Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    I originally suggested to Celestalon (back in the 5.1 era, on Twitter) that they reduce crit amplitude in PvP to 150% because it was causing RNG one-shots at 200% and was annoying to PvE'ers (I still hear the echo the fire mage Dai in my head screaming at HC Elegon.

I then expected them to nerf the other stats to come in line.

I never ever dreamed that they'd be silly enough to even suggest a split like this. ESPECIALLY considering they have recently stated that haste is also too powerful, followed by them stating they don't want to split PvE and PvP more. Truly ridiculous.
    Last edited by Ishayu; 2014-03-11 at 01:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Voisier View Post
    So instead of specs gemming full crit they gem full int/agi/strength instead....what's the problem here?
    Forget gemming. The problem is item budgets and how some classes rely on crit to function yet taking crit will effectively be a nerf in PvP.

We had this problem in tBC as well where they also decided to split crit chance and amplitude in PvE and PvP via resilience. That didn't work. It still won't work.

Deleted
    Easiest solution to preventing crit rating from being inferior and crit based specs losing more dps in pvp then non crit based ones would to simply let crit be 150% in pve to and balance the stat and specs according to that, i have no idea how they plan to balance out pve and pvp if its a different value.

Quote Originally Posted by Voisier View Post
    So instead of specs gemming full crit they gem full int/agi/strength instead....what's the problem here?
    I guess the problem would be that int/agi/str can't be gemmed in WoD.
    Quote Originally Posted by kbarh View Post
    may i suggest you check out wowwiki or any similar site, it's Grom that orders the murder of Cairne

I never ever dreamed that they'd be silly enough to even suggest a split like this. ESPECIALLY considering they have recently stated that haste is also too powerful, followed by them stating they don't want to split PvE and PvP more. Truly ridiculous.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oAKG-kbKeIo ;]
    All you say Ishayu is true and this is my concerns as well.

I even could somehow understood them throwing such a bad badaid (split crit modifiers) via some major patch or something to save PvP as such big change without further adjustments would just destroy PvE for some specs, but what stands against doing it the right way between expansions? I don't know, it makes totally no sense. It is a perfect to throw in such a change and then adjust scalling/itemization/whatnot around it. Done. No problem at all without further adjustments that need to be done this time with different crit modifier specify in PvP.

Then you wonder why PvP in this game is in such a bad (liquid sht) shape.
    I know "dis be PvE game mon!" but they claim to this day (and even give some very sligh indications) that they also care for PvP as this is PvP game too.

As been said before 150% crit modifier in PvE would mean smaller crits but more often. I can't see it as a bad thing. More steady damage/healing is always a nice thing to have and this is true in both PvP and PvE to some extent at least.

This is like a no-brainer and obvious solution at first look.... appearently not for BLIZZard.

Stat weights are being adjusted with the squish. This also means that classes that are currently crit dependent (Fury Warriors as an example) will actually value other stats that normally get passed up, like Haste.

This is also one of the ways they plan on lowering burst. And what classes are currently bursty? That's right, crit dependent classes. You're also going to lose some CCs, you're also going to lose some "Swifty" macros due to consolidation of CDs. And currently we have no idea what's planned other than tweets, which isn't much proof. Complaining without any actual numbers other than the 150% crit modifier isn't helping any. Once 6.0 and Beta start kicking in, we can discuss further, til then, speculation without anything to actually go by doesn't help or prove anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Shapeduz View Post
    They said that to compensate for lower crit dmg they will make it so that u do more steady dmg, so classes that crits alot today will have better steady dmg i guess. Hope it will work. On another note pvp wud be so much better by just taking away the cd from dispels again...
    The way it was worded made it sound as if they weren't compensating classes that rely on guaranteed crits.

how will the 150% crit affect crit heavy classes like mages, warriors and ele shamans?
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Their sustained damage will feel higher relative to their burst damage. (holinka)
    To me that just sounds as if they are saying that your sustained will just feel higher because of critical hits being lower.

I suppose it's how you read it.