Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account

Post Thoughts on Accurate updated Racials

So if you have not yet read it here is the link:

http://www.mmo-champion.com/content/...-Racial-Traits

Are you happy or disappointed with the changes that are currently in the pipeline.
    Maybe you're pretty upset about a change or could not care less.
    Let's here your thoughts.
    Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

Will of the Forsaken is a shit version of Every Man for Himself but they chuck an extra min cool down on it? Seem fair...

Stone Form buff is pretty spectacular.

We have multiple posts discussing this right now. There's even a post titled something along the lines of "Anyone else disappointed in the new racials?"

That said, I'm quite happy with them.
    Soothing Mist:"Healing them for a minor amount every 0.5 sec, until you take any other action."
    Jade Serpent Statue: "The statue will also begin casting Soothing Mist on your target. healing for 50% as much as yours. "
    [What's half of minor?]
    "Statue casts Soothing Mist at a nearby ally for toddler healing."

Had a feeling it would be something similar to this, and I do approve. Though I think orcs should have been able to keep their blood fury, but alliance racials are MUCH better now. Night elv one being a bit odd (night/day). Kitty by day and boomy at night?

Quote Originally Posted by Deadite View Post
    Will of the Forsaken is a shit version of Every Man for Himself but they chuck an extra min cool down on it? Seem fair...
    The two racials are not comparable. Will of the Forsaken is an extra CC break (though it's limited to certain CC types), which is more powerful in a world with less CC (i.e. each CC successfully broken is a bigger game-changer). Every Man for Himself is an extra throughput trinket, which is less powerful in a world without snapshotting and with less stacking cooldowns.

I'm rerolling Troll. There are bound to be plenty of beasts on Draenor.

Dwarf is overpowered, Draenei is better than Panda racial - what itself is above the Worgen and Goblin. Majority is brought up to their level which is fine.
    Undead, Orc and Troll got he stick.

What makes Dwarf/Stoneform so strong? The only things that you are now going to be able to remove that you couldn't before are dispelable magic debuffs and curses, all of which can already be removed by healers in a raid environment.

I don't understand why Escape Artist is getting buffed, Will of the Forsaken is getting nerfed (again) while Every Man For Himself isn't touched.

Other than that, I don't really have any complaints. I'd rather racials were removed entirely, but it's clear Blizzard is too stubborn for that.

< doesn't competitively pvp so I can't really comment. (Where the perceived imbalances are) All I know is they are more balanced for pve, not that effected my racial choices in the first place even though I'm 11/14 heroic.

- - - Updated - - -

"Unlike the other racials that provide some type of CC-dispel, Every Man For Himself actually replaces a CC-Break PvP trinket; it isn’t in addition to it. So what you gain with EMFH is actually a trinket slot. Thus its power is very much related to what trinkets there are available. We're still determining our plan for PvP trinket itemization, so haven't decided on what to do with EMFH quite yet. It’s quite strong, and we agree that it looks unfair from those patch notes; we just haven't decided what to do with it yet. So, don't take that list as a statement that EMFH won't be changing somehow."

Update from Celestalon.

Quote Originally Posted by Itisamuh View Post
    I don't understand why Escape Artist is getting buffed, Will of the Forsaken is getting nerfed (again) while Every Man For Himself isn't touched.

Other than that, I don't really have any complaints. I'd rather racials were removed entirely, but it's clear Blizzard is too stubborn for that.
    Escape Artist is getting buffed because it's generally useless.

Roots and slows can generally be instantly reapplied by almost any class. It takes only an average player to make using Escape Artist a waste of a button.

It's going to be most powerful on a gnome priest.

What I want to know is whether the Nelf racial is going to act differently in Shadowmoon Valley.

Quote Originally Posted by Lynneiah View Post
    What I want to know is whether the Nelf racial is going to act differently in Shadowmoon Valley.
    I would assume so. Unless it is tied to realtime, but that would be strange if it was.

10+ Year Old Account