Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by LickMeh View Post
    Blizzard said solo'ing old content won't be affected. So no need to worry, my child.
    It'll even become easier just like every new expansion
    If he means anything older than Mists, you're correct. If it's a Mist raid it will heavily depend on whether or not they put the debuff/buff on those too as vengeance DPS will be gone and those things have enrage timers.
    Soothing Mist:"Healing them for a minor amount every 0.5 sec, until you take any other action."
    Jade Serpent Statue: "The statue will also begin casting Soothing Mist on your target. healing for 50% as much as yours. "
    [What's half of minor?]
    "Statue casts Soothing Mist at a nearby ally for toddler healing."

pretty sure they said soloing raids would be even easier in WoD then today. Meaning ToT mount solo farming is up for grabs.

- - - Updated - - -

Hopfully sha of anger too /do want

10+ Year Old Account
    I would say that you may find a difference on a boss or two with the 6.0 patch but once you level up to 100 it would be even easier. I would expect some bosses to become even easier while some harder just because its not scaled for old content in mind. So I wouldn't worry about it once WOD is out.

This is obviously the biggest concern when doing the squish and they've already said numerous times that they'll make sure soloing is not affected.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Black Pearl View Post
    Oh yea, I need the assurance... That's totally why they would put such a buff in the game -_- Oh well, if thinking that is what makes you happy.
    What is your problem exactly?

The "conspiracy theory" dialog isn't allowed here.

If you are going to complain that something was promised and was never delivered, then please use an actual example like Dance Studio, not something that exists only in your mind.

Quote Originally Posted by Black Pearl View Post
    Oh yea, I need the assurance... That's totally why they would put such a buff in the game -_- Oh well, if thinking that is what makes you happy.
    Good you got it. You made a crap ton of posts whining about the squish and now you can shut up, and you can stop with your passive aggressive attitude. It makes you look stupid.
    Last edited by cityguy193; 2014-03-02 at 11:54 PM.
    Chronomancer Club

Quote Originally Posted by OldSnail View Post
    How can it not become affected? We assume that there won't by any big stat jumps between expansions thus bosses woul have to be adjusted as well.

Which they are, and had you paid attention to the Blog posted this last week you would know that for certain, besides what they've said at and since Blizzcon.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Sul View Post
    People quote that line quite often but leave out a very important part --the words "At max level " -- so it may be slightly more difficult until we reach 100 ( look at and interpret the graphs that accompanied the item squish info and you can see why )

You can see both graphs mirror each other.

10+ Year Old Account
    Dear mother of Raptor Jesus... it seems some of you people will only understand (and believe) this when it's actually in front of your damn eyes. And even then, some of the most cynical of you will probably still be twisting things around somehow.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tya View Post
    As a warlock, allow me to be the first to say that I get tremendous amounts of joy from watching fear pathing take you to Africa.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drayarr View Post
    Twinking is like going back to school when you are 30, just to be smarter than the other kids.

Quote Originally Posted by Adramalech View Post
    Dear mother of Raptor Jesus... it seems some of you people will only understand (and believe) this when it's actually in front of your damn eyes. And even then, some of the most cynical of you will probably still be twisting things around somehow.
    You're the type of player Blizzard loves; the type that will believe whatever they feed you.

If your fireball hits for 10k now, and Arthas has 1,000,000 health...

then your fireball will soon hit for 1k, and Arthas will have 100,000 health.

Or whtvr I suck at math. It's the same ratio. Only things above level 60 will be affected.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xeraxis View Post
    You're the type of player Blizzard loves; the type that will believe whatever they feed you.
    Do you actually have anything relevant to say, other than spooky conspiracy theories and attacks?

Gee, I believe something that makes sense, is plausible and is very likely to be true. Stone me to death because I'm "buying into big bad Blizzard's lies".

Instead, do tell me: why in Pete's name do you think they're lying about this?
    As a warlock, allow me to be the first to say that I get tremendous amounts of joy from watching fear pathing take you to Africa.
    Twinking is like going back to school when you are 30, just to be smarter than the other kids.

