Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Garrod View Post
    Since the other threads have been swamped with Arcane PvP and general Frost complaining, how do other Fire mages feel about the WoD changes so far PvE-wise? It seems like most of us aren't doing a whole lot of complaining(or even discussion really) compared to the other two specs.
    A bit earlier today I made a post about Fire mages right now in WoD. You can go respond to or post your own thoughts if you like in that thread.

Deleted
    I certainly wont be racechanging my gnome to an ugly blood elf just to get extra dps, the same as I never rerolled worgen which had the 1% crit bonus.

Maybe at top level some people will be making their race to the best for the dps, but cant see that 1% crit being a huge difference late on, by which time you are stuck with a specific race, unless you want to throw $£$£ at it.

Deleted
    Do people really care that much about racials? Never thought so.

Quote Originally Posted by Getreuer View Post
    Do people really care that much about racials? Never thought so.
    Every raid team that I've been on that has been in the top 1000, there have been players on that raid team that have race-changed for racial bonuses. It wasn't required, per se, but it was encouraged. And I know people in guilds in the 3000-5000 ranking that also race changed for better racials. Not to mention the gobs of people who race changed for pvp, which is why there was a jump in blood elf warriors when cataclysm came around for example.

People who high-level raiders - not even the elite, top 5 guilds, mind you, but just regular high-level - often pay money to jump servers, factions, guilds. The race change thing with racial bonuses is simply part of the high end raid culture.

Deleted
    I don't have to change then (and unless you are in a world 1st team, who cares actually)

Quote Originally Posted by Neonore View Post
    and unless you are in a world 1st team, who cares actually
    Surpricingly.. A lot of people care. Be it top 10/100/1000/10000. People want you to minmax, if you don't you are already at a disadvantage when applying to a guild. Sure most guilds that I've been in have delved deeper and actually learn about the people that are trying to join, but in most cases it's an application in text form. And then only things 1 can look at is their character, logs and how the application is written.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Pyromelter View Post
    Every raid team that I've been on that has been in the top 1000, there have been players on that raid team that have race-changed for racial bonuses. It wasn't required, per se, but it was encouraged. And I know people in guilds in the 3000-5000 ranking that also race changed for better racials. Not to mention the gobs of people who race changed for pvp, which is why there was a jump in blood elf warriors when cataclysm came around for example.

People who high-level raiders - not even the elite, top 5 guilds, mind you, but just regular high-level - often pay money to jump servers, factions, guilds. The race change thing with racial bonuses is simply part of the high end raid culture.
    It does makes sense when you put it up like that especially if you want to be the best.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by johnprescott View Post
    Blood Elf

Arcane Acuity is a new racial passive ability that increases Critical Strike chance by 1%.

since Trolls and orcs racials will be getting nerfed (slightly), will we see an increase in Blood elf fire mages?, is it worth the cash if it means topping meters slightly in wod?

will mmo's fire mage community race change for this slight advantage?
    Fundamental question: How do you know crit is going to be good for Fire Mages in WoD? Have you seen any theory crafting or data or sims based on end-game content, gear and final ability tuning in WoD?

No, you haven't, because there is no content, gear, finalized balanced spell tuning or anything that could give you any clue qwhether 1% crit is better than 1% mastery or haste or whatever.

Short version: You know nothing yet. Literally nothing.

I'll bet money on Crit being the best stat for Fire. based on how Fire has always worked and that they are not making massive changes to it, it's a pretty safe bet.

Quote Originally Posted by Neonore View Post
    I don't have to change then (and unless you are in a world 1st team, who cares actually)
    So just because someone isn't in method they shouldn't bother with being optimal? You do realize that some of the best dps in the world don't actually raid world firsts right? I know I personally, along with many others, enjoy competing for top ranks on fights after progression is done. When you are going for top ranks you will try to take every advantage available to you, regardless of how small as often times the difference between being a rank higer or lower is as simple as 1 spell not critting as was the case with my Garrosh rank if I had 1 more lucky crit on a barrage that would have been the difference between 9th and 10th. You don't have to be playing 12 hours a day during progress to be playing your class to a high enough potential that a 1% bonus to a secondary matters.

i was going to make a blood elf fire mage anyway. so it changes nothing.
    Anemo: traveler, Sucrose
    Pyro: Yanfei, Amber, diluc, xiangling, thoma, Xinyan, Bennett
    Geo: Noelle, Ningguang, Yun Jin, Gorou
    Hydro: Barbara, Zingqiu, Ayato
    Cyro: Shenhe, Kaeya, Chongyun, Diona, Ayaka, Rosaria
    Electro: Fischl, Lisa, Miko, Kujou, Raiden, Razor

Quote Originally Posted by bregtann View Post
    Fundamental question: How do you know crit is going to be good for Fire Mages in WoD? Have you seen any theory crafting or data or sims based on end-game content, gear and final ability tuning in WoD?

No, you haven't, because there is no content, gear, finalized balanced spell tuning or anything that could give you any clue qwhether 1% crit is better than 1% mastery or haste or whatever.

