Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bernardblack View Post
    You're playing a video game, you expect to do well as soon as you start? Before this topic turns into another nerf CC/class/spec, just please, please, do a little bit of homework... what is with players these days just expecting everything to be accessible? You're supposed to be terrible at it when you start, you're also supposed to learn... these sort of topics just kill me every time.
    I don't know, I've been a large PvP player ever since the game came out but even to me a giant death ball of crowd control is the most demoralizing thing ever. It's the sole reason I hate this expansion.

Gearing up for PvP is the easiest it has ever been

Remember the time when getting conquest weapons required Ratings and there being two teirs of weapons?
    Today u could just win 10 Arena Games or even less if u run 1 BG per day to get ur easy Conquest Weapons

As for the OP get geared
    By the time ur in full Grevious with 2-3 Prideful Pieces u will have a much more easier time in BGs

Also u cannot expect to just jump into PvP without Gear and expect to perform well

10+ Year Old Account
    There is a lot of good advice in this thread but if the OP is still around I might be close to being in the same boat.

I haven't PVP'd much in WOW (my highest honour kill count is 6500 on my priest that I no longer play) and my current toon I'm focusing on is my ele/resto shammy. First of all once you get the 4 piece 522 plus a weapon (weapon and shield for us) it gets much better. Yes you still get focus'd and chain cc'd but remember to drop those totems often, HST, HTT and Spirit Link which will heal while you are CC'd. If you can survive the first 30s of the initial clash then you almost have free rain to pump out those heals. And always, always, always stay with your group.

Other healers do have it a little better than us when it comes to PVP as far as instant casts go (resto druid and MW monk especially) but our cds are huge and if given the chance we can pump out some impressive heals.

Last bit of advice, queue for both BGs and Dungeons at the same time and convert those JP into HP and you'll have the 4 piece plus a pair of trinkets in no time.

Quote Originally Posted by Dookles View Post
    You are next to useless until you have current gear. I'm not exaggerating; when I fight someone in tyrannical gear it's like they're not even level 90.
    Lol I recently leveled my ele shaman from 85-90 and equipped a set of timeless isle gear. I stepped into a temple bg and rapidly became depressed. My lava burst was critting for 35k. Healing surge does maybe 10k. I had a feral druid mow me down through a stone bulwark, shamanistic rage, and healing tide.

My consolation is knowing it won't suck once I at least have honor gear. I would probably stop pvping if I was new and didn't know what proper gear would do.

It is a rude awakening for new players. My spells did more damage in the 85-89 bracket than they do currently. I might actually do the heroic dungeon farm for honor conversion.
    Last edited by dwightyo39; 2014-03-07 at 03:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by dwightyo39 View Post
    Lol I recently leveled my ele shaman from 85-90 and equipped a set of timeless isle gear. I stepped into a temple bg and rapidly became depressed. My lava burst was critting for 35k. Healing surge does maybe 10k. I had a feral druid mow me down through a stone bulwark, shamanistic rage, and healing tide.

My consolation is knowing it won't suck once I at least have honor gear. I would probably stop pvping if I was new and didn't know what proper gear would do.

It is a rude awakening for new players. My spells did more damage in the 85-89 bracket than they do currently. I might actually do the heroic dungeon farm for honor conversion.
    this is because base resilience goes from 40% to 77% from 1-89 to 90

Quote Originally Posted by Lulbalance View Post
    lol.. shaman you can kill with an offensive dispel and a quick tabbing finger ^^.
    Yeah but even if you manage to not kill them (hah, reroll) within a few minutes, he'll still be out of mana after those few minutes, because he's forced to give up 75% of his mana regen, or he'd die even quicker.

Quote Originally Posted by Illana View Post
    this is because base resilience goes from 40% to 77% from 1-89 to 90
    I know. Just saying if I was new to pvp it would be a shocker to go from dealing decent damage (relative to opponents hp) to dealing less damage one level later while getting hit like a truck from geared players.

10+ Year Old Account
    You should try something more organized, such as rated battlegrounds, arenas or even a premade random battleground. Having a more coordinated team of players is a lot more fun than the zergfest of random battlegrounds. The reason being is when you're in the situation you describe of being in constant crowd control, allies are there to peel for you. You can score a premade group pretty easily using and addon called oQueue or even using Openraid.us

Hope this helps