Page 1 of 5
... LastLast
    Deleted

fire mages going Blood elf in wod?

Blood Elf

Arcane Acuity is a new racial passive ability that increases Critical Strike chance by 1%.

since Trolls and orcs racials will be getting nerfed (slightly), will we see an increase in Blood elf fire mages?, is it worth the cash if it means topping meters slightly in wod?

will mmo's fire mage community race change for this slight advantage?

Your race isn't going to make you top the meters. I'm topping fights as undead so yeah.

That said, the worgen is 1% atm and it's not better than a troll, not sure how the nerf affects it really.
    Quote Originally Posted by rogoth View Post
    I'm glad you brought up IQ, the last standardised IQ test I took I scored a 127, the threshold for 'Genius' is 140, and the threshold for 'Gifted Genius' is 165+, based on the fact the global average IQ is 84, and the fact you're likely Americanwhere the national IQ is BELOW the global average and falling consistently which has led to calls for global intervention in your abysmal education system, I feel you have VERY LITTLE room to talk about IQ levels, but thanks for trying.

10+ Year Old Account
    Won't Combustion stop scaling with haste? I can't remember all of the tweets at the moment. Besides, we don't know which gameplay changes await us, so I wouldn't jump to any conclusions as to what minor buff will be the best. For all we know (and kind of hope), the mechanics behind Hot Streak might change.
    My magic will tear you apart.

10+ Year Old Account
    The recent notes released on Racials seem to be extremely balanced, which is awesome for the game, both Alliance and Horde. Ofc there is almost always going to be that "one" race that is better for Mages, whether it's 1dps better or 1,000. It would be nice to have something besides Troll become the race of choice in the upcoming expansion, after playing troll for so long, it becomes a little old, although I've grown to love my handsome male troll!

Personally, I am not a fan of the Blood Elf race, I would love to see Orc or Goblin become the best race for Mages. Make it happen Blizz!!!

- - - Updated - - -

The recent notes released on Racials seem to be extremely balanced, which is awesome for the game, both Alliance and Horde. Ofc there is almost always going to be that "one" race that is better for Mages, whether it's 1dps better or 1,000. It would be nice to have something besides Troll become the race of choice in the upcoming expansion, after playing troll for so long, it becomes a little old, although I've grown to love my handsome male troll!

Personally, I am not a fan of the Blood Elf race, I would love to see Orc or Goblin become the best race for Mages. Make it happen Blizz!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Shangalar View Post
    Won't Combustion stop scaling with haste? I can't remember all of the tweets at the moment. Besides, we don't know which gameplay changes await us, so I wouldn't jump to any conclusions as to what minor buff will be the best. For all we know (and kind of hope), the mechanics behind Hot Streak might change.
    From what I understood yes. There will be no haste breakpoints for any abilities like this, they will all have their base durations/ticks and Haste will not provide extra ticks. I could be wrong as I really haven't paid that much attention to the new notes. To me it's just sooo much to keep up and at this point very few of the notes will make it to the actual live build, but we'll see!

"Once you roll troll you never reroll"

So, no.

Deleted
    Well Orcs are simming higher than Worgens and Combustion will still "snapshot" from intprocs.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shangalar View Post
    I thought they were just doing away with breakpoints and snapshots. DoTs will still benefit from haste, just not to the extent they do now, so I'd expect combustion to behave the same way. Of course it's entirely possible I missed something as well, but I'd hope haste is still beneficial for combustion beyond just pumping out PBs faster.

Deleted
    Int-proccs will benefit Combustion for its entire duration since it bases its dmg depending on the Ignite when you cast it. Haste-procs will result in higher dmg during the procs duration. (Ofc the Haste can also let you build a bigger ignite aswell)

It's all going to depend on how strong our combustion is going into WoD. For multitarget fights orc/dranei racials are going to pull ahead due to combustions nature more than likely.

Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    I am actually curious if Dwarfs wouldn't be the best race for pure fire DPS. 2% increase to crit damage especially late in the tier seems very good.

Quote Originally Posted by Tanda View Post
    I am actually curious if Dwarfs wouldn't be the best race for pure fire DPS. 2% increase to crit damage especially late in the tier seems very good.
    Already planning on going Dwarf in 6.0 since my guild raids Alliance. Take my money Blizzard! The tough choice tbh is whether to go male or female. Need to see more hair styles. I know I'd get tired of the beard.

Quote Originally Posted by durrtygoodz View Post
    Your race isn't going to make you top the meters. I'm topping fights as undead so yeah.