Judging by how the leveling perk of fire spells involve more crit ( not critting with fireball gives you extra crit %, and pyro blast giving an extra 15% passive crit) its safe to assume that crit will still play a major role in fire gameplay. so if anything it is you who doesn't understand how to comprehend the information given to you.
    #1 fire mage US. u mirin'?
    "Aaah ah ah ah ah ah ah yea, f*ck me, ah, f*ck, aah yeah"
    - Jenna Jameson

Quote Originally Posted by fearist View Post
    Judging by how the leveling perk of fire spells involve more crit ( not critting with fireball gives you extra crit %, and pyro blast giving an extra 15% passive crit) its safe to assume that crit will still play a major role in fire gameplay. so if anything it is you who doesn't understand how to comprehend the information given to you.
    yeah. i am siding with this person.
    Anemo: traveler, Sucrose
    Pyro: Yanfei, Amber, diluc, xiangling, thoma, Xinyan, Bennett
    Geo: Noelle, Ningguang, Yun Jin, Gorou
    Hydro: Barbara, Zingqiu, Ayato
    Cyro: Shenhe, Kaeya, Chongyun, Diona, Ayaka, Rosaria
    Electro: Fischl, Lisa, Miko, Kujou, Raiden, Razor

Quote Originally Posted by bregtann View Post
    Why do you say that? There are many clues on crit being a high player for Fire still. Sure we don't know if crit as a stat will be good for us, but we pretty much know that 2% critical damage is very likely better for Fire than any other spec in the game for PvE. So indeed WE know something. Not enough to make any conclusions on which is the best, but something is not nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by fearist View Post
    While you have a great point, there is no need for a snarky comment like that. Please tune it down a bit.

Quote Originally Posted by Getreuer View Post
    It does makes sense when you put it up like that especially if you want to be the best.
    I'm honestly surprised by how many people race-change, faction-change, server-hop, who aren't anywhere near a top 100 guild. I've been a blood elf mage on my same server for 5 years, and even though I have done some high-end raiding, it was never that important to me to be in a top 100 guild. Most of the raids I've been in in that time would be probably in the top 1000-2000 or so, so to me, I don't think in that area that you should be needing to race change, but I saw so many people in my raids race change. It was sort of mind-boggling actually, so I understand why some people are incredulous that anyone outside a world first type guild would do that.

But hey, people do do it, which is why it matters so much.

Quote Originally Posted by Pyromelter View Post
    I'm honestly surprised by how many people race-change, faction-change, server-hop, who aren't anywhere near a top 100 guild. I've been a blood elf mage on my same server for 5 years, and even though I have done some high-end raiding, it was never that important to me to be in a top 100 guild. Most of the raids I've been in in that time would be probably in the top 1000-2000 or so, so to me, I don't think in that area that you should be needing to race change, but I saw so many people in my raids race change. It was sort of mind-boggling actually, so I understand why some people are incredulous that anyone outside a world first type guild would do that.

But hey, people do do it, which is why it matters so much.
    The thing is that the difference is noticable nowdays. So 20 euros/dollars ain't really much for some people if they raid up to 5 days a week and get a leg up on people in their raids or not to feel worse with a lesser race dps wise.

I highly doubt the difference will be anywhere near the current divide come WoD though. Maybe for high crit specs Tauren/Dwarf will be a bit too good towards the end of the expansion if the races are balanced from averages. People will still race change though, not because it makes sense anymore, but because the community sort of forces it on people. And well the game still sort of a competition between people/groups/guilds/communities.

Quote Originally Posted by mrgreenthump View Post
    Why do you say that? There are many clues on crit being a high player for Fire still. Sure we don't know if crit as a stat will be good for us, but we pretty much know that 2% critical damage is very likely better for Fire than any other spec in the game for PvE. So indeed WE know something. Not enough to make any conclusions on which is the best, but something is not nothing.

While you have a great point, there is no need for a snarky comment like that. Please tune it down a bit.
    you are right. i apologize
    #1 fire mage US. u mirin'?
    "Aaah ah ah ah ah ah ah yea, f*ck me, ah, f*ck, aah yeah"
    - Jenna Jameson

Quote Originally Posted by Coldvibes View Post
    I'm legitimately surprised none of the racials have anything to do with Mastery....
    Probably because mastery is somthing you get after your character has hit lv 80 and is tied to your "mastery" of your character, at least thats how i understand it, no gear before Cata has it nor does your chararater make use of it before 80.

Wouldn't the Panda double food racial still be better than 1% crit anyways?
    Last edited by provaporous; 2014-04-14 at 10:15 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Vote for Tauren!

tbh, i hope that they will be well balanced so that the race is a choice of style.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Methusula View Post
    You need 50% critical rate or higher for Dwarf to beat 1% crit.
    I don't know if someone already corrected that, but the 2% crit damage racial is actually a 204% multiplier on crits according to celestalon. So, 25% crit to dwarf beat blood elves and worgens.