Page 3 of 254 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    My biggest fear is not retaining the 1 sec GCD. But with the sound of things... Maybe it won't be so bad if we're not going to be relying as heavily on all the instants. Assuming that does happen, I'd hope we retain it (at the very least) in Crane Stance.

Quote Originally Posted by Keiyra View Post
    True, but maybe they'll realize this and fix it.
    For example, the first tick and every other tick grant a chi - no more randomness and you get 4 chi if you fully channel it once. (perhaps have it track actual chi ticks regardless of cast so recasting the first tick over and over doesn't grant back to back chi or something to balance it)
    They want to make Chi harder to come by if I remember correctly, so this is doubtful.

Quote Originally Posted by Lunasta View Post
    My biggest fear is not retaining the 1 sec GCD. But with the sound of things... Maybe it won't be so bad if we're not going to be relying as heavily on all the instants. Assuming that does happen, I'd hope we retain it (at the very least) in Crane Stance.

They want to make Chi harder to come by if I remember correctly, so this is doubtful.
    You can still make it harder to come by and not be random. Make it something like the old holy light with tower of radiance but allowed on anyone. This would make our rotation as of right now SM -> SM -> uplift or with rjw; RJW -> SM -> uplift.

I would not be surprised at all if they took away Soothing ticking on cast, buffed EM, and buffed the chi generation rate on Soothing to compensate. The fact that optimal gameplay is to repeatedly spam a channeled spell doesn't make any intuitive sense and they'll probably clean that up at the very least.

I believe the 1 Sec GCD is part of the Monks design as a whole, so shouldn't be gone.

Quote Originally Posted by iDrunkenheal View Post
    You can still make it harder to come by and not be random. Make it something like the old holy light with tower of radiance but allowed on anyone. This would make our rotation as of right now SM -> SM -> uplift or with rjw; RJW -> SM -> uplift.
    I think the holy paladin approach is the way to go... you can get holy power 5 ways and there is no rng involved.

We have more chi generators than paladins have holy power generators, but ours either are rng or take tons of mana.

Pretty sure we could settle for equivalent

Holy Shock => Renewing Mist
    Holy Radiance => Spinning Crane Kick
    Crusader Strike => Jab
    Judgement => Expel Harm
    Divine Light/Flash of Light on beacon target => The Spell we miss/Surging Mist on soothing mist target

Do we really need more than that? Well, if we have more heals that use mana instead of chi, that seems like more than enough.. and we still need that "greater heal" type of heal for tank healing, especially if they remove healing sphere.

Then again, waiting for that healing blog post, and we'll see.
    Karuzo | Drainlife, US-Arthas
    Mistweaver Monk - armory - twitter - raider.io - twitch

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah I don't think they will make Soothing generate instantly on cast because then it would only inflame the current style of spamming the Soothe button, which is the polar opposite of what they're trying to engineer for MW for WoD.

It's strange to realize their original intent was for the spec to be channeling non-stop, after the turns it took over MoP Beta and the 5.x patch progression.

I do like the idea of Soothing Mist as the healing equivalent of SPriest Mind Flay, though. You just kind of cast it instinctively when you have nothing else to do, then break it the second you do have something better to do.

Quote Originally Posted by Spotnick View Post
    Then again, waiting for that healing blog post, and we'll see.
    Sadly I'm waiting for leaked Beta patch notes, since I have a sinking feeling the "healing blog" will basically be a list of simplistic bullet points telling us what we already know about their overall healing plans from Twitter. >.<

I think CT said as much in a Tweet to someone disappointed with the last post... something like "You're disappointed because you're looking for patch notes, but we're giving philosophy".
    Last edited by Lovestar; 2014-03-05 at 05:51 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by iDrunkenheal View Post
    Definitely how I'd prefer it since we have enough rng going already. I just meant channeling Soothing and ending up with full Chi is unlikely.

Quote Originally Posted by Manu9 View Post
    I believe the 1 Sec GCD is part of the Monks design as a whole, so shouldn't be gone.
    It definitely is, but if Chi is going to be harder to come by they're either going to have to slow us down a bit and/or give us some more mana with no Chi gen spells / mana with rng Chi gen spells and we've already got the latter.

