Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Dalaran had its time. Silvermoon is another story, but when it comes down to the brass tacks, do we need to fly around this thing for any other reason than the novelty of it? If we're being honest with ourselves, we admit the answer is no. And that's a huge pile of work to commit for a novelty.

Now, portals between cities? Sure, but only between each city and Org/SW, and only if you take the time to visit the city once the old-fashioned way and activate the portal yourself, like a flight master. That'd be how I'd do it if it were me. It would remove the need to put a portal circle and MoP transit in every city, and help populate all the old cities in addition to the main ones. With cross-realm, it shouldn't empty Org or SW out too much.

Quote Originally Posted by Bloodjunky22 View Post
    while it would be cool if they updated some of the older cities such as IF and darn (or all of them) to bring them up to snuff with SW/org i doubt we'll see it until they bring us back to azeroth in a future xpac. obviously its a lot of work to do if they want to update any of the older cities so who knows perhaps this is already in the works.
    No. It isn't. It's as easy as adding a few vendors here and there. It's almost as easy as sending experience boosts on WoW's anniversaries.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    Content goes to waste, well - we all played the shit out of Classic for 2 years, the shit out of TBC for two years, the shit out of WotLK for 2 years. Oh wait, did I say "WotLK" Was that the xpac where they dared to re-introduce Naxx because it had beautiful art and lots of work gone into it and only a handful of guilds ever went there?

Wasn't that decision not the origin of "Look they are lazy, they re-use old content"?

People complain they are lazy for using the same animation skeletons. For re-imagining ZA and Scholo and Scarlet monastery. For doing scenarios in artwork and places that was seen in the world while questing.

Are you guys SURE you want to stay in existing artwork year after year after year? I was under the impression that people are ready to move on from Pandaria - yet, that will mean this place will "go to waste"
    Some people would complain about it, sure. Hell, I would if they did it often enough.

I do think there is a difference between reusing a whole instance and using a city past when you would normally go there. Going back into Naxx or Sunwell as part of a scenario or quest wouldn't be the same experience as running everyone back through those instances in the same fashion and for the same purpose as before.

Haters would hate, but it's hard to care about that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by OriginZero View Post
    Why? It is seriously a waste. No one would go there. It's not near anything. People will stick to what they like. Stormwind and Org. Not even IF gets the love from players that it used to.
    You're right, and it's kinda sad. Half the reason they even bothered devoting the resources to Gilneas City that they did was because it was originally going to double as a Battleground until they couldn't make it work.
    Knowledge is power, and power corrupts. So study hard and be evil.

Deleted
    Well, the thing is 'I would go there because I like (insert capital city here)'. So I'd very much enjoy being able to hang out in Silvermoon without it lacking a lot of stuff that I need.

Quote Originally Posted by OriginZero View Post
    Why? It is seriously a waste. No one would go there. It's not near anything. People will stick to what they like. Stormwind and Org. Not even IF gets the love from players that it used to.
    There would be complaints, but they could move various services to the different towns. The Auction House could stay in Stormwind (Yeah, I know, Iron Forge had it but that's kind of passed.) Iron Forge could be the center of PVP. Darnassus for crafting. Exodar for transmog, all portals (like Shrine has) and any future aethestic features added to the game.

(Replace names with Horde cities where appropriate.)
    Soothing Mist:"Healing them for a minor amount every 0.5 sec, until you take any other action."
    Jade Serpent Statue: "The statue will also begin casting Soothing Mist on your target. healing for 50% as much as yours. "
    [What's half of minor?]
    "Statue casts Soothing Mist at a nearby ally for toddler healing."

Quote Originally Posted by Every Pwny View Post
    Naxx was the same, it was just used again. They didn't update the art or the bosses just brought it up to 80 and modified some mechanics (outside of the no deaths achievement it was extremely easy as well and got old fast because there was virtually no challenge). I think really only just recolored the tier armor. I don't think Naxx is a great example.
    You don't know what you're talking about.

- those Tauren DKs weren't in the original Naxxramas, and that's the most obvious trash change (either that or the flesh giants)
    - Mongraine was replaced by Baron Rivendare
    - the Tier armor wasn't 100% recolors (most obvious if you compare the Warrior sets, which was the most popular Tier 3 set)

Updated art and tier pieces. Boom.

Quote Originally Posted by TheWindWalker View Post
    There would be complaints, but they could move various services to the different towns. The Auction House could stay in Stormwind (Yeah, I know, Iron Forge had it but that's kind of passed.) Iron Forge could be the center of PVP. Darnassus for crafting. Exodar for transmog, all portals (like Shrine has) and any future aethestic features added to the game.

(Replace names with Horde cities where appropriate.)
    Why would they have to move various services if they could just add those services to every town?

Quote Originally Posted by Whales96 View Post
    Why would they have to move various services if they could just add those services to every town?
    If you read the other posts, you'd already know the answer.

