Poll: Should 1% Secondary Stat Racials be removed

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Gyyn View Post
    Have to agree that small percentages are boring. Isn't that why they got rid of the old talent tree? Better to give each race a unique spell or even proc.
    Blizzard didn't make money from people changing their talents for 1% more crit tho.
    Hi Sephurik

Quote Originally Posted by Rucati View Post
    I have to agree, 1% seems like nothing. Especially once stats get squished, I mean 1% of our current like 14k+ stats is at least something. But after the stat squish 1% will be almost nothing.

Will be virtually unnoticeable. Which is nice I guess, cause your race shouldn't matter, but it's kind of pointless to put it in in the first place.
    Uh what?? Do you know how combat rating works? It changes every level so we dont reach 1000% haste after an expansion lol

@ level 90 we need 450 haste rating = 1% attack/casting speed, after the stat squish if its level 80 values then we only need 33 haste rating = 1% attack/casting speed lol.

So 1% now IS 1% on any level or whatever they squish our stats into
    Last edited by Yizu; 2014-03-01 at 09:15 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Combat racials in general need to be removed. IF AN ADVANTAGE EXISTS, PLAYERS WILL PICK THAT RACE. For example,.Tauren and Dwarf just became really desirable for classes that crit often (ele sham for example) because they get a 2% crit damage boost. Berserking was only nerfed 5% and will continue to be macrod to other cooldowns, which contradicts Blizzard saying they don't want players to be stacking cooldowns.

Racials should be only cosmetic. These combat racials add next to no flavor. We need more racials like Rocket jump, darkflight, voodoo shuffle, etc..
    HEROES NEVER DIE

I think this is a great idea. I can't wait to get that extra crit bonus dmg on my boomkin

10+ Year Old Account
    i agree they are incredibly dull and boring, but its either that or op racials like berserking...

Well the 1% stat increases are there to deal with not wanting the more interesting on demand racials homogenization. While 3% move speed can be a performance increase it falls more in line with movement enhancing abilities like a sprint or rocket jump that can then be leveraged for performance boosts, but as a passive. While passives can be boring there are also players who like passives over on demand abilities and having multiple races get a sprint is or a form of rocket jump seems lame. Primary stat boosts only seem more interesting because primary stats tend to be more powerful so in turn you perceive them as more interesting, but in the end are budgeted to be about the same and are passives.

So as some others have said lets have some ideas OP. Personally I got none at the moment and would rather deal with some boring passives to equal the playing field over on demand offensive abilities than get various forms of the same ability. Better yet remove them all if people are going to fuss about it.

@normie: really you are going to throw some BS casual vs hardcore hatred in this thread.
    Last edited by nekobaka; 2014-03-01 at 09:36 PM.

Racials like Command, Beast Slaying, War Stomp, Diplomacy, Epicurean, Shadowmeld, Gift of the Narru, etc. Are all INTERESTING racials. Although I think Command needs to be changed since not every Orc class utilizes pets, which seems to be their over all goal with changing racials so that every class can benefit from them.

It's these type of things that add flavor to the race you pick. They stated they wanted to go down the route of Golbin, Worgens, and Panderean, and it seems like it's just being lazy by just tossing out % stat increases out and not actually putting more into it.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Krazzorx View Post
    Which would be 1 boss and 1 phase of 2 bosses out of tons of MoP content. Sure is a ton of exclusive content all for them.
    Gisquishicus seems to think that LFR and Normal/Heroic modes "don't even compare." So it seems to me, if she/(he?) is right, there is indeed a ton of exclusive content for us allegedly gameplay-challenged.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think they should change some of those new "1%" racials into things like 1% multistrike, readiness, or mastery. I like the 2% extra critdamage/healing however.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.

Quote Originally Posted by nekobaka View Post
    Well the 1% stat increases are there to deal with not wanting the more interesting on demand racials homogenization.
    Except it's not dealing with it at all, and is homogenizing the concept of Racials by no longer making them exclusive to one race. Multiple races sharing a 1% Haste or 1% Crit mechanic is not exclusive or different. By itself, a 2% Crit Damage/Healing racial is very cool, but the problem is they're sharing it between Dwarves and Tauren, making both kind of the same. They're both tough races, but they should be tough in different ways.

Like others have mentioned, many of the active abilities are very unique and make the races play differently. No other Druid plays like my Night Elf, because I have Shadowmeld, and I can use that in many different ways to save my ass like as a last-ditch 'feign death' or to cloak in PVP. Any two races sharing a racial no longer makes it unique, even if it's exclusive between Horde/Alliance, it's still overlap.