10+ Year Old Account
    wait, you think we are believing "whatever they feed us" simply because we realize, the owners of wow (blizzard) can alter, change, modify, tune, tweak, adjust, morph, or even outright remove, any single boss ability they want at any time they want? several boss mechanics have fallen victim to these changes over the years, so that they become more easily solo-able. the squish doesnt remove blizzards access to game files to make these changes. but that some how makes us sheeple? is that what you think?
    Quote Originally Posted by ablib View Post
    I do realize that this is an internet forum full of morons, however in real life, no one questions me, people look to me for the answer, look up to me, trust me. To have dipshits on a video game forum question me, is insulting.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sinndra View Post
    wait, you think we are believing "whatever they feed us" simply because we realize, the owners of wow (blizzard) can alter, change, modify, tune, tweak, adjust, morph, or even outright remove, any single boss ability they want at any time they want? several boss mechanics have fallen victim to these changes over the years, so that they become more easily solo-able. the squish doesnt remove blizzards access to game files to make these changes. but that some how makes us sheeple? is that what you think?
    Not to mention, what kind of bloody reason do they have to lie about this, of all things? We'll be able to know it's true or not shortly after the beta becomes available. Whatever reason they could have to get us to buy the expansion without knowing about the ability to solo old content isn't valid here since we'll have the ability to check the veracity of their claims before we can even pre-order the expansion. Are people like Xeraxis expecting them to retract these changes before the game goes live just to royaly screw us up?

I swear, some people...

Do you actually have anything relevant to say, other than spooky conspiracy theories and attacks?

Gee, I believe something that makes sense, is plausible and is very likely to be true. Stone me to death because I'm "buying into big bad Blizzard's lies".

Instead, do tell me: why in Pete's name do you think they're lying about this?
    I don't think they're lying but to assume there will be no issues and then to assume that Blizzard will resolve those issues in a timely manner is being rather blind.

- - - Updated - - -

Not to mention, what kind of bloody reason do they have to lie about this, of all things? We'll be able to know it's true or not shortly after the beta becomes available. Whatever reason they could have to get us to buy the expansion without knowing about the ability to solo old content isn't valid here since we'll have the ability to check the veracity of their claims before we can even pre-order the expansion.

I swear, some people...
    I don't know let's see why would a business lie about an issue they are having to those who are giving them money? It's that blind faith that shows you'll swallow anything.

Infracted
    Last edited by Lochton; 2014-03-03 at 01:14 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't think they're lying but to assume there will be no issues and then to assume that Blizzard will resolve those issues in a timely manner is being rather blind.
    But... where did I talk about the existance (or lack thereof) of issues? I'm refering to the people in this thread who seem convinced that they're not being truthful on the ability to solo old content. The people who are convinced that no matter how many times or whatever ways they explain it, that soloing old stuff will be negatively impacted.

If there are issues (which is entirely possible, as always), they'll be eventually fixed. But I don't think anyone in their right mind will claim that there can't be issues with such a big change in the whole game.

I don't know let's see why would a business lie about an issue they are having to those who are giving them money? It's that blind faith that shows you'll swallow anything.
    Yes, blind faith. That's exactly it. You took off my mask and hit the nail on the head. It's nothing but blind faith making me believe this. There's absolutely no conceivable reason whatsoever that could lead me to possibly believe this, other than a fervant, blind devotion.

How's that blind cynism treating you?
    Last edited by Adramalech; 2014-03-03 at 12:22 AM.

I don't know how many times blizzard said don't worry we're going to be able to solo everything and more once wow comes out. So really there is more evidence that it will be fine than it will not.

Quote Originally Posted by Stonecloak View Post
    I don't know how many times blizzard said don't worry we're going to be able to solo everything and more once wow comes out. So really there is more evidence that it will be fine than it will not.
    I don't believe that word means what you believe it means.

Quote Originally Posted by cityguy193 View Post
    Good you got it. You made a crap ton of posts whining about the squish and now you can shut up, and you can stop with your passive aggressive attitude. It makes you look stupid.
    At least my posts weren't filled with what you post now.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    I don't believe that word means what you believe it means.
    The creator of the game saying "X will be so" constitutes more evidence, however weak, in favor of "X will be so" than "X will not be so."

I think the word means exactly what he believes it means.

I think you are just ... at this point ... looking for attention.

10+ Year Old Account
    Only 1-85 content is getting squished so there will still be two power jumps at 90 and 100 respectively. This means cata content in WoD will be no different than WotLK content is today which is easily soloable. Any content prior to that will be even less problematic and AQ mobs will still die to a single whirlwind. People's imaginations are really getting the best of them here, every little thing will be alright.