I can't believe the UI is getting so much chatter. It'd be an issue if they didn't allow addons, but Blizz does, and even almost encourages them, so wtf does the stock UI have to with anything? The scrubs didn't like inq bc it was a maintenance, whether they even realized it was a maintenance buff anyway. Inq got the cut because it was an easy pruning for "ability bloat", not because scrubs couldn't track it. Hell, most shitty players didn't realize why it was strong anyway, and that we were balanced around it.

Another thing, if you think inq is similar to seraph, then you have the fucking downs, no other explanation necessary.

Lastly, if you are looking to keep all 4 ES buffs up, then you are also tarded. The only other one that is remotely appealing, besides right and truth, is the MS buff and really only then in pvp and very, very situational boss fights. You'll only need to keep at most two up. Quit making it complicated, because it isn't.
    Last edited by Maegor; 2014-04-26 at 10:59 PM.
    Maegore @Maegoree Maegor#1377

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Maegor View Post
    I can't believe the UI is getting so much chatter. It'd be an issue if they didn't allow addons, but Blizz does and even almost encourages them, so wtf does the stock UI have to with anything? The scrubs didn't like inq bc it was a maintenance, whether they even realized it was a maintenance buff anyway. Inq got the cut because it was an easy pruning for "ability bloat", not because scrubs couldn't track it. Hell, most shitty players didn't realize why it was strong anyway, and that we were balanced around it.

Another thing, if you think inq is similar to seraph, them you have the fucking downs, no other explanation necessary.

Lastly, if you are looking to keep all 4 ES buffs up, them you are also tarded. The only other one that is remotely appealing is the MS buff and really only then in pvp and very, very situational boss fights. You'll only need to keep at most two up. Quit making it complicated, because it isn't.
    Just FYI someone with actual downs wouldn't comprehend much of end game mechanics in WoW so yeah let's not go there.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by Huntingbear_grimbatol View Post
    That's the intention, ofc it depends on how much readiness rating you have and so on. It also reduces cd on other abilities but we don't know exactly what yet so potentially you could use it for shorter CD bubbles if there's a fight where immunities are strong and loads of things, Seraphim is a really good/fun/entertaining talent with lots of potential for all 3 paladin specs. They just need to make it balanced, the 5 holy power will be reduced/removed I think but we'll see.
    Main concern is, like you noted, it's usefulness depends on how much readiness you have on gear. Not really sure I want to gear around a talent. Or maybe the expectation is we have multiple gear sets in our bag (i.e., a readiness set for fights where seraphim is the best, a haste set, etc). Well, and building up 5 holy power--for a 10 sec buff however useful--is kind of anticlimactic.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fredzilla View Post
    Any UI being great or terrible is a subjective opinion. Don't go around touting it as fact. Just because it doesn't work out for you, doesn't mean it can't for others, and vice versa.
    Last time someone said that to me, it was a discussion about Windows 8's UI. My opinion isn't fact, but it's not false either.

Inq got the cut because it was an easy pruning for "ability bloat", not because scrubs couldn't track it. Hell, most shitty players didn't realize why it was strong anyway, and that we were balanced around it.
    And yet, I still read comments about people worrying in how we're going to get the damage back from losing Inquisition. Cause it's not like developers haven't done this before with Ret Paladins. I think it's pretty obvious that they're going to just fold the damage into current abilities.

Lastly, if you are looking to keep all 4 ES buffs up, then you are also tarded. The only other one that is remotely appealing, besides right and truth, is the MS buff and really only then in pvp and very, very situational boss fights. You'll only need to keep at most two up. Quit making it complicated, because it isn't.
    Speed and self healing can be beneficial to raids. Though I doubt anyone would try to constantly keep up all four. Mainly because it'll likely be a dps loss, unless otherwise needed. Keep in mind that speed boost can be considered a dps increase. Anytime not spent on a boss is a dps loss.

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...-what-TBC-ment

Everybody loves a good Anaxie rant.

Have a look at my fun TBC thread.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dukenukemx View Post
    And yet, I still read comments about people worrying in how we're going to get the damage back from losing Inquisition. Cause it's not like developers haven't done this before with Ret Paladins. I think it's pretty obvious that they're going to just fold the damage into current abilities.
    Did you fucking roll ret yesterday?

