Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Holy DPS in flex (with parse

Here is what I have so far. I still have a ton of mastery. With better items and a dps trinket, should be closer to decent dps.

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r.../?s=730&e=1024

Deleted
    Can do about the same as disc /shrug

I mean, it's cool they made healing specs viable for doing dailies etc but they still aren't even close to performing at a DPS level (except holy AoE on malkorok! )

If you can do that as disc I would love to see it. I never have seen a disc even break more than 100k. I hear about it all the time but never seen it. I think a Holy dps can be valuable. I was 3rd on dps and 3rd on heals. No it's not amazing in an single area but when you add up what it brings on all aspects it is more than amazing.

Sorry but whats the point? Other than fun and lulz that is
    Why would you have a Holy "dps" instead of a proper dpser (maybe with a raid cd if your healing department struggles)?

Deleted

This would be used to drop down a healer to up overall raid dps. The Holy priest will still have lightwell, divine hymn, Powerful Halo heals and if needed could catch the other healers up if things get rough. They would overall be there to add 200k dps where there was none before.

I agree that is not a ton of DPS considering I am at 574 item level but I am in mostly healing gear. If you could pick up dps gear with crit and haste without the dead stat mastery and some good dps trinkets I think you would see 250k+ dps with some incredible healing potential in emergencies.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Saeba View Post
    awesome, thank you. That is incredible, nice work!

Disc dps is more or less the same with Holy dps, except the former heals while doing it and the latter doesn't.
    "My successes are my own, but my failures are due to extremist leftist liberals" - Party of Personal Responsibility

Prediction for the future

Holy is going to be doing 50% more damage than disc while damage dealing. See Red Chakra.

http://www.wowhead.com/spell=81209

Granted you aren't going to heal well in the next 30 seconds, but you will do some fine damage.

Quote Originally Posted by PosPosPos View Post
    Disc dps is more or less the same with Holy dps, except the former heals while doing it and the latter doesn't.
    Holy in fact has better dps on both single target and aoe while disc has garbage aoe but nobody dps in holy because you don't heal while doing so. If disc didn't heal while dpsing none would be dpsing either.

biggest issue with holy dps is that it only has a significant damage advantage in execute w/ shadow word death (before that point, it's fairly comparable, unless the holy's stats favor damage more) and that atonement is already pretty much mana neutral or positive for disc (so holy's free casts don't matter)

the extra 25% damage boost to smite and holy fire (150% from chakra versus 120% from evangelism, 150/120=1.25) and 50% better SW:P and SW: D when train of thought has penance going off fairly often (which hits for retarded amounts right now) are constantly going off
    especially when you include disc's 10% crit bonus w/ 50-60% uptime at the moment and that I'm sure I'm missing something and that disc probably have a passive that increases damage more that I've forgotten (also they have holy fire's atonement ticking for minuscule amount, which almost guarantees a ToF proc if anyone gets low)

and even then, atonement and divine aegis are nice
    TL;DR atonement doesn't make a competetive environment for other healers to perform without disc performing worse (and they usually still do well on meters, but fortunately, that's mostly just breaking light damage and the first part of burst phases (but it still seems kind of silly when they have that with barrier, which doesn't even appear on meters, but it at least forces stacking for a whole 10 seconds to get good use out of)

only advantage I could think of to a haste crit (with some mastery+spirit, kind of like a mistweaver build) holy build would be to dps full time most the fight and heal at a specific point using the high stats for crazy strong heals, but even then disc would probably accomplish just as well with a more versatile itemization and and ability to do more sustained work

Quote Originally Posted by Nzete View Post
    Holy is going to be doing 50% more damage than disc while damage dealing. See Red Chakra.

http://www.wowhead.com/spell=81209

Granted you aren't going to heal well in the next 30 seconds, but you will do some fine damage.
    Penance is a significant portion of Disc DPS (over 40%). Holy does not have penance. Evangelism, additionally, is 25% extra damage. With the 2pc it adds an average of 6% crit as well. Holy doesn't have a flat 50% more damage than Disc when you factor those in.

