10+ Year Old Account

Resto BiS list for PG

I have looked everywhere and have not been able to find a BiS list for Resto for proving grounds. If anyone could help, I'd appreciate it. I'm in the process of making one, and if anyone wants to contribute, I'll give credit when I post it.

Quote Originally Posted by Treeroy Jenkins View Post
    I have looked everywhere and have not been able to find a BiS list for Resto for proving grounds.
    Probably because you shouldn't need one. Resto druid is the easiest spec to get Proven Healer as. It's not hard enough to warrant spending time chasing BiS gear for. That time would be far better spent practicing and/or looking up what mobs appear in each wave and planning cooldowns accordingly. Once you get the hang of using Fae Silence (glyphed), Mighty Bash and Typhoon to interrupt the casters, there's not all that much to actually heal.
    Diplomacy is just war by other means.

10+ Year Old Account
    I should have included that this is also for CM's too.

Quote Originally Posted by Alltat View Post
    Probably because you shouldn't need one. Resto druid is the easiest spec to get Proven Healer as. It's not hard enough to warrant spending time chasing BiS gear for. That time would be far better spent practicing and/or looking up what mobs appear in each wave and planning cooldowns accordingly. Once you get the hang of using Fae Silence (glyphed), Mighty Bash and Typhoon to interrupt the casters, there's not all that much to actually heal.
    Don't need to interrupt even, 2-3 treant charges and the efflo shroom and just brute force your way to 30, probably get 40 by accident too if using cds well enough

I should have included that this is also for CM's too.
    The BiS for CM and BiS for Proving Grounds is going to be quite different.

For Challenge modes you are going to want to have as little spirit as possible since the Klaxxi Amber makes mana a non issue. So your stat Priority will look like 3k haste breakpoint > Mastery > Crit > Extra Haste > Spirit, unless going for better times.

For Proving grounds it's similar but you will need a healthy amount of spirit to sustain you through the 10 waves, especially if you are going for the 30+ waves.

10+ Year Old Account
    Still, none of these responses accomplish what this thread was meant to accomplish. I'm not interested in your philosophy of why I dont need a BiS list, save that for another thread.

If you have gear suggestions to contribute, then make them, otherwise don't comment and move along to another thread. Do not derail the thread..

Daydreamer posted some pertinent comments and I would hardly consider them a derailment, some gratitude as opposed to chastisement would probably not go amiss.

I hadn't really given this any thought before I just dropped my tier for offset pieces I had in my bag and reforged the stats to my liking. I'm sure some people would find a list of use but my concern would be that the items are going to be too hard to attain to make it worth the effort for the majority of players.

Why don't you post the list that you have put together so far, I am sure that there are people here that would know of items that may be better than what you have got.

Clearly non such list exists.

Look for gear with haste, mastery, and spirit. Crit is a big nono.

The more gem slots the merrier.

If two items has equal amount of gem slots, prioritize items with fewer RED slots. BLUE and YELLOW can both be filled with 320 offstat, which is stronker than 160 primary / 80 primary + 160 offstat, which is what you'll end up putting into RED slots.

no setbonuses work, nor does legendary gems, but I think the legendary cloak is still viable, as its stat budget is probably higher (read: PROBABLY) than the other cloaks at that level.

shouldnt take you much more than half an hour, really.

use the wowhead item search function. put items "WITH intellect", "WITHOUT crit", and "WITHOUT hit". pick based on whichever has most gemslots really. 3043 haste cap will probably be reachable regardless how the stat distru looks on your gear; because of gems, enchants and reforge.
    ^ I agree with this.

Int gems will be stronger than mastery gems at 463 ilvl

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    From what I been reading is that you aim for 3k haste and for the rest you focus on Mastery and obviously want gear that have the most sockets because those are not scaled by any means. For example the Neck from Lei shen has 2 sockets which is the best for PG's. When it comes to Trinkets you want to use Horridon's Last Gasp and Darkmoon Trinket.

Still, none of these responses accomplish what this thread was meant to accomplish. I'm not interested in your philosophy of why I dont need a BiS list, save that for another thread.

If you have gear suggestions to contribute, then make them, otherwise don't comment and move along to another thread. Do not derail the thread..
    Because healing in PG has almost nothing to do with what stats you have since the difference between secondary stats at 463 doesn't make a sizeable difference to your throughput. Healing in CMs depends entirely on what times your pushing and what your group makeup is.

Spirit is actually pretty bad in PG's since you can drink every 10 pulls, and most of your healing is going to be free. Pick up and learn how to use treants, NV, typhoon, mighty bash, and fae silence. You'll want to have a strategy for dealing with every type of wave so that you can minimize the healing you have to do and mana you have to spend. If you do this right, you should never have a problem OOMing before you get a chance to drink--even with virtually no passive spirit.

As for gearing for PGs, the stat priority will look something like 3043 haste cap>.5 int>1 mastery>1 crit>1 spirit>extra haste. Since mastery, int, crit, and spirit are relatively close in value, items with more sockets will pretty much always be better. If two pieces have the same number of sockets, prioritize red sockets (1 int is stronger than 2 mastery at 463), and avoid blue sockets if you can (spirit is bad). For trinkets, I would say that the DMC and spirits of the sun provide the most value for their ilvls, as is the case for many early tier trinkets. Since it has a socket and good stats for its ilvl, the legendary cloak should be used.

If you follow these guidelines, you should be able to gain a few extra percentage points of throughput over gear that is poorly itemized. However, as some of the other posters have mentioned, the vast majority of what determines how far you get is how you play and not how you gear. Better gear might get you an extra wave or two farther. Better play, on the other hand, can net you an additional 10 waves or more.