Thread: Arms RBG FC?

Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Arms RBG FC?

Is having an arms warrior as the FC still desirable for rbgs?

If arms is viable, should gear be any different from dps set? Different trinkets? Should i have a shield?

Thanks!

Their mobility and defensive's make them fairly desirable. My warrior tended to FC last season in RBGs.

Any tips on gearing? Trinkets, 1hander and shield? stam gems?

I think you could pull it off, but you would be at an extreme disadvantage vs guardian FC's.

Quote Originally Posted by xToasttx View Post
    Any tips on gearing? Trinkets, 1hander and shield? stam gems?
    Just stick with a 2-hander, stay in Def Stance.

Current stat priorities are Str > Crit > Mastery (some people even gem Crit > Str).

Quote Originally Posted by postalp View Post
    Just stick with a 2-hander, stay in Def Stance.

Current stat priorities are Str > Crit > Mastery (some people even gem Crit > Str).
    Most go crit over str, but follow socket bonuses logically, i.e. str/crit in red sockets, crit in yellows.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kretan View Post
    I think you could pull it off, but you would be at an extreme disadvantage vs guardian FC's.
    Basically this. Guardian druids are just superior but Arms warriors are still pretty good in rbgs.

15+ Year Old Account
    Guardian druids seem to be desirable over everything. In the absence of Guardian Druids, I think Warrior would be decent just because it would mean you have a Warrior defending your FC Often times I go over with a kill team of like 2-4, with no healer - when I know their defense is like a guardian druid and 2-3 healers. If the enemy FC was a warrior with 3 healers tunneling heals/dispels into him, a healerless kill team is ill-advised. If the kill team needs a healer, that's one less healer on my teams FC.

That's basically the argument for having a warrior FC - it's kind of like the Rogue FC argument. Offensive FC's are good up to say, 5-6 stacks - before that you have a big advantage - after that a guardian druid will still shrug off kill attempts, but a Rogue or Warrior could die in a 1-2 GCDs if a few crits land together. In general though, I think the issue is that Guardian Druids are still too tanky.
    Youtube ~ Yvaelle ~ Twitter

10+ Year Old Account
    I like to say that FCs need 4 things to be succesful- Mobility, Control, Spike Reduction, and Sustained Defensive. Mobility, as if ppl can't hit you, you take no damage. Control, so that you can prevent people from hitting you, lessening the damage you take. Spike Reduction, so that you can survive the burst period when you have 5 dps on your ass with all CDs up. Sustained Defensive, so you can last long enough for your team to take out the EFC.

Arms has good control with Intervene, Heroic Leap, and Charge. They have some amount of control, with Charge functioning as a quick interupt, Staggering Shout, Intimidating Shout, and Shockwave/Stormbolt. With D-stance, Enrage Regen, Shield Wall, Spell Reflection, Rallying Cry, and Die by the Sword, in addition to waving a shield around, they have very good Spike Reduction. And D-stance+Shield makes their Sustained Defensive good.

So yea. Ferals are the best period, but Arms is a good second contender (Along with rogues, monks, non-DA demo locks who use metamorphasis instead)
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.

10+ Year Old Account
    Picking up the Alliance or Horde flag while in a Rated Battleground now increases damage taken by 50% for characters in a tanking specialization, and increases damage taken by 20% for characters in a non-tanking specialization.
    From 5.3 patch notes.

Arms is a great FC spec. As FC though you should gem/enchant/trinket more defensively (resil/stam etc.)

Quote Originally Posted by ipoststuff View Post
    From 5.3 patch notes.

Arms is a great FC spec. As FC though you should gem/enchant/trinket more defensively (resil/stam etc.)
    I would take a monk and rogue before an arms warrior. Most every kill group has a mage, and a warrior will last two bursts before he dies. Also, I seriously doubt a warrior would even last one burst. If I saw a team with no stealth Fc, I'd leave a defense and hit their Fc hard having my defense pull his shield wall at zero stacks., the chances of getting shield wall are insanely high here. Then, I wait for 2 stacks and absolutely obliterate him. But realistically, an arms warrior will never leave the flag room alive without an entire team supporting him.

Deleted
    What about a demon Lock, wht glyphed Dark Apo?

The demon Lock, glyphed and specced right can have alot of dmg reduction tools, plus escape options.

Deleted
    Is this discussion taking into account the increased damage taken by tank specializiations? Do rated groups still use guardian druids, or did you mean feral druids in bear form?

Quote Originally Posted by Azari View Post
    Is this discussion taking into account the increased damage taken by tank specializiations? Do rated groups still use guardian druids, or did you mean feral druids in bear form?
    We do mean guardians. All high rated teams uses guardian. They are just the best FC's currently.

Deleted
    Even with the inherent increased 50% damage taken? can someone explain to me what a guardian druid can bring to offset that disadvantage?
    I'm just curious because i have a feral druid, and would call myself okay'ish, but just can't see what would be so good about the guardian.
    he brings about the same mobility as the feral specc, has nearly the same defensive cooldowns. does it come down to savage defense / frenzied regeneration?
    I read about feral druids kiting entire teams as the FC with faerie swarm / infected wounds / shifting + running. but then again, that's not something tied to the guardian spec.

/edit: sorry for derailing this topic from Arms to Guardians, i'm just super curious.

15+ Year Old Account
    I'm not sure if the 50% damage debuff is applying to Guardian Druids or what - but you like... can't kill a Guardian Druid before like... 7-8 stacks.

Deleted
    Jeah,..um. But why? Why a Guardian (with +50% dmg inc) and not a feral? I can see why a melee-heavy comp could have some problems bursting through savage defense (Insanely high dodge chance). Is that it? Savage Defense making the Guardian that good?

15+ Year Old Account
    Not even a melee heavy comp - last week we played the same team three times on FC maps, and they were running a fully geared/gemmed guardian druid FC - our kill team was Fmage + Dlock + Spriest + Rogue - our burst cycles were always while the druid was stunned, and we did almost entirely magic damage - and that druid just had so many cooldowns and took so little damage than we weren't scoring kills until like 6-7 stacks: it was nuts.

Quote Originally Posted by Azari View Post
    Jeah,..um. But why? Why a Guardian (with +50% dmg inc) and not a feral? I can see why a melee-heavy comp could have some problems bursting through savage defense (Insanely high dodge chance). Is that it? Savage Defense making the Guardian that good?
    - More armor and damage reduction than a feral in bear form.
    - More HP than a feral in bear form.
    - Reduced barkskin cd.
    - Reduced magic damage taken.
    - 3s silence on 15s CD.
    - Dk symb.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Knolan View Post
    - More armor and damage reduction than a feral in bear form.
    - More HP than a feral in bear form.
    - Reduced barkskin cd.
    - Reduced magic damage taken.
    - 3s silence on 15s CD.
    - Dk symb.
    They still take way more damage than arms.