Page 18 of 20 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Porkus the answer is and will always be that this hobby is used as an escape from "reality"

We know right from wrong in our real lives, but when you're using something as a means of escape, the same rules don't apply? IDK if you're going to get the answer you're looking for on here

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TyrantWave View Post
    Alright, wanna paypal me $250 to move everyone over then?
    This is charging it somewhat, but I do agree with the sentiment. Trouble is that as a new player you do not know exactly what you're getting into and what PVP really entails in WoW. But if you leveled quite considerable or PVP changed so much compared to what it was, it sucks that you have to pay quite a considerable amount of money to get it fixed. Definitely something you learn the hard way.

So wait, playing the game the way it was designed makes me a social path a puts my real life morals into question? Last I checked, I was told in game that the oposing faction was the enemy, and that I'm supposed to kill them. Last I checked, the game itself told me that killing people on TI was part of the lore (becoming a fireguy champion).

So people playing the game the way it was designed makes them bad people irl?

LOL

Guess what guys (even you PvE guys)? The game tells you that you're at war with each other, hence, you're only playing correctly if you're ganking and camping each other. To quote Garrosh.....SPLILL THEIR BLOOD
    Last edited by woodydave44; 2014-03-11 at 03:21 PM.

Deleted
    The game tells you that you're at war with each other, hence, you're only playing correctly if you're ganking and camping each other.
    Does the game tell you to gank and corpse camp or is that just how you have personally decided to interpret open world PVP? I don't recall the game ever encouraging me to fly to low level areas and harass level 10s with my level 90 for example. I think there is a pretty significant difference between the game encouraging me to do something, and the game not discouraging me from doing something. You are of the opinion that ganking, corpse camping etc. is how world PVP is meant to be played, do you think the developers would agree with you on that? Do you think they'd agree that griefing players is the objective of world PVP or do you think they'd say that it's an unfortunate byproduct of an imperfect system?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Giscoicus View Post

Right. Because those people are either 1)Bad or 2)Cowards. Tell them to grow a pair and fight back if they go crying in general chat. It is entirely Okay to camp a graveyard.

You wouldnt be camped if you are good.
    I get that wpvp should be on pvp servers. but the mentality of some pvp'ers surprise me. down right disgust me.
    How is he a bad player if 5 people camp the graveyard not letting him live? Unless you are fully pvp geared i doubt you could do that agaisnt someone. and if you are saying otherwise sorry but you are lying.

Also pvp should be around the areas where one would fight over someone. No near the graveyard.
    Take an example of me. i like to pvp but sometiems i feel fair enough you are better than me ill let you have this one and just go do something else.

After i die 5+ times i usually think ahh well gratz matey you are better pvp'er than me. but if he then keep killing me when i try to eharthstone or something else along those lines it gets too much. then it is no longer pvp but more griefing.
    Inactive Wow Player Raider.IO | Inactive D3 Player | Permanent Retired EVE Player | Inactive Wot Player | Retired Openraid Raid Leader| Inactive Overwatch Player | Inactive HotS player | Youtube / Twitter | Steam | My Setup

Quote Originally Posted by Porkus View Post
    You are of the opinion that ganking, corpse camping etc. is how world PVP is meant to be played, do you think the developers would agree with you on that? Do you think they'd agree that griefing players is the objective of world PVP?
    Actually, they do agree. Every try reporting someone for camping you? The GM's will tell you to cry about it and find a PvP solution.
    You'll even find blue posts over the years addressing this same issue, stating that you accepted getting ganked and camped the second you clicked "OK" when the pvp server warning popped up during character creation (again, telling you to cry about it).

I'll play you're game though. You continue to try to convince everyone on your opinion in hopes that you'll get different results. You fit the perfect definition of insanity right now. Way to go bud.

You've lost this battle, just give up.
    Last edited by woodydave44; 2014-03-11 at 04:17 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    You are of the opinion that ganking, corpse camping etc. is how world PVP is meant to be played, do you think the developers would agree with you on that? Do you think they'd agree that griefing players is the objective of world PVP or do you think they'd say that it's an unfortunate byproduct of an imperfect system?
    Well...

Originally Posted by Blizzard (Blue Tracker)
    PvP Realm Policies

The following actions may be considered dishonorable but are considered legitimate PvP tactics and will not be addressed by our Game Master staff:
    • Corpse camping.
    • Killing players well below your level.
    They do say it's legitimate wPvP...

Deleted
    I will concede that Blizzard consider them legitimate tactics, although I still believe it's a false assumption to claim that these tactics are in fact the "goal" or "objective", or that these are behaviors that are actively encouraged.

I will concede that Blizzard consider them legitimate tactics, although I still believe it's a false assumption to claim that these tactics are in fact the "goal" or "objective", or that these are behaviors that are actively encouraged.
    Anything that has you continue paying the monthly fee is encouraged. on PvP realms it's this