"Now Ironforge has every single thing that Stormwind does!"
    *IF's population rises by 50 people*
    Soothing Mist:"Healing them for a minor amount every 0.5 sec, until you take any other action."
    Jade Serpent Statue: "The statue will also begin casting Soothing Mist on your target. healing for 50% as much as yours. "
    [What's half of minor?]

Quote Originally Posted by TheWindWalker View Post
    If you read the other posts, you'd already know the answer.

"Now Ironforge has every single thing that Stormwind does!"
    *IF's population rises by 50 people*
    Well, if every city had everything, then people could just be in the city they wanted to be in. I don't see the harm in that. Let a city be empty on it's own merit, instead of making them be empty because one is superior.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    All they have to do is copy and paste the reforge, transmog, void storage and item upgrade NPCS from Stormwind / Orgrimmar to all the other capital cities, as well as the Pandaria portal and Cataclysm portals, and suddenly all of them are as useful as any other and will see a huge population growth.

It's as simple as that. Next to no work whatsoever on behalf of Blizzard and suddenly there's reason to hang somewhere other than Orgrimmar or Stormwind. I don't understand why something so unbelievably simple, that people have complained about since the start of Cataclysm, has just been ignored for so long. Darnassus and Exodar and all the rest really don't have to be and shouldn't be ghost cities.

Quote Originally Posted by Bloodjunky22 View Post
    while it would be cool if they updated some of the older cities such as IF and darn (or all of them) to bring them up to snuff with SW/org i doubt we'll see it until they bring us back to azeroth in a future xpac. obviously its a lot of work to do if they want to update any of the older cities so who knows perhaps this is already in the works.
    There is absolutely zero work required except what I mentioned above (excluding the whole flying thing with Exodar / Silvermoon). They already did the reworking for everything but those two in Cataclysm.
    Last edited by Apology; 2014-03-04 at 03:00 AM.

Deleted
    The only way to populate such a big world is making one mega server where we could see everyone playing wow...does such technology exist? xD

lol the desert cities would be populated by the "crappy pc users" to not crash^^

10+ Year Old Account
    add ethereal and portals to every city and you would see alot more people going to their favorite cities, i don't understand why this has not been done yet.

I haven't seen anyone bring this up, but it's really dependent on your server.
    Silvermoon is usually the second most populated city after Orgrimmar for Horde on RP servers.

Quote Originally Posted by Whales96 View Post
    Well, if every city had everything, then people could just be in the city they wanted to be in. I don't see the harm in that. Let a city be empty on it's own merit, instead of making them be empty because one is superior.
    Yeah, but that's still missing the point. If every city had everything (which isn't a bad idea, by the way) Stormwind would still have the overwhelming majority. Even if another city had a better layout.
    [What's half of minor?]

Quote Originally Posted by Darksoldierr View Post
    I dont understand, why Blizzard doesn't do world event (either PvE or PvP) focused, specially now with CRZ. The tech is already there, and it would make old content/zones used again
    Lag. Blizzard and the game cant handle people out in the world. Raids in vanilla on other cities did not work, still does not work today unless the server has resources to handle it (hardly any does)

Quote Originally Posted by pkm View Post
    Silvermoon and Dalaran are the most polished and beautiful cities in the game. Dalaran still has a few people being a neutral city and all as well as a major questing area but silvermoon is just a ghost town
    That's what I've been saying. Especially when they use the arguement against player housing with "we don't wantg it to turn the major cities into ghost towns" when 4 of them 5 cities are already ghost towns. When they put everything into Orgrimmar why would people hang out in silvermoon or undercity?

And this new "expac content remains in that expac" philosophy is annoying the hell out of me. Especially with garrisons. That can be a great tool for gameplay and rp standpoints for every expac. But once WOD ends, so does garrisons. Hopefully it will be replaced with something better.
    If what doesn't kill you, makes you stronger. Then I should be a god by now.

Dalaran is great place to place profession alts(although I prefer IF or TB more)

Silvermoon will continue to suck until they revamp it and make it flyable
    Quote Originally Posted by RedGamer030 View Post
    I do not need to be constructive in this thread, nor provide an argument. There is nothing here to actually debate. Your reasoning is flawed and thusly you have no argument.
    ↑ Epitome of Internet Logic

Quote Originally Posted by PrairieChicken View Post
    Dalaran is great place to place profession alts(although I prefer IF or TB more)

Silvermoon will continue to suck until they revamp it and make it flyable
    I'm honestly fine with the way silvermoon is at the moment. Why would you need to fly when the best things are on the ground. Same with undercity.

But these cities weren't redesigned for flying purposes like org was and thats alright i guess.

I was at Silvermoon the other day and thought the same thing as OP. It's a really cool city. One of my favorite music and architecture wise. Sucks that it's all the way in the corner close to nothing.