Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Fact of the matter is no one really knows exactly how things will work. Blizz has conveyed their intentions, but not specifics. Until then, all we have is: Blizz wants the squish to change things as little as possible.
    I am the one who knocks ... because I need your permission to enter.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by LickMeh View Post
    Exactly. Old mobs/bosses will be affected aswell
    The farming won't be affected, the content will. Read.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    Nice, quote the guy who works on LoL.
    He can't spread false information, I'l take his word any day.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Black Pearl View Post
    They said you get some kind of buff to help with old content.
    That's pretty funny. I can't believe for a second old content will be completely untouched, especially when they go out of their way to give you some kind of gimmicky buff upon entering the instance. That's a pretty clear tell-tale sign to me. If things remained "the same", why would that be remotely necessary? Because they felt like making soloing easier for everyone? Don't buy that. I'll believe things are still soloable when I see it. Until then I'll be skeptical, regardless of what the blues say.
    Look! Words!

15+ Year Old Account
    I really don't know how many times they have to say it. Or how many different ways they can say it.

- - - Updated - - -

Also, from the Dev Watercooler last Thursday:

Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    In order to bring things down to a more understandable level, we'll be reducing the scale of stats throughout the game and smoothing out those obsolete spikes, so that power scales linearly through questing content from levels 1 to 85. This applies to creatures, spells, abilities, consumables, gear . . . everything. And while that means your numbers for stats and damage are being reduced by a huge amount, the same goes for creatures' health and damage output. For example, a Fireball that previously hit a creature for 450,000 out of his 3,000,000 health (15% of its health) may now hit that same creature for 30,000 out of its 200,000 health (still 15% of its health).

Deleted
    Dear lord, do people *STILL* not get the basic concept of the upcoming item squish?

You would think that someone who knows how to browse this website (including register for an account and create a thread) by now would SURELY have read the gazillion posts from Blizzard about how this will work out...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RetRumm View Post
    No it means the day before 6.0 if it takes you 5s to kill a gulp frog, the next day once the squish is enabled it will still take you 5s to kill a gulp frog.
    What if you are a 87 trying to kill gulp frogs? If it takes you 20 seconds pre-squish to kill a gulp frog at lvl 87, will it still take you 20 seconds?

I doubt it will. It might be faster, it might be slower.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.

Deleted
    How many times does Blizzard have to state whats going to happen with this.
    this thread should of been deleted right away

10+ Year Old Account
    With the squish it will be even easier than it normally would if there was no squish.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    It was mentioned that if adjusting health and damage numbers etc. isn't sufficient, they will add a scaling buff.

It's not going to change materially. And you will be level 100 so it will be easier.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Phan View Post
    How many times does Blizzard have to state whats going to happen with this.
    this thread should of been deleted right away
    Eggzactly.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's 3rd grade math people. Holy Raptor Jesus, no one person can be this dumb. The information is everywhere, how can the OP and any person confused on the matter be so oblivious.

Quote Originally Posted by Black Pearl View Post
    They said you get some kind of buff to help with old content. I still find it funny people say the squish doesn't change anything.
    I still find it funny people think all old content occurs only in instances that can be affected by a buff.

Quote Originally Posted by Sul View Post
    People quote that line quite often but leave out a very important part --the words "At max level " -- so it may be slightly more difficult until we reach 100 ( look at and interpret the graphs that accompanied the item squish info and you can see why )
    Actually with the removal of hit/expertise I bet it won't be any different while level. I know from my experience those two stats are what make it hard since you don't always hit everything and you're not hit capped against bosses usually till max level.

Quote Originally Posted by Nivena View Post
    "If it takes you 5seconds to kill a Timeless Isle Gulp Frog, it will still take you 5 seconds to kill a Timeless Isle Gulp Frog." - Greg Street
    To make it simple:

If it takes 5 seconds to kill Timeless Isle Gulp Frog at lvl 90 before squish, it will still take you 5 seconds to kill a Timeless Isle Gulp Frog at lvl 90 after squish.

Better ?

EDIT: Also everything is squished ... players, items, mobs, bosses ... etc
    Last edited by Ghitza; 2014-03-02 at 10:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Spraxle View Post
    Actually with the removal of hit/expertise I bet it won't be any different while level. I know from my experience those two stats are what make it hard since you don't always hit everything and you're not hit capped against bosses usually till max level.
    Not quite. All bosses are considered to be 3 levels higher than you if you're beyond the level cap that existed when they were released. However if you try to do something that is from a later expansion with a character not at the level cap for that expansion then they are treated as 3 levels higher than that expansion's level cap. To illustrate this: if a level 90 character attacks Chogall they need Hit and Expertise for a level 93 creature to remove special attacks from getting parried; however if a level 80 character attacks Chogall they need Hit and Expertise for a level 88 creature to remove special attacks from being parried.

