Deleted

Fury or arms for leveling 85-90

Hey

Should i use fury or arms when leveling from 85-90 and when i hit 90 and doing pve what spec should i then choose?

And do you guys have any good guides to the specific spec as i have had a long break

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Ill keep it short. Arms for leveling and Arms for quite some while after. Rotation is easier, it is not as crit dependent and allows sustained high AoE output as well. Switch to Fury after you reached a decent Itemlevel.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I've done nothing wrong. I'm not the one with the problem its everyone else that has a problem with me.
    Quote Originally Posted by MilesMcStyles View Post
    I don't care that other people don't play the content that I enjoy.

Arms, definitely. The AoE is a lot better for leveling and the damage is relatively stable compared to Fury's unpredictability. I think at one point while leveling I had less than 15% crit chance, which makes Fury virtually unplayable.

As for guides, check the stickies. Both great hives of information, as well as the guides on http://www.icy-veins.com/

Deleted
    Okay thanks

This makes me curious. Say you have 2 of the 471 archeaology onehanded swords; would arms still be better with the 450 2hander? or would fury be best in that case?

Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by elfox View Post
    This makes me curious. Say you have 2 of the 471 archeaology onehanded swords; would arms still be better with the 450 2hander? or would fury be best in that case?
    Stay Arms Fury relies on crit alot more yes the sheer weapon damage from higher ilevels is nice but Fury is way too crit dependent i wouldnt start going fury till your pushing Siege LFR

Deleted
    its true that arms are better alot of the way - and that fury becomes better when you have enough crit. however, its a matter of taste - a well played arms warrior in endgame (siege) are better than a fury warrior whos new to fury....
    arms can also be usefull in siege, and tbh its a matter of your playstyle and your preferences - so play that spec that you like

Both are possible, but for me Arms did the higher burst damage due to Colossus Smash constantly resetting its cooldown. So that's another point in its favor.

Sweeping Strikes is really nifty for AOE, too. Kinda wish the Arch polearm had been given a strength equivalent but the agil one is useful enough too.

10+ Year Old Account
    Arms.

Leveling as Fury is like kickboxing with all four of your limbs amputated.

Max-level Fury at low crit levels is like kickboxing with 2 legs, but your arms are still amputated.

Quote Originally Posted by elfox View Post
    You should use the 471 agi spear for arms.

Arms for everything under item level 545 if you want to dps and don't want to tank.

Level irrelevant.

Deleted
    arms is for the lower gear better