Vanilla: Want Holy strike? FUCK YOU HEAL BITCH

TBC Elves get a real dps seal, mana regen, and seal twisting sorry Allaince
    Do you like 10 sec CS and spellpower tier LOLOLOL

Wrath Seal of Blood N physical DS /trollface

Cata guess what. No they didn't know how to add damage to us. Worst fucking mastery ever made and we required a large buff to Sword of light in Firelands

MoP. Holy fuckzors batman progressively buff the shit out of Sword of Light again.

WoD Oh they are totally gonna get it right this time guys.

10+ Year Old Account
    She knows too much. Got to take her out.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by Dukenukemx View Post
    Last time someone said that to me, it was a discussion about Windows 8's UI. My opinion isn't fact, but it's not false either.

Speed and self healing can be beneficial to raids. Though I doubt anyone would try to constantly keep up all four. Mainly because it'll likely be a dps loss, unless otherwise needed. Keep in mind that speed boost can be considered a dps increase. Anytime not spent on a boss is a dps loss.
    Yes a boost for speed but not at the cost of multiple GCDS let alone using a non damage seal. Do you logic?

- - - Updated - - -

Lets be honest here too a fishing and kneejerk removeal of CS and HotR on SEALS. Undeniable proof that blizzard has NO FUCKING IDEA WHAT TO DO OR WHAT THEY ARE DOING WITH RET. This is not speculation it happened and its a sad as fuck fact.

10+ Year Old Account
    Personally I think it was a bad idea but ya know we all have bad ideas at some point.

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by anaxie View Post
    Lets be honest here too a fishing and kneejerk removeal of CS and HotR on SEALS. Undeniable proof that blizzard has NO FUCKING IDEA WHAT TO DO OR WHAT THEY ARE DOING WITH RET. This is not speculation it happened and its a sad as fuck fact.
    You're right. That was pretty telling. Since it apparently never occurred to them that we'd have to use a global to do any AoE until after several paladins pointed it out.

That girl is on fire, that girl is on fiiieeereee!! Whoaoaoooohhh!!!
    Are you allright Anaxie? This is a bit much, even from you. :S
    9thorder.com | Recruiting exceptional players!

Whee is that quote from :S

10+ Year Old Account
    We're only human after all.

Warrior-Magi

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by anaxie View Post
    TBC Elves get a real dps seal, mana regen, and seal twisting sorry Allaince
    Do you like 10 sec CS and spellpower tier LOLOLOL
    Oh the lovely days of TBC ret. How many patches did it take for them to added resilience into ret gear? I can't remember.

So um. Wow. My feeble amount of faith is being crushed by their ( Blizzard's ) silence towards a few things. Is there still no clear word discussing their ideas about seal swapping?
    Quote Originally Posted by A Chozo View Post
    Humans Paladins don't have "a lot of lore" behind them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sett View Post
    Oh the lovely days of TBC ret. How many patches did it take for them to added resilience into ret gear? I can't remember.

So um. Wow. My feeble amount of faith is being crushed by their ( Blizzard's ) silence towards a few things. Is there still no clear word discussing their ideas about seal swapping?
    They don't tweet very much on weekends.

Warrior-Magi

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    They don't tweet very much on weekends.
    In general, I guess. I was hoping I'd have missed something this week or maybe in the thread.
    Quote Originally Posted by A Chozo View Post
    Humans Paladins don't have "a lot of lore" behind them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sett View Post
    In general, I guess. I was hoping I'd have missed something this week or maybe in the thread.
    Once Monday comes around(9AM Blizzard time) feel free to tweet their butts off.

Warrior-Magi

10+ Year Old Account
    You sure started some shit in that thread of yours, anaxie.
    "You little hoochees!" - Daos, Lord of Terror

Quote Originally Posted by PraisetheSun View Post
    "NEENER-NEENER RETS ARE WIENERS."

Elemental Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fredzilla View Post
    I don't know what inq you've been using if you think seraphim is the same thing as it.
    It's not...but the mechanics are very similar.