I would ask if people bother to read any of the blue posts on the front page, but I suppose that is made obvious.

From the blog, also featured on the front page.

Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment

It's important to understand that this isn’t a nerf—in effect, you’ll still be just as powerful, but the numbers that you see will be easier to comprehend. This also won’t reduce your ability to solo old content. In fact, to provide some additional peace of mind, we're implementing further scaling of your power against lower-level targets so that earlier content will be even more accessible than it is now.
    Therefore no, you will not have it more difficult, in fact you may even have it easier.

Quote Originally Posted by Xeraxis View Post
    I still find it funny people think all old content occurs only in instances that can be affected by a buff.
    I find it funny when people get the answer they asked for, but still ignore it.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

Is this really a question? Of course Blizzard is tuning the health of mobs. How the fuck do you expect people to level if our power is reduced 90% while Wrath/Cata/MoP mobs keep the same health.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kekekz View Post
    Everyone hated BC, everyone hated Wrath, everyone hated Cata and everyone will hate MoP. MoP will become the new worst expansion and Al'akir or BoT will become the new "last good raid" or something stupid like that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelliak View Post
    You're now blocked. Told you I was done with you. You want to pick fights over minute details as if this is the fucking presidential debate on a gaming forum.
    Enjoy.

Quote Originally Posted by ComputerNerd View Post
    I find it funny when people get the answer they asked for, but still ignore it.
    I find it funny when someone doesn't ask a question yet someone thinks they can answer it somehow even though they can't prove it because they haven't seen it yet themselves. Of course what do you expect these days people will believe whatever they are fed.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Wildtree View Post
    It will become easier.....
    Why easier?
    Because the squish has zero impact on the overall mechanics. It's just number crunching. We do less damage, targets have less health, bringing it down to exactly what we have now too. You need 10 hits with 100k right now to kill a 1mio health mob. You'll need 10 hits with 10k to kill the mob which has then 100k health.
    And since you leveled from 90 to 100 and are farming old content, you hopelessly overpower the old content which you farm right now, even more.
    Tempest Keep mob will fall over as trivial then, like Molten Core mob falls over now.
    OMG no stop asking these useless questions. Nothing will be affected. It's all relative ffs.
    Wrong. Blizzard is going to even the gear curve, not just cut 90% of all stats on gear. It's an important difference.
    However it won't impact your ability to solo content, blizzard has stated.

Quote Originally Posted by cityguy193 View Post
    The buff is for people like you who need even more assurance that old content will be soloable. Its not needed, but it will make you shut up about killing your level 90 raid bosses and under, at 100.
    Oh yea, I need the assurance... That's totally why they would put such a buff in the game -_- Oh well, if thinking that is what makes you happy.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Airwaves View Post
    Fuck me. How can people STILL not understand it does not change anything but the amount of HP is shows you to have. You still do the same percentage of damage and nothing will change soloing wise.
    Because the explicit intention of the squish is to reduce the real difference in power between 1 and 90. Right now you've got more health than some old raid bosses. Your assumption is that the ratio between your health/damage and the old boss' will remain static; this is not the case. If it was a flat nerf, it would, but it's not that simple.

Imagine if a warrior got 1 point of strength per level. At level 60, you'd have 60 strength, and 90, 90 strength. You'd have 30 more strength than you're supposed to at the level of content, which is enough to overpower the boss. After the squish, you'll be getting 1 point of strength every 2 levels. Now at 60, you have 30 strength, and they nerf the boss' hp to match. But at level 90, you have 45 strength. That's only 15 more strength than was needed when it was current. You are at a disadvantage in real power, because the difference in power between 60 and 90 has been reduced.

If hp and strength were ratings like secondaries, it wouldn't matter, but they're static, so it does.

What they should do is make all the old bosses a level, instead of being boss level, and then implement a level differential for damage received. For every level you have on your target, you do a bonus 1% (numbers can be tuned) damage to the mob, and it does 1% less damage to you. This actually increases the perception of player power, and gives a tangible bonus to levelling, not to mention gives you a solid boost that's not as gear dependent when you want to farm old instances/areas.