Deleted

How to make gold with following professions?

I have following professions maxed out,

Jewelcrafting, Engineering, Mining and Enchanting.

How can I make gold combining those four professions? Or should I ask, what is the best way to make gold?

I used to make gold by prospecting Ores.
    I would make gems with blue mats, and fingers / necks with green mats that I would later disenchant.

Deleted
    If you want specific advice, more information is needed. Primarily, the size of your realm and the amount of time you have available. I've found gold making is pretty different on low pop vs. high pop realms.

From my experience, on low pop realms it's easier to craft "end-use products" such as cut gems, enchantment scrolls etc. Low pop realms tend to have significantly fewer competition and higher prices. Run old LFR (T14, ToT) and use coins for extra loot to disenchant, make weapon and bracer enchants. Use your engi CD for Sky Golem, prospect ore and cut popular gems.

On high pop realms there's usually a lot of constantly undercutting competition. Prices will be significantly lower (my former realm Sky Golem 29k, current realm 12k). Sell enchanting mats, uncut gems, trillium ore etc. Those sell lightning fast and demand is great.

The game changes if you have significant amount of time available. While I was still at college I checked all raiding guilds on my realm (use Wowprogress) to see what their raiding days were. Then I'd sit on AH for 2 hours before most common raid times and for 2 hours after (usually Wed, Thu, Sun 6pm-8pm, 10pm-midnight) constantly posting cut gems and enchanting scrolls. Addons such as TSM are a must for this. I made 1.2m from mid Cata till mid MoP doing only this.

Deleted
    First of all thank you, I really appreciate your help.
    I'm playing on high pop realm, Eu Sylvanas, Alliance.

I play WoW aprox. 5 hours a day... as I don't really have time for raiding, and I'm not a PVP person, I can spend all that time on farming gold.

How geared is your character?

Best way I make gold is by killing the Zandalari Warbringers, if you can solo them. 100% kill them

They're a very hot mob, almost always camped, so a high pop realm you may have trouble finding them up. But if you got friends who can invite you to their realm, or other means to join a different realm to kill them. They are pretty good

Always drops a green bag which almost always contains ore for prospecting, with the small chance at getting a blue bag which contains a crap ton of profession mats.

I currently only use JC for a profiting Profession, so I just Prospect and sell the gems, the rest of the mats I just post, but that's my way.

Zandalari Warscouts are good too. But they path where-as the Warbringers are perma rooted in one set spot. so findin the Scouts can be hard (unless you know their path route)

Deleted
    I'm afraid I can not kill Zandalari Warbringer on my own. I tried to kill one last night with my Blood Dk(500ilvl) and I failed hard, also failed with my ferail druid (507ilvl).

I did kill 3 Zandalari Warscouts last night, but I got only 3 Insignias and since I can't sell those for me it was only a waste of time.

15+ Year Old Account
    Engineering is currently back in the dog house profession wise, especially on high population realms, since the Sky Golem market bottomed out (on Sylvanas-EU you're lucky to make 2,000g profit off your 30 day CDs if you buy the Living Steel).
    Dragonflight: Grand Marshal Hottage
    PC Specs: Ryzen 7 7800X3D | ASUS ROG STRIX B650E-I | 32GB 6000Mhz DDR5 | NZXT Kraken 120
    Inno3D RTX 4080 iChill | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 2TB | NZXT H200 | Corsair SF750 | Windows 11 Pro
    Razer Basilisk Ultimate | Razer Blackwidow V3 | ViewSonic XG2730 | Steam Deck 1TB OLED

Deleted
    Yeah, that sucks.
    I'll rather make myself a Golem than sell one to be honest.

how much gold do you need. I have 11 90's on my main server. Only 210k gold between all of them but I don't need to spend any gold either since I have every profession maxed with a couple duplicates(for extra mats/daily cd's) and a few that have just gathering professions. So in terms of needing gold, I really don't need it. If trying to make big bucks with those professions though definitely follow what was said earlier, find out the average raid times on your server, go 2 hrs before and 2 hrs after. Depending on how much gold you have to start with you can buy all the stuff that people are undercutting way to much and repost for a higher price.

Deleted
    At the moment I don't need gold, I have enough for repairs, enchants and gems, but I would like to farm as much as possible for future, so when new expansion comes out I don't have to worry about gold.

At this time I have nothing better to do than farming gold, and that's why I've decided to ask you guys for help. I'd like to make as much gold as possible using those 4 professions.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Novica View Post
    I have following professions maxed out,

How can I make gold combining those four professions? Or should I ask, what is the best way to make gold?

I used to make gold by prospecting Ores.
    I would make gems with blue mats, and fingers / necks with green mats that I would later disenchant.
    jewelcrafting: the intel gems, strength gems, agility gems all sell well
    engineering: mounts and pets and the scopes for hunter
    mining: mine the ghost ore and turn it into trilium and living steel
    enchanting: weapon enchants

Enchanting = Sell mats and enchants

JC = Gems (prospect from your ore)

Mining = sell ore

Engi = Sky Golem/pets

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Novica View Post
    I'm afraid I can not kill Zandalari Warbringer on my own. I tried to kill one last night with my Blood Dk(500ilvl) and I failed hard, also failed with my ferail druid (507ilvl).
    I used to farm Warbringers on my DK (armory). Exactly as you see the toon on armory - talents and gear. At my gear level you are not allowed to make mistakes. 2 mistakes in a row and it's a wipe. Make sure to kite the spirit and AMS the warbringer when he starts casting fear. Use other talents if AMS is on CD or you miss it. I abandoned farming them though when I got all reps to revered on my main, it took me ~10 mins per kill (50k-ish dps).

Regarding what you wrote about your playing habbits and time, I'd do this:
    1) install TSM addon
    2) check a site like Worldofwargraphs
    3) make a list of all commonly used gems (the ones worth selling)
    4) get all the average gem prices for your realm - Wowuction
    5) based on average gem prices and prospecting drop rates (Wowhead) figure out what is your minimum price to buy Ghost Iron Ore (check Kyparite as well)
    6) Learn how to use TSM and create automated posting and undercutting lists (google this)
    7) Cut all the gems from list made in step 3 and sit on AH at peak times (usually in the last hour of raids and for 2 hours after raids are done - most commonly WED, THU, SUN evenings) checking and undercutting every 5 or so minutes.
    8) Use your daily engineering CD to make Sky Golem
    9) PROFIT :P

Those are detailed steps and resources I found to work for me on a busy realm while learning how to maximize my gold income.
    Last edited by mmoc0b587272a8; 2014-03-21 at 02:07 PM.

Enchanting will always be the best, especially when new tiers are released. People need those enchanting mats disenchanted only from items in those raids. So it's best to acquire and sell them as soon as possible.

Deleted
    Thank you all guys! I really appreciate your help.

I'll stick with prospecting / disenchanting > selling mats

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dudeness View Post
    Enchanting will always be the best, especially when new tiers are released. People need those enchanting mats disenchanted only from items in those raids. So it's best to acquire and sell them as soon as possible.
    seems like thats not the case when WoD comes out since they announced they gonna cut some enchants