Both require you to build HP and then spend it on a buff with a cycle that repeats every 30s. The difference is that Seraphim requires 5 HP instead of 3 to gain a buff that affects stats instead of damage for 10s instead of 30s.

Quote Originally Posted by Elovan View Post
    I'm pretty sure we're not going to be expected to keep all four buffs up.p
    Extra damage plus extra haste plus health regen and extra movement speed. Three useful in most PvE an PvP situatison and the fourth (SoJ) not bad to have. It can be done therefore players will try to do it. And a fair fraction of them will succeed if the GCDs are there. Will they be? They might. Get SoT rolling, then start your Judgement cycle. 12s will see you get three buffs up with time to switch back to SoT, keep at that for a few seconds and then repeat. Or maybe the DPS loss will be so great with all those switches that it isn't worth keeping more than two up - in which acse, why have it?

The only two useful to Ret in a dps sense are JoT and JoR. I only see JoJ being useful in a pvp situation (it's too annoying and small of a benefit to regularly keep up in pve) and JoI in emergencies.
    Three of them are useful in raids. JoJ can be dropped for an easier time or added when useful or for those who have DP and found their lucky streak overlaps a Seal refresh.

Since we'll want to be in Seal of Truth most of the time anyways, that's 2 gcd's every 20 seconds to keep JoR up, hardly breaking the entire rotation.
    Blizzard will balance around the GCDs used to switch Seals. As it is, the more Seals you have up, the more you have to offer, the stronger you are.

Also, Blizzard has to balance our survivability toolkit outside of talents unless the entire row is dedicated to survivability. Since this tier isn't survivability based, it won't detract from our defensive abilities.
    Which in turn will make having JoI up and active quite strong. And if they don't do that...then they turn it Seal Twisting into a huge irrelevance, just like Inq currently is. Something so easy to maintain that you may as well get rid of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Huntingbear_grimbatol View Post
    The intent of Seraphim is to "buff" your CDs
    I'm well aware of the fact Serphim buffs Readiness. I'm also well aware that the mechanics are nigh identical to Inquisition. Which people disliked because - like Serpahim - it was a passive effect.

Imagine getting to 5 holy power (current cost) pop Seraphim -> Instantly pop Zealotry and AW for the initial burst AND the shorter cd on Zealotry + AW. Think outside the box :P
    I'm also well aware of the desire many Paladins have expressed for MORE DPS outside of the CDs. And of the problem associated with having a talent mess with stats so much; it is bad enough IMO that Blizzard deliberately gimps the rotation simply to give haste some impact without contributing to the issue.

Lastly, if you are looking to keep all 4 ES buffs up, then you are also tarded.
    If you can't see the benefits of having JoI and JoJ up, I won't comment. Suffice it to say that health regen and speed are also beneficial. The only question is how many free GCDs will you have available to add them. Too many and the rotation is shot and the talent becomes needed simply to have something to do. Too few and the need to maintain them at all is compromised.

Quit making it complicated, because it isn't.
    So - you are telling me Blizzard will balance the class around having a mere two buffs up an those who manage 4 will have to be satisfied with being OP?

Two are very useful but all four have benefits and players will keep up as many as they can afford.

This is a talent that is full of problems. Seal Twisting was removed from the game partially because of these same problems and there's nothing here to suggest that's changed. Maybe my opinions will change in the unlikely event they try to explain things and their vision of the system will work but Seal Twisting, never mind that some liked it, was a problem before and it looks like a problem now.

EJL

10+ Year Old Account
    If you're just going to use Seraphim on CD, you clearly have no idea what the point of it is. Or what the point of any burst-related CDs are. Etcetera, etcetera

- - - Updated - - -

You're also probably doing something wrong if you're constantly taking damage for the entirety of every fight.

- - - Updated - - -

And Seraphim and Inq are about as similar to each other as ES and CS are. That is, only in the most basic/simplest of categories.

10+ Year Old Account
    Movement speed has only ever contributed theoretical dps that can't actually be quantified, and in raids I don't know that we need any more than what we have available already. Unless they start making encounters the size of the iron highway headin up to flame levi. This is of course directed at talen, not you dakeshi. Just too lazy to quote him.