Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Why do high rated rets use Glyph of WoG

Browsing the rets on the ladder and most of the 2k+ players use this glyph and im confused as to why, to me it sounds terrible, 3 holy power for a bad heal and a small damage increase for 6 seconds, am i missing something?

Deleted
    9% damage increase for a heal that you would've cast anyway is not bad, imo!
    Word of Glory is used a lot in arena, so enhancing it to give you a damage boost when you have to heal is just icing on the cake.

Edit: miss-read
    Last edited by mmoce5000874e1; 2014-03-03 at 01:45 PM.

I think it's because the constant healing you do as a ret in arena with the holy power. I was wondering the same when I started PvPing a month ago on my ret and then after a bit I realized how much you use WoD.
    Man often meets his destiny, on the path he takes to avoid it.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's like Enhancement, Healing Storm might as well be baseline. We *need* it, and without it our self-healing and survival is abysmal compared to how average it is at the moment. When Elemental Blast is off cooldown, all you do is use Maelstrom Weapon on Healing Surges. Lightning Bolt isn't worth casting unless you're 100% sure that the target will die.

Enough of Enhancement, but this applies almost directly to Retribution with the Word of Glory Glyph being almost constantly used on Word of Glory whenever you're unable get the up time for a Templar's Verdict, except you get an extra damage bonus. Selfless Healer is basically Maelstrom Weapon, also.

It's interesting how comparable the specializations are, but both are kind of average this season. Retribution was rumored be getting a large buff in Warlords of Draenor simply because Divine Protection won't be dispellable but take that with a grain of salt (it would definitely fix a lot of Paladin issues, but do not trust to hope).

Deleted
    Is a WoG that heals for around 30k actually worth using over a TV?

Quote Originally Posted by hatethisbit View Post
    If its between living and dieing then yes, you will spend alot of time healing and even casting heals because without cooldowns you do peanut damage.

Yeah, you still want to use it but WoG should be much stronger than it is right now. Battle Fatigue kills it and Blizzard never compensated Ret for that.

kills are going to come from chaining CC and bursting correctly, there's no point throwing out TV on full hp targets when you have no burst to throw at people so you might as well ensure your survival especially if they are currently pressuring you.

Its because you lose a lot of your damage to WOG instead of using TV. This glyph keeps your damage up so that playing the support role isnt a huge dps loss. Its encouraged.
    Quote Originally Posted by Egzis View Post
    I swear, if vanilla was released right now with updated graphics, it would be the laughing stock of the decade.
    Quote Originally Posted by Puupi View Post
    This whole thread explains in a pretty nice manner how can Beliebers exist.

Quote Originally Posted by nyc81991 View Post
    Yeah, you still want to use it but WoG should be much stronger than it is right now. Battle Fatigue kills it and Blizzard never compensated Ret for that.
    don't worry all hybrids are in the same boat, -65% healing to hybrids is devastating but healers are too strong....

Quote Originally Posted by Blitheqt View Post
    It's interesting how comparable the specializations are, but both are kind of average this season. Retribution was rumored be getting a large buff in Warlords of Draenor simply because Divine Protection won't be dispellable but take that with a grain of salt (it would definitely fix a lot of Paladin issues, but do not trust to hope).
    I didn't think Divine Protection was dispellable as is. But I do think that Paladins suffer a lot from offensive dispels probably more than most classes, if anything I'd like to see the whole mechanic dramatically toned down or removed. Sacrifice and most Paladin Hands need to be immune from offensive dispelling.

I'd also like to see Shattering Throw just removed altogether (not glyph) and Immunities becoming just that... Immunities with no removal whatsoever. Life Cocoon, massive damage reduction like Pain Suppression, Touch of Karma, all cannot be removed, I think it's time they catch up.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by nightfalls View Post
    I didn't think Divine Protection was dispellable as is. But I do think that Paladins suffer a lot from offensive dispels probably more than most classes, if anything I'd like to see the whole mechanic dramatically toned down or removed. Sacrifice and most Paladin Hands need to be immune from offensive dispelling.

I'd also like to see Shattering Throw just removed altogether (not glyph) and Immunities becoming just that... Immunities with no removal whatsoever. Life Cocoon, massive damage reduction like Pain Suppression, Touch of Karma, all cannot be removed, I think it's time they catch up.
    My bad, I should of clarified further. What I meant by Divine Protection not being able to be dispelled was that things such as Mass Dispel and Shattering Throw were either being removed or were changed to unable the removal of immunity's such as Divine Protection and Ice Block.

Quote Originally Posted by Blitheqt View Post
    My bad, I should of clarified further. What I meant by Divine Protection not being able to be dispelled was that things such as Mass Dispel and Shattering Throw were either being removed or were changed to unable the removal of immunity's such as Divine Protection and Ice Block.
    That's Divine Shield not Divine Protection.

Deleted
    I'd been under the impression WoG wasnt even worth having keybound, thanks for clarifying a few things for me.

I'd been under the impression WoG wasnt even worth having keybound, thanks for clarifying a few things for me.
    It is pretty pathetic honestly. 3 Holy Power for a 25 - 30k heal is just horrible considering that we have 500k+ health. It just slightly delays the inevitable.

Word Of Glory could use a good 15 - 20% buff. We should be looking at around 50 - 60k non crit WoG's.

10+ Year Old Account
    If WoG is 25-30k now... a 20% buff would only get us up to 30-36k, not 50-60k - that would be a 50% buff, which is very unlikely to occur for the spell itself. The tuning for the way healing operates at a macro level in PvP for difference classes/specs is a different matter.
    <Judge> Alonsus-EU. 6/8M Uldir
    Prot Paladin
    RECRUITING FOR BFA!

Quote Originally Posted by Zabuzan View Post
    If WoG is 25-30k now... a 20% buff would only get us up to 30-36k, not 50-60k - that would be a 50% buff, which is very unlikely to occur for the spell itself. The tuning for the way healing operates at a macro level in PvP for difference classes/specs is a different matter.
    Right. I'm just saying that it should be buffed by at least 15 - 20%. It's pretty obvious Blizzard doesn't care enough about things right now to make any real changes.

Quote Originally Posted by nyc81991 View Post
    Right. I'm just saying that it should be buffed by at least 15 - 20%. It's pretty obvious Blizzard doesn't care enough about things right now to make any real changes.
    Agreed, especially with the battle fatigue it's become just stupid. Battle Fatigue doesn't affect warrior mobility and massive % reduction cooldowns, nor DK death grip and their massive % reduction cooldowns. It's mainly in place to keep healing in line, but right now Ret self-healing (as part of mitigation package) is a joke.

Not like there are that many alternatives, might as well use the WoG glyph

Epic!
    10+ Year Old Account
    its like i always say, dead dps do NO dps, using WoG to heal up instead of dealing damage that will get healed up by a hot that just ticks after the damage or a shield is wasted effectiveness. and as others have said, you dont do damage outside of bursting and CC chains anyway. arena is just a "wait for cooldowns, and see if they mess up trying to live through it"