it in in the first place.
    Except we're not dealing with 1% of primary. We're dealing with 1% Crit or 1% Haste.... Which on gear is rating. Which means 1% is 1% regardless.
    Even if it were to cost 35k rating to get 1% crit, or 500 rating to get 1% crit... you get 1% crit. It's the same -something-
    Quote Originally Posted by Bahumut5
    I don't want to call Boubouille and wake her up for something like this.

Bad news, bro. 1% of old stats and 1% of new stats will be equivalent. One will not be larger, relatively, than the other.

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    You could at least offer other suggestions.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thimagryn View Post
    they should address it properly and add racials that actually provide a bit of gameplay
    What else would you suggest?

Deleted

I am guessing you have no idea how percentages actually work?

learn to math please
    www.twitch.tv/xchrispottertvx
    Officer in the World First Guild Method.
    We are recruiting any exceptional players who want to play at a World first level.
    www.method.gg
    Currently playing healer (Resto Druid main).

10+ Year Old Account

Sorry what? 1% over the length of a boss fight is a massive difference.
    Aye mate

I personally love this racial..

10+ Year Old Account
    I've never been really passionate about the racials debate, but I do like the new changes. The 1%'s are boring, but I'll still be the race I want to play regardless of racials. A small boost isn't worth playing something I don't want to play.

10+ Year Old Account

1% is always 1%.