Page 1 of 8
... LastLast
    Deleted

Button Bloat - Which DK abilities will be removed?

Since almost every class forum has one of these threads we might aswell start one here.

Which abilities do you think will be removed/merged together?

My thoughts:

- Possibly plague strike and BP for Frost / Blood
    - Blood strike
    - Presences made passive/removed
    - Necrotic strike
    - Raise dead for frost/blood. Death pact removed/changed to work w/o pet
    - Soul reaper for blood
    - Unholy frenzy

In my opinion Dks dont really have a problem with button bloat and it was quite hard to try and come up with stuff to remove.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    They'll most likely do something about merging disease abilities, kinda like how Plague Strike already applies Frost Fever as Unholy, but for all specs.

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

Deleted
    I have to agree though everything on my bars I use only thing I never use is blood strike.

Unholy Frenzy is very likely as Unholy also has Summon Gargoyle, they stated they were removing multiple throughput cooldowns, and Unholy Frenzy isn't sexy. Raise Dead for blood/frost is similar, but it is sexy, so my guess it is will remain.

I would have bet upon losing either Plague Strike or Icy Touch and moving to one disease, because it seems so dang obvious to me, but from the recent play shots they are still in that build. I would like to see both Icy Touch and Plague Strike removed and replaced with a 0 cooldown Outbreak costing 1F1U for frost/blood and 1U for Unholy.

Blood Strike can easily be removed by giving Blood and Unholy Heart Strike and Festering Strike upon creation. Easy win.

Presences aren't rotational so they aren't candidates for button bloat removal.

Necrotic Strike is rotational, but it's spec-defining in PvP. I don't see it being removed.

Soul Reaper is rotational for Blood, and it's not super useful, but it is a neat point of differentiation for DKs, in that our tank has an execute. Could go either way. I wouldn't really miss it if it was gone, but the hardcore DK soloers probably would.

I'd like to see both Frost and Unholy losing Death Strike, replacing it with a buffed and truly useful L60 healing talent.

The Chains of Ice snare should be added to Icy Touch. Another easy win.

Strangulate is probably going away. The devs indicated they wanted less silence effects in the game.

Another bit from the recent play screenshots; Horn of Winter no longer gives RP, so it is no longer rotational, effectively removing button bloat. Another win.

That's all that immediately comes to mind.

Honestly DK's probably have the least button bloat of any class. I mean you could remove blood strike and just give Blood DK's Heart Strike at 55.

Second-least, after monks. There's a reason for that!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Schizoide View Post
    Unholy Frenzy is very likely as Unholy also has Summon Gargoyle, they stated they were removing multiple throughput cooldowns, and Unholy Frenzy isn't sexy. Raise Dead for blood/frost is similar, but it is sexy, so my guess it is will remain.

I would have bet upon losing either Plague Strike or Icy Touch and moving to one disease, because it seems so dang obvious to me, but from the recent play shots they are still in that build. I would like to see both Icy Touch and Plague Strike removed and replaced with a 0 cooldown Outbreak costing 1F1U for frost/blood and 1U for Unholy.

Blood Strike can easily be removed by giving Blood and Unholy Heart Strike and Festering Strike upon creation. Easy win.

Presences aren't rotational so they aren't candidates for button bloat removal.

Necrotic Strike is rotational, but it's spec-defining in PvP. I don't see it being removed.

Soul Reaper is rotational for Blood, and it's not super useful, but it is a neat point of differentiation for DKs, in that our tank has an execute. Could go either way. I wouldn't really miss it if it was gone, but the hardcore DK soloers probably would.

I'd like to see both Frost and Unholy losing Death Strike, replacing it with a buffed and truly useful L60 healing talent.

The Chains of Ice snare should be added to Icy Touch. Another easy win.

Strangulate is probably going away. The devs indicated they wanted less silence effects in the game.

Another bit from the recent play screenshots; Horn of Winter no longer gives RP, so it is no longer rotational, effectively removing button bloat. Another win.