I haven't tested the DPS difference since ToT, but both specs were within a single digit percent of each other. It's not a large difference, and atonement also heals.

The only benefit Holy has over Disc is the ability to multidot over a period of 8+ minutes without OOMing and superior execute damage with SWD. Holy DPS is a stupid gimmick otherwise, compared to Disc.
    Last edited by Larynx; 2014-03-04 at 06:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Saeba View Post
    You used a guild kill that is 2:30 vs his 4:54 kill, I think that's a pretty big factor.

Holy definitely does more damage in red chakra than disc, but of course the latter has the benefit of healing as well. I remember a H:Garrosh kill in 10 that used a holy priest as a .5 healer that mainly just DPSed and only healed during the tough healing portions that did pretty well, but that's the only time I have heard of any sort of validity to having a holy priest full time dpsing.
    Last edited by Dawnrage; 2014-03-05 at 03:15 PM.

Deleted
    You used a guild kill that is 2:30 vs his 4:54 kill, I think that's a pretty big factor.
    You're right about that, but I didn't use sw: death at all and I think I only used 1 or 2 sw: pains. I'm not using the bl meta gem and I'm running a pretty heavy mastery build. If I were to change all of that I would easily beat his dps, even if the fight is 2 mins longer.

Holy dps should only be viable on aoe fights that have low healing requirements most of the time but also have some hard phases. For example Galakras, where you could dps most of the fight (spamming sw: pain) and switch back to healing when the boss comes down. Even then, I think 2 healing or 3 healing with a disc would be better anyway. At least I've never felt the urge to go holy for some extra dps.

Deleted
    It's pretty embarressing that people are losing to you, unless they're like... 20 ilvls below or something?

Quote Originally Posted by Ashtwo View Post
    It's pretty embarressing that people are losing to you, unless they're like... 20 ilvls below or something?
    No man, hes just REALLY good and holy is totally viable, get with the program

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    There is a difference between trying to use Chastise Chakra as a full time dps, and using it strategically on certain fights while healing. I really enjoy the ability, and being able to dps through Bloodlust/Hero phases, particularly when we Bloodlust at the very start and there is little healing to do anyway. The dps looks insignificant, but when you are killing a progression boss at the berserk timer every little bit helps. Even in all healing gear/trinkets at the start with dual intel trinket procs Mindbender, SW: Pain, and HW: Chastise with 3 stacks of Absolution hit like a truck, and then 45s later I can be healing at max output with no real downside.

If I could switch Chakras faster, 5s like in PvP, I would use Chastise even more. Switching before every Mindbender (it doesn't heal anyway, so no loss there), switching to DoT adds, switching to do a Mind Sear on a large pack not going down fast enough, etc. I find plenty of use for it as part of our utility, but I wouldn't try to use it exclusively for dps in raids, that is not our strength.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nightstorm View Post
    Here is what I have so far. I still have a ton of mastery. With better items and a dps trinket, should be closer to decent dps.

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r.../?s=730&e=1024
    Not really sure how it's better than just going shadow though if you need dps? Most of the healing is halo, which shadow has, and you'd gain VE for blood rage healing. And probably do twice the DPS on top of that...

Deleted
    Wouldn't it just be better for blizzard to add a fourth holy dps spec? Which brings me back to the day when many people asked for a viable smitespec.
    But I think it would not be a choice against their game philosophy, as there are already mobs in the game that dps using holy spells. I think it would add an extra flavor to the priest class, being able to choose if you want to dps using shadow or holy spells.

Quote Originally Posted by Dawnrage View Post
    It's not a large difference because their damage is quite consistent, as opposed to being front-loaded with burst like most dpser's would be. Look at the graphs.

Quote Originally Posted by Isheria View Post
    Holy in fact has better dps on both single target and aoe while disc has garbage aoe but nobody dps in holy because you don't heal while doing so. If disc didn't heal while dpsing none would be dpsing either.
    Disc actually has similar to or better single target dps than holy, AoE damage obviously holy wins out since they get a damage buff to mind sear and disc doesn't.
    "My successes are my own, but my failures are due to extremist leftist liberals" - Party of Personal Responsibility

Prediction for the future