That said, the worgen is 1% atm and it's not better than a troll, not sure how the nerf affects it really.
    It can certainly help though. Plenty of people looking for that little extra will switch. Blizzard is going to make a small fortune with race changes in WoD.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

Quote Originally Posted by Tanda View Post
    Further 1 would go to an expansion, the more the raw stat budget grows and hence the crit rate will probably rise. Making the Dwarf the most unbalanced racial of all. It will either be underwhelming on start or extremely good throughout the expansion going towards redic in the end. And not only that it has the best defensive CD of all.

Now if Dwarf will be best pure DPS wise.. It depends on many things, most importantly how much crit can we get. If Fire still has CM and is revolved around crits.. then yes Dwarf would no doubt be way ahead of the others. If not by dps alone then combined survivability and dps. Now the problem comes, that we do not know any hammered down mechanics from WoD. We don't know their plans for stats, we might never get above 30% crit all we know. We might have really low amounts of Int, making the Int racials really good, but as the Int racial seem to be fixed amount, it will probably start strong and fade away as we get more and more int..

In the end it's just a shot in the dark to say anything atm. Be it Blood Elf, Worgen or Dwarf.. Calling anything a winner right now is just pointless. And I know it's annoying not knowing, but this is how Blizzard likes to play it. And we will probably have to wait till Raiding gear pops on Beta to really know what is actually going to happen.

My guess.. Int based racials will start the strongest, then the secondary stat boosters start to ramp up compared to Int and finally when we get enought crit and int.. the crit damage racials will rule in the end. Or Fire is still based on crits and has a new CM boosting our crit rates, making Dwarf the obvious choice for min/max

Now I cannot stress this enough: There will not be any clear cut winners next expansion like Trolls were dps wise this expansion for us. You won't gain much over anyone else dps wise from going any race(if Blizzard manages to balance the things out). Dwarf sure has the extremely good defensive cd though, which will help HC guilds at least a bit.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrven View Post
    It can certainly help though. Plenty of people looking for that little extra will switch. Blizzard is going to make a small fortune with race changes in WoD.
    It did help a lot this expansion for Mages with Troll and Orc buff getting extended with AT. But come the race changes as said in my post above there is nothing truly OP racials anymore. Unless you count the Dwarf offensive/defensive combo which seems a bit too good for now.

You need 50% critical rate or higher for Dwarf to beat 1% crit.

Your race isn't going to make you top the meters.
    With the exception of Troll because that nerf barely touched Zerking. An easier fix would be to remove Combustion.

Long story short: No. You'd think Human would be better if we can pick Multistrike or Readiness.
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

Quote Originally Posted by Methusula View Post
    Which if Fire continues to play with crits, will probably happen. As for anything else, we just don't know how far we will get. Having now 4 different raid levels and normal + heroic dungeons to boost our gear already, it just seems to me scaling will be even worse than currently(sure the numbers will be smaller, but you probably get what am after here).. unless they jump of the meaningful upgrade bandwagon.

It's not about the individual. It's about the collective. Imagine every class in your raid that can going troll right now. The increase is significant.

Even at 15%, Berserking is still an outlier with Alter Time, moreso in regards to Combustion. I think ATs getting moved to a talent but they might leave its functionality intact. We'll have to see what else is in that tier, comparatively.

Can't speak for other classes, but I don't foresee mass exodus back to Alliance this xpac for mythic pve raiding even if Dwarf looks great. The majority will still be remaining Horde. Alliance would have had to been OP to really see a shift, but it's a lot closer to balanced, for the most part. At least everyone has some kind of dps racial, as most of my Alliance guildmates play for aesthetics.

Pandas should definitely get their buff passively, instead of needing the most expensive food. They don't get it in PVP either do they?
    Last edited by MrExcelion; 2014-03-04 at 02:37 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Last Starfighter View Post
    It's not about the individual. It's about the collective. Imagine every class in your raid that can going troll right now. The increase is significant.
    You misread me. Sure, optimizing is good. If I had the money I'd be troll right now even for that tiny difference. But I said that your race will not top the meter for you, as the OP wrote. If you're shit at the game, and you get a 1% increase, you're still shit.
    Quote Originally Posted by rogoth View Post
    I'm glad you brought up IQ, the last standardised IQ test I took I scored a 127, the threshold for 'Genius' is 140, and the threshold for 'Gifted Genius' is 165+, based on the fact the global average IQ is 84, and the fact you're likely Americanwhere the national IQ is BELOW the global average and falling consistently which has led to calls for global intervention in your abysmal education system, I feel you have VERY LITTLE room to talk about IQ levels, but thanks for trying.

Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Methusula View Post
    I think the crit % needed to make the Dwarf racial better would be much lower for fire. I am not sure of when the % of your damage derived from crit damage passes 50% of your total damage but I would guess it would be closer to 35% or so.

But as pointed out earlier this is all using poor information from current mechanics which will be tweaked.