Hopefully that still makes sence to me later today and makes sense to you guys >.> I'm tired and it sounds good in my head.
    Last edited by Lumiair; 2014-03-05 at 06:20 PM. Reason: Better wording

Definitely how I'd prefer it since we have enough rng going already. I just meant channeling Soothing and ending up with full Chi is unlikely.

It definitely is, but if Chi is going to be harder to come by they're either going to have to slow us down a bit and/or give us some more mana with no Chi gen spells / mana with rng Chi gen spells and we've already got the latter.

Hopefully that still makes sence to me later today and makes sense to you guys >.> I'm tired and it sounds good in my head.
    Detonate Chi baseline would actually be perfect in that regard, and AoE mid-range heal that costs mana but generates no chi.

Well, Detonate Chi is pretty much same as mushroom explosion, but with a potentially larger radius.

It sure will be interesting, question to know is why have Revival if we have that and will they change Revival.

Quote Originally Posted by Totaltotemic View Post
    I would not be surprised at all if they took away Soothing ticking on cast, buffed EM, and buffed the chi generation rate on Soothing to compensate. The fact that optimal gameplay is to repeatedly spam a channeled spell doesn't make any intuitive sense and they'll probably clean that up at the very least.
    They need to remove the RNG component to Chi Generation via Soothing, especially if they remove our other guaranteed forms of chi generation. Randomness dictating if you can get a heal off at the right moment or a second later is pretty horrible design for a healer.

Only reason we SPAM soothing is due to a design flaw in how that spell operates. You get a chance at a chi on initial cast, plus 1 every second thereafter. If you don't generate a chi, your chance to generate chi next time is increased. So if you hit soothing while already channeling soothing, you'll typically get 2 ticks within a half second of each other, and the increased odds doesn't reset when you start a new channel (afaik). Remove the RNG portion of it, make it so it doesn't tick right away for chi generation, and that problem is solved.

Yeah if they really want Soothing to be the main chi generator it needs to be something simple like every 2 seconds spent channeling generates 1 chi (reduced by haste?!). The RNG thing was always dumb and putting in bad luck protection didn't change that, not sure why they thought it would.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Affiniti View Post
    They need to remove the RNG component to Chi Generation via Soothing, especially if they remove our other guaranteed forms of chi generation. Randomness dictating if you can get a heal off at the right moment or a second later is pretty horrible design for a healer.
    It is incredibly frustrating, especially when tank healing (in solo situations). I get that it's 'part' of MW but it's not a comfortable part.

ReM and Expel and Chi Brew being the de facto talent choice and T30 having its Chi cost removed all help to heavily cover up how bad relying on Soothing Mist feels. But thanks to me being somewhat ignorant, I recently spent a lot of time relying on SM almost exclusively for Chi before the forums helped straighten me out. From that experience, I am not looking forward to a SM-heavy style mechanically until they fix its generation patterns.

If EM expires and the tank is getting hammered and I've gone an entire bloody channel with only 1 Chi (that's a lot of wasted time and it's disturbingly plausible), then I basically have to either burn my second Chi Brew (earlier than intended, on something trivial) or hemorrhage mana into Surging for no other reason than to heal the tank normally.

It feels like playing my Pally, except if the tank is getting hammered and Holy Shock is on cooldown, I have to spam Flash of Light > Eternal Flame because Divine Light doesn't exist.

Or... I can just mash the SM button, and pretend it's not a channeled spell and put my EM up within half the time (or better). It's like if Pally had a 3rd option, "Cancel-cast Holy Light after 0.5s and you get 1 HP free 50% of the time. ENJOY!"

Because EM is so expensive, simply 'pooling' Chi doesn't really work, that's the other frustrating part. If SM was random like it is now, but I could reliably keep a single EM 'banked', I wouldn't mind nearly as much since a bad string of RNG would just mean using up my banked EM Chi.

