10+ Year Old Account

What do you think of the honor buffs to bgs? Hotfix

Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    We’ve recently taken another look at the rate of Honor gains in various Battlegrounds, and have concluded that current Honor gains in several Battlegrounds are too low. To that end, we’ll be making several changes to the way that Honor bonuses are rewarded in those battlegrounds, as follows:

In Arathi Basin, Battle for Gilneas, and Eye of the Storm, we’ll be increasing the frequency at which you’ll be rewarded bonus Honor based on the points your team has earned. Currently, you earn bonus Honor every 260 points (or 200 if that battleground is the current Call to Arms) in these battlegrounds. As a part of this adjustment, we’re going to lower the number to 130 (or 100 during Call to Arms).

We’re also making a similar change to Silvershard Mines. Currently bonus Honor is earned for every 265 points (or every 160 if Silvershard is the current Call to Arms). After the change, you’ll earn bonus Honor every 200 points (or 130 during Call to Arms).

Warsong Gulch and Twin Peaks are getting a slightly different treatment. Because these matches tend to take longer than the above Battlegrounds (which directly affects the rate at which you earn Honor from playing them) we wanted to make some changes to speed them up a bit. To do this we’re going to apply the Focused Assault debuff 1 minute after both flags have been picked up, which is 2 minutes earlier than it does currently. Once it’s begun to apply, it will continue to increase at the current rate of 1 stack every minute. On top of that, we’re adding a new bonus at the end of the match: For every flag you prevent the opposing team from capturing (so, every flag under 3), you’ll earn 18 extra Honor.

Lastly, in Strand of the Ancients, we’re doubling the bonus a team earns for destroying a gate (or preventing it from being destroyed).

These hotfixes are currently in production, and will be applied as soon as they are ready. We’ll have an update in the official Hotfix blog once they’re active. We look forward to seeing you on the fields of battle!
    http://blue.mmo-champion.com/topic/2...r-adjustments/

Great change. I might actually do bgs now if its significant enough. Its stupid that currently the best way to gear for pvp is to pve.
    Last edited by Chickat; 2014-03-01 at 01:44 AM.

Too late for me since I only have one more char to gear and will be done before the hotfixes. But a nice change for those still on honor farm. The honor from BG:s is absolutely dreadful compared to doing 5mans and converting JP to honor.

10+ Year Old Account
    Lore just confirmed its only honor, and not reputation thats increased, but i figured that anyways.

You know what would be a great way to get people into more bgs. Letting them grind rep through hks with a tabard.

15+ Year Old Account
    No changes to av/tok then?
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

Already have full honor gear. Won't change much since Ally almost always loses too.
    Quote Originally Posted by kbarh View Post
    may i suggest you check out wowwiki or any similar site, it's Grom that orders the murder of Cairne

Doesn't really help much honestly. Heroics will still be significantly faster for honor grinding than BGs are. They'd have to nearly double honor gained in BGs to make them worth doing, otherwise just doing random heroics will yield far more honor.

Quote Originally Posted by Rucati View Post
    Doesn't really help much honestly. Heroics will still be significantly faster for honor grinding than BGs are. They'd have to nearly double honor gained in BGs to make them worth doing, otherwise just doing random heroics will yield far more honor.
    Pretty much, I have no idea what BGs that Lock on the second page is doing but the only BG that comes close to dungeon farming (1000-1250 Honor an hour) is AV during AV CTA, which even when you're losing works out at like 1.1k-1.6k, depending on how many wins you squeeze out of your majority losses. For me it was like 1.3k honor per hour, winning around 30%.

Its a good change for sure. I've been thinking the honor gain was too low for a while now. They should buff Bg Xp while they are at it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah BGs do need a big exp buff >.>. And as for honor, definitely need a bigger return. Glad to see it's happening...

10+ Year Old Account
    A winning bg should grant like 250 base honor plus what you would normally get. First win of the day 500 honor. Losing bg always grants 100 honor plus what you would normally get. Winning a battleground now grants you experience equal to 10 quests your level. losing grants you experience equal to 3 quests your level.

I think the global buff help the afk/botters and encourage them.

How are people using Dungeons for honor grind? Just converting JP to Honor? I thought that was a 2:1 ratio. Must be out of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Prag View Post
    How are people using Dungeons for honor grind? Just converting JP to Honor? I thought that was a 2:1 ratio. Must be out of it.
    It is, 500 Justice for 250 Honor.

But it's significantly faster than BGs still. Every boss in heroics gives 120 Justice, and most heroics have 4+ bosses. But even say you're getting 400 per heroic, it takes about 5-10 minutes to clear them, so say 10 minutes to make it easier, in one hour you can clear 6 heroics and get 2400 Justice, or 1000 Honor. But you'll get more, because I underestimated both the amount of Justice you can get and how fast you can clear it. In reality it's more like 3000 Justice an hour, which is 1500 Honor.

There's simply no way BGs can compete without increasing the honor gain substantially.

Quote Originally Posted by Rucati View Post
    It is, 500 Justice for 250 Honor.

But it's significantly faster than BGs still. Every boss in heroics gives 120 Justice, and most heroics have 4+ bosses. But even say you're getting 400 per heroic, it takes about 5-10 minutes to clear them, so say 10 minutes to make it easier, in one hour you can clear 6 heroics and get 2400 Justice, or 1000 Honor. But you'll get more, because I underestimated both the amount of Justice you can get and how fast you can clear it. In reality it's more like 3000 Justice an hour, which is 1500 Honor.

There's simply no way BGs can compete without increasing the honor gain substantially.
    I just tried one...

I'm so salty at the number of wasted hours in BG's over the last few weeks. Not that it really got to me but aoe'ing heroics and THEN going into random bg's with gear would have been so much more fun.

Thanks for the info!