Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Blizzard is just letting these cities go to waste...

Silvermoon and Dalaran are the most polished and beautiful cities in the game. Dalaran still has a few people being a neutral city and all as well as a major questing area but silvermoon is just a ghost town

Blizzard lets most of its content go to waste. Its a shame, because as you say, some of it is really nice.

Deleted
    I loved undercity, still do and if the panda portal was close to all citys i would definitely still hangout there. The gloomyness makes it relaxing aswell.
    Orgrimmar/Stormwind just has way too many benefits.

I hope we get portals in all major citys to Draenor in WoD.

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    Content goes to waste, well - we all played the shit out of Classic for 2 years, the shit out of TBC for two years, the shit out of WotLK for 2 years. Oh wait, did I say "WotLK" Was that the xpac where they dared to re-introduce Naxx because it had beautiful art and lots of work gone into it and only a handful of guilds ever went there?

Wasn't that decision not the origin of "Look they are lazy, they re-use old content"?

People complain they are lazy for using the same animation skeletons. For re-imagining ZA and Scholo and Scarlet monastery. For doing scenarios in artwork and places that was seen in the world while questing.

Are you guys SURE you want to stay in existing artwork year after year after year? I was under the impression that people are ready to move on from Pandaria - yet, that will mean this place will "go to waste"
    I really dont think blizzard is going to do any better than dalaran or silvermoon. They stopped trying after wrath...

Quote Originally Posted by Wesneed View Post
    [...]I hope we get portals in all major citys to Draenor in WoD.
    We already have them. Ever went to the mage training areas in the cities and see a portal to Blasted lands? yep, leads you straight to the Dark Portal that, funnily enough, leads to Draenor.

I was under the impression that people are ready to move on from Pandaria - yet, that will mean this place will "go to waste"
    Pandaria is already a waste it never needed to be created in the first place.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ærion View Post
    We already have them. Ever went to the mage training areas in the cities and see a portal to Blasted lands? yep, leads you straight to the Dark Portal that, funnily enough, leads to Draenor.
    Hmm, i thought that was exclusive to orgrimmar.
    Good to know, thanks!

Deleted
    Content goes to waste, well - we all played the shit out of Classic for 2 years, the shit out of TBC for two years, the shit out of WotLK for 2 years. Oh wait, did I say "WotLK" Was that the xpac where they dared to re-introduce Naxx because it had beautiful art and lots of work gone into it and only a handful of guilds ever went there?

Wasn't that decision not the origin of "Look they are lazy, they re-use old content"?

People complain they are lazy for using the same animation skeletons. For re-imagining ZA and Scholo and Scarlet monastery. For doing scenarios in artwork and places that was seen in the world while questing.

Are you guys SURE you want to stay in existing artwork year after year after year? I was under the impression that people are ready to move on from Pandaria - yet, that will mean this place will "go to waste"
    Naxx is a bad example. It got dumbed down to what today could be considered LFR difficulty.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ærion View Post
    I'm pretty sure he meant the lvl90+ Draenor, not Outlands.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hildefuns View Post
    I'm pretty sure he meant the lvl90+ Draenor, not Outlands.
    Yes, but aren't we going to access Draenor with the same DP?

Herald of the Titans Darksoldierr's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    I dont understand, why Blizzard doesn't do world event (either PvE or PvP) focused, specially now with CRZ. The tech is already there, and it would make old content/zones used again
    Time is on our side
    Brutal Gladiator Enhancement Shaman *rawr*

Whatever you do, don't say this on the wow forums! The devs will respond and say "Oh if we had to redo silvermoon you'd lose a WHOLE raid tier!".

"WHOLE raid tier...."

"WHOLE raid tier...."

"WHOLE raid tier...."

I wouldn't mind if they gave us a real answer, but don't lie to my face please.

Intel Core i5 4690K 3.50Ghz, OC'd to 4.0Ghz | 8GB Corsair DDR3-1066 RAM | Gigabyte Z97-HD3
    NVIDIA GeForce 680GTX 2048MB VRAM | Corsair 750TX 750W PSU | Phantecks Dual fan PH-TC14PE

10+ Year Old Account
    I feel for Darnassus and Exodar.
    I love Warcraft, I dislike WoW

Unsubbed since January 2021, now a Warcraft fan from a distance

Quote Originally Posted by 4umtroll View Post
    If you're going to look at it that way: Neither does any city but Stormwind and Orgrimmar.
    Soothing Mist:"Healing them for a minor amount every 0.5 sec, until you take any other action."
    Jade Serpent Statue: "The statue will also begin casting Soothing Mist on your target. healing for 50% as much as yours. "
    [What's half of minor?]
    "Statue casts Soothing Mist at a nearby ally for toddler healing."

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MajesticMrZombie View Post
    Blizzard lets most of its content go to waste. Its a shame, because as you say, some of it is really nice.
    It's not about letting old content go to waste, it's about promoting their newest shiny toy. They spend all this money, time & effort to make MoP so they want people to play with that new content. It would not make business sense to make changes to the game to encourage people to go to a city on a continent from an expansion 4 years ago.

It's just like at the start of Cata when Org/SW were the "main cities". Significant time was spent upgrading (or if you're alliance, destroying lol) those cities and Blizzard wanted you in those 2 places. Sure they could of easily added the portals, quests etc to all the other cities to really give players that choice of what city they wanted to hang in, but they didn't cause they wanted you in Org/SW, they want you in panderia and they want you in their Garrisons in WoD.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Quote Originally Posted by pkm View Post
    I really dont think blizzard is going to do any better than dalaran or silvermoon. They stopped trying after wrath...
    So because you don't like it, it means they stopped trying... Amazing logic!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by 4umtroll View Post
    Aww, that's cute. The fact that you guys are still around is amazing...

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

det pretty much wins this thread. This whole premise is foolish. These areas were played to death for years. If we all hung out in Silvermoon then "Blizzard sucks for letting Orgrimmar go to waste".

It's just a bad and pointless argument.

Quote Originally Posted by pkm View Post
    If Silvermoon, the most boring city, and Dalaran, which is only special because it's flying, is Blizzard trying then... I don't want them to.
    Quote Originally Posted by kbarh View Post
    may i suggest you check out wowwiki or any similar site, it's Grom that orders the murder of Cairne

Naxx was the same, it was just used again. They didn't update the art or the bosses just brought it up to 80 and modified some mechanics (outside of the no deaths achievement it was extremely easy as well and got old fast because there was virtually no challenge). I think really only just recolored the tier armor. I don't think Naxx is a great example. I believe the OP wants things like an updated city, not for them to reuse the same exact raid again every expansion.

Quote Originally Posted by Baracuda View Post
    If Silvermoon, the most boring city, and Dalaran, which is only special because it's flying, is Blizzard trying then... I don't want them to.
    Why is silvermoon boring? Only reason i could think is if you hate blood elves.