But trying to save an EM means you have only 1 Chi of breathing space (because I'm not aware of any talent that's not Chi Brew) and nothing except TFT to dump 1 Chi on. Capping Chi is significantly worse than nearly anything else right now IMO so you've got 2 choices: channel Soothing and 'waste' on Uplift while the tank is getting hammered (but EM is active) or channel Soothing and spend on EM early (in which case your 1 Chi may not grow back into 3 Chi by the time EM expires).

I'll be honest, this is actually fun and somewhat exciting in an isolated world of just Monk healing. It becomes less fun when you encounter damage patterns that are balanced around 5 other healing specs that press a button and get a guaranteed result after a guaranteed time window for a sustainable amount of resources.

Or put another way, it's a fun mechanic until someone dies not because you didn't know what spell to use, but because you were screaming "MAKE A CHI!!!!" at the top of your lungs and SM didn't hear you.

I think that's what Surging is meant to fill — bad RNG with Soothing ticks means you just Surge once or twice and let Mana Tea fix the damage. But ugh, deliberately nuking someone with an expensive Flash Heal when it's not necessary at all just rubs me wrong as a healer, haha. And it's not something you can safely do more than rarely — Surging destroys your Mana, even with all the crazy regen Monks have atm.

10+ Year Old Account
    The healing sphere change doesn't bother me, other than fights like Immerseus, I rarely drop them manually anyway.

I am not in favor of having Mana Tea nerfed. On high damage fights, or fights with a lot of burst damage, we can quickly drain our mana pools, and it's nice to have stacks of Mana Tea to recuperate.

Fistweaving is already broken. It's entirely different then what it was when MoP hit and I hate it. There was something very enchanting about having a melee healer and it was awesome to dps AND heal. Once ToT hit everything changed. I'm not sure that Blizzard really knows what they want out of Mistweavers, or if fistweaving ended up being a total failure? I do think it needed some changes since it was really OP, but they went from one extreme to the other.

In part I think they do need to change the dps to heal aspect just a bit (okay makes me sound hypocritical but hear me out). Mainly to stop healers that think they can just spam smites or kick the boss in the face to generate heals. The point is that you should/can dps to heal during low damage, and then switch to healing when it's really needed.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Spotnick View Post
    But it's so pretty!! It's all that should matter!
    I love Disc priest for their pretty spells (in part). I also think arcane missiles are beautiful

I'm optimistic about healing and fistweaving stances. I wouldn't have a problem flipping back and forth a few times over the course of a fight. I like the style of fistweaving at times, so even if the dps numbers goes down that's okay. It's fun looking at meters, but the reason I enjoy it is because it's fun. I get to look at high numbers when I'm WW.

My one concern is fistweaving mana. I'm guessing they'll address it somehow. I don't want to think about fistweaving without the legendary meta gem and obviously we won't continue using that.

I'm very curious to see in which stance will Crackling Jade Lightning be useful.

1.5 second cast on Uplift. I literally just spit coffee on my monitor...

yup - wth - I dont think we have the full picture yet but this coupled with no healing spheres sucks major ass. whats next revival with a 10 second cast time?

http://blue.mmo-champion.com/topic/2...lthy-gameplay/
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment

Druid
    Wild Growth (Restoration) now has a 1.5-second cast time.

Monk
    Uplift (Mistweaver) now has a 1.5-second cast time.

Paladin
    Eternal Flame and Word of Glory now each have a 1.5-second cast time when specced Holy.
    Light of Dawn now has a 1.5-second cast time.

Priest
    Cascade, Divine Star, and Halo now each have a 1.5-second cast time.
    Prayer of Mending now has a 1.5-second cast time.

All of these changes taken together are intended to make gameplay more consistent between PvE and PvP, and invigorate healers with more dynamic gameplay.
    Last edited by Avada Kedavra; 2014-03-07 at 03:23 PM.
    “What was God doing before the divine creation? Was he preparing
    hell for people who asked such questions?” - Stephen Hawking

15+ Year Old Account
    I was just coming here to post the exact same thing, I was like seriously WTF

We love pvp don't we when it screws up pve AGAIN like that?

*sigh*

Edit: also realized how much this will nerf healing on the move.
    Last edited by Spotnick; 2014-03-07 at 03:33 PM.

Deleted
    Haste best stat till 1 sec uplift?