Thread: MM Pets for PvP

MM Pets for PvP

I'm sure this has been posted about a million times but what the heck, here goes.

I'm looking to try out my hunter this season as MM and I was wondering which pets I should be using. Know I should be using Cunning pets for utility, currently have a monkey but was thinking of getting 1 spider, 2 cranes and 1 bird for disarm.

Deleted
    Personally I don't find myself using anything but crane, but having a disarm would be quite handy, I think the spider root is underwhelming compared to the other abilities. Now that we don't need to keep buffing pets we have got room for more options, but as I said crane will bemy choice 9/10 of the time.

10+ Year Old Account
    could use a moth for another interupt

No real reason to keep 2 cranes since you can't swap pets inside arenas anymore after it starts

Oh, I didn't know you couldnt swap pets anymore, thanks for the heads up

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vixenlol View Post
    Oh, I didn't know you couldnt swap pets anymore, thanks for the heads up
    no prob

they did it because hunters were starting the match ( using Rabid and the pet cc ). Then swapping pets and do it again
    It is also why they made our dismiss pet cast like 10 years long.

Deleted
    Pref the spider myself

Though pets such as spider, crab, and a bird may seem nice because of the CC that they provide, you probably won't need the extra CC since currently there is a copious amount of CC in the game. It may be useful if you don't have a CC of that type, for example, use a bird against a warrior team if you don't have a disarm on your team. Though, I suggest using pets that give you missing buffs, such as a wolf for crit, cat for mastery, or a boar for the 4% increased damage to target.

Just checked and it seems that the shale spider which i use when im bm is actually the one that does the web stun lol.

So the spider i use is actually just a normal root.
    Last edited by pkm; 2014-03-05 at 08:42 AM. Reason: wrong info

Deleted
    I have these for different encounters.

Spider with Root for melee
    Bird of Prey with Disarm for melee aswell
    Moth with interrupt for casters
    Wolf with +crit for BGs
    Cat with +mastery for BGs

It has something for every encounter

10+ Year Old Account
    I still use a Goat for Caster heavy teams - even after the nerf to them, it still screws over a lot of class's

Crane for CC, Bird or Scorpid for Disarm. And Cunning specced for sac and pet trinket, always.

wolf in 3s if you're running with something that doesn't bring crit. 5% crit is a lot of pressure. I like it in bgs as well since cc pets don't really work since everyone breaks cc.

Crane is ok in 2s, scorpion against dks and hunters.

sporebat/goat against caster cleaves in 3s are also quite nice.

10+ Year Old Account
    U'd think ppl would remember about the 40s interrupt from Netherrays but I guess not....

Quote Originally Posted by Malakath View Post
    U'd think ppl would remember about the 40s interrupt from Netherrays but I guess not....
    aoe cast time debuff against caster cleaves much more useful

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Illana View Post
    aoe cast time debuff against caster cleaves much more useful
    Agreed sooooo much, I don't think a lot of people understand how much a slower GCD and cast time mess's with class's like S Priests

10+ Year Old Account
    I dont like nether rays its like the bad middle ground. Moth 1min/longest actual interupt or gorilla 20sec/melee range, is the way to go in my opinion.
    Granted gorilla will be more effective if you train the healer.

I do mainly battlegrounds, in the casual setting, I always use a cat for the mastery buff. All you see is 12k plus wild quiver crit spam across the screen.