As a suggestion?
    Human Spirit: +1% Mastery
    Touch of Elune: Cast down a beam of light in an area, providing X% regeneration over Y seconds. Day = HP, Night = MP/Rage/etc
    Nimble Fingers: Reduce the cooldown of your next spell by X% up to Y seconds

Arcane Acuity: Dealing damage stores X% damage as a Mana Coil, Activate ability to unleash Mana Blast
    Brawn-> Bull-Headed: Active ability reducing Stuns, Slows and Roots by X% for Y% duration
    Last edited by Thimagryn; 2014-03-02 at 08:09 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Thimagryn View Post
    Except it's not dealing with it at all, and is homogenizing the concept of Racials by no longer making them exclusive to one race. Multiple races sharing a 1% Haste or 1% Crit mechanic is not exclusive or different. By itself, a 2% Crit Damage/Healing racial is very cool, but the problem is they're sharing it between Dwarves and Tauren, making both kind of the same. They're both tough races, but they should be tough in different ways.
    While I agree that no two races of the same faction should share similar bonuses, I can see where Blizzard is going with two races of different factions sharing similar bonuses. It's about balance and if bonuses differ across the board, the racial bonuses become exactly how they used to be (i.e. imbalanced). One faction should not be better than the other based on racial bonuses.

10+ Year Old Account
    racials should be fun e.g

Gnomes - [The bigger you are]
    Due to the size of tiny size of Gnomish armor your repair bills are 50% cheaper than that of a tauren.
    Hi

Quote Originally Posted by Normie View Post
    Gisquishicus seems to think that LFR and Normal/Heroic modes "don't even compare." So it seems to me, if she/(he?) is right, there is indeed a ton of exclusive content for us allegedly gameplay-challenged.
    Its not exclusive, though. You're allowed to do that content if you want.

Should we get rid of berserking and blood fury as well? They just add to button bloat or get married into cooldowns.

Quote Originally Posted by Moon Blade View Post

Worthless for anything under level 80, utterly useless, overpowered.

needlessly complicated, easily juked.
    And this is why I generally don't like giving 'suggestions'. No one would be satisfied unless the Blizzard stamp was applied to the mechanic. Even if I suggested Touch of the grave by mechanics, you'd have something negative to say.
    Last edited by Thimagryn; 2014-03-02 at 10:25 AM.

Deleted
    I would barely even mind all racials completely removed.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Normie View Post
    I wish they would replace them all with 25% secondary stat racials. That way, the hardcores would have to race change several times a week, and would FINALLY be paying their fair share for all the content 99% of the players can't even get to.

- - - Updated - - -

Like you for example.
    Anyone can get to the highest level, not Blizzard's fault you suck or don't have the time, that's your problem. You have your content and they have theirs.

I agree with having cosmetic racials, something fun to make the races stand out, but not power related. I've always played Night Elf because I'm not going Worgen to look like shit, I want the advantage but I prefer having my character look good more. Some people don't play like this and it's understandable because they want the dps buff. There will still be one race that is better in WoD, and that's what you'll see the most of (although probably just in the hardcore crowd, but still).

Quote Originally Posted by cityguy193 View Post
    Keep it for an expansion, and even buff the not so played races passive boosts higher even. Let the race numbers balance out in the population. Then by next expansion, make all racials cosmetic.

If I could, I would buff the racials of Tauren, Dwarves, Gnomes, and Goblins even more so we can see more of them.
    Well, more people play Alliance than Horde at the moment but only by a slim margin.

I think what you mean to say is that Alliance need more representation in the end game scene, especially on US servers, of which I'm much more in agreement with. I would love for Alliance to have more competitive players move over to balance the PvP out, especially.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm still waiting on a race with +mining speed. Because why the f*ck not?

Quote Originally Posted by Thimagryn View Post
    -Edit- This discussion is focused on Racial Theme. This is not about effectiveness in gameplay, rather that it is a lackluster thematic and mechanical replacement for Weapon Masteries. The topic is about the removal of 1% Haste or Crit racials --

I don't see the point in keeping 1% secondary stat racials when they aren't doing anything to making each class seem any more iconic or diverse. It adds no gameplay, and is about as rewarding as the non-optimal gems in your set to keep a socket bonus.

I think if they are going the route of retuning racials, they should address it properly and add racials that actually provide a bit of gameplay. Even the 2% movement speed or 1% to primary stat racials that NE and Draenei are getting seem more interesting; but 1% haste to this class and 1% crit to that is nothing a Gem couldn't replicate.

The racials in question that I think should be removed are Human Spirit, Touch of Elune, Nimble Fingers and Arcane Acuity. They should be replaced with something less transparent than a 1% Haste/Crit boost, and with more theme tied to the races. Worgen and Goblins are possibly the exception, since Haste/Crit has been a thematic inclusion from the beginning.
    king of agree with you. fuck balance. each race should have something that makes it special. who cares if the top one percent of players would choose to play only one class to get it done in a couple of weeks? nobody.
    There is no Bad RNG just Bad LTP