That's all that immediately comes to mind.
    They could be doing like their doing with Skull Banner.. They're removing skull banner and adding some of it to recklessness

chains of ice and icy touch will be combined into 1 ability, blood strike gone, pestilence gone, strangulate gone (my guesses, but it makes a lot of sense to me)

Wouldn't mind seeing Blood Boil, Unholy Presence and Obliterate removed for Frost.
    And then give us back Hungering Cold.

Gargoyle and Unholy Frenzy are definitrly gonna get merged

Not sure many of you guys understand what button bloat is. Button bloat refers to abilities that you have keybound and use all the time. Usually on buttons 1-5, Q, E, F, T, V, and G.

Removing Obliterate for Frost is just silly, because it's a primary ability. You probably meant to say something else.

Removing UH Presence and Blood Boil for Frost would not impact button bloat at all, because Frost doesn't have those abilities keybound anyway. It would be a good change, because they act as a trap for new players who use them when they shouldn't, but it's not actually button bloat.

Deleted
    if they do merge unholy frenzy and garg i hope they change it so it gives something other than haste since you prob will be looking to use garg during BL..

ya remove
    Necrotic Strike... and Strangulate
    our two iconic abilities... Maybe some anti-DK bias?

Which abilities get removed can not be exactly determined without knowing all the other variables of the situation. For example, we don't know for sure if there will be changes to our actual rune system. That could or could not be accompanied with a change to the cost of certain abilities. It's safe to say that Unholy Frenzy will be changed or removed. Cooldowns that can be stacked are the first priority on their list.

Granted, DKs are much better off than most classes in regards to the "ability bloat problem", having Horn of Winter create no RP is a big win.

I just can't see our current Tier1 sticking around. I think Rolling Blood goes baseline. Meaning that Pestilence can be safely removed from the game. In that scenario, it is possible that Howling Blast would apply both Frost Fever and Blood Plague. Who knows though.

I do not think that Blood Strike will ever be removed from Blood as long as Heart Strike affects multiple targets. There is a scenario where Blood could be designed with the idea of only using one disease. In that scenario, Blood Strike would apply Blood Plague. That would give it more purpose. Otherwise, Blood Strike will probably remain and just go mostly unused.

I could see Outbreak being removed completely. But I could also see it given exclusively to one spec and without a cooldown. Unholy perhaps?

Dark Simulacrum could be removed. This is an ability that does not get a lot of use outside of PvP. It's an extremely niche ability. And due to the nature of DS, it has a lot of upkeep for the Devs. So I could see this being on the chopping block as well.

Chains of Ice "could" be merged with Icy Touch. That is possible. Although I would rather see a tweaked version of CoI moved to our talent grid as an option within a movement/control tier. Pit it against Death's Advance and another talent that improves Death Grip and we have a winner.

Speaking of DA, it would be nice to have those movement increasing effects become totally passive; The movement speed increase of Unholy Presence would/should be removed and accounted for within DA. That would free up more bar space.

Here is an example of how CoI, Chilblains, DA and a lot of other stuff could work within our talent grid:

http://mop-talent-grid-maker.appspot...gridId=2204001

AND

http://mop-talent-grid-maker.appspot...gridId=2224001

Quote Originally Posted by Clash1 View Post
    I think Rolling Blood goes baseline. Meaning that Pestilence can be safely removed from the game.
    Another good one, for sure.

Pretty sure Army of the Dead is going to be removed for dps

http://translationparty.com/#11256672 (Leaked someone found some weeks ago)

Deleted
    sorta happy if its true, always a pain to cast

Disagree, Army is one of those sexy abilities that I would hate to lose. Its implementation was always a problem, but changing it to an instant cast that ramps up over 6s would fix it nicely. Demoting to a tank cooldown would be a huge shame.

Quote Originally Posted by Schizoide View Post
    Removing Obliterate for Frost is just silly, because it's a primary ability. You probably meant to say something else.
    No i didn't. Have no use for Obliterate as DW frost. If it is to stay, then redesign frost...

10+ Year Old Account
    i have to go with plague siphon or whatever that first tier where you convert remaining disease